PDA

View Full Version : At Last...

Flygirl
12-14-2005, 09:47 PM
...I've found the Introduction section that my friends told me about! I'm sort of new to the message-board scene. This is my first, in fact. So, please bear with me. I actually joined MGO last year but this is the first time I've had the opportunity to sign-on. Background briefing: member NRA, AOPA, FAAST Board Member (FAA Safety Team formerly known as ASC - Aviation Safety Counselors) - volunteer position; speech therapist by profession. Currently taking defensive pistol class with a couple of MGO members. Also trained with Survival Flight (UM) and SATRA (Search & Rescue Team)...all that means is I can tie a knot and get thrown out of a 6th floor window hanging onto a rope. Survived grad school, kitchen remodeling, and divorcing a lawyer. So, onward & upward, all is well, and glad to be here! (I'm still not sure how/when to use those little smiley-thingys...)

Fiddler
12-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the boards, Corinne! I'm glad you made it! There are many very nice and knowlegable people here, and you'll fit right in!

Knimrod
12-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Welcome aboard!!

RSF
12-14-2005, 10:04 PM
great just what we need, another gun toting chick!

howdy corrine

mkls0
12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi good to see you made it here....

goldwing2000
12-15-2005, 12:36 AM
There are many very nice and knowlegable people here...

Yeah... and there's some real curmudgeons, too. ;)

RSF
12-15-2005, 12:41 AM
I resent that, if i knew what it meant and it offended me..............well i would

Divegeek
12-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Deputy and Kane can be a little crotchety sometimes but they are generally well meaning individuals who are just misunderstood. Pay attention and you can learn a lot. Just don't get discouraged by some of the arguments that get going.

Welcome to the group.

enfield
12-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Welcome!

audit
12-15-2005, 10:22 AM
I think I'm in love ;)

Welcome aboard

RSF
12-15-2005, 11:11 AM
I think I'm in love.

with me or kane.

cliffd
12-15-2005, 11:24 AM
...I've found the Introduction section that my friends told me about! I'm sort of new to the message-board scene. This is my first, in fact. So, please bear with me. I actually joined MGO last year but this is the first time I've had the opportunity to sign-on. Background briefing: member NRA, AOPA, FAAST Board Member (FAA Safety Team formerly known as ASC - Aviation Safety Counselors) - volunteer position; speech therapist by profession. Currently taking defensive pistol class with a couple of MGO members. Also trained with Survival Flight (UM) and SATRA (Search & Rescue Team)...all that means is I can tie a knot and get thrown out of a 6th floor window hanging onto a rope. Survived grad school, kitchen remodeling, and divorcing a lawyer. So, onward & upward, all is well, and glad to be here! (I'm still not sure how/when to use those little smiley-thingys...)

Quite impressive! If I were not already married I might try to flirt with you by saying I am most impressed with the "divorcing a lawyer" accomplishment. That REALLY shows how smart you are. ;)

Welcome aboard!

goldwing2000
12-15-2005, 11:26 AM
I think I'm in love.

with me or kane.

:lolup: :scratch:

audit
12-15-2005, 12:07 PM
I think I'm in love.

with me or kane.

hahaha. Flygirl of course. If I could only get my wife into guns and personal protection like Flygirl. (sigh)

Flygirl
12-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Thank you, gentlemen.......very nice welcome...and you are very funny! But I can see that I'd better be careful with comments or I'll go down in flames. :-D

Ken P
12-15-2005, 05:50 PM
gentlemen.......

wrong board

:rofl:

RSF
12-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Flygirl of course.

So your saying you dont like us!................ *******

Ken P
12-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Flygirl of course.

So your saying you dont like us!................ *******

Augie likes you Steve

Fiddler
12-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Thank you, gentlemen.......very nice welcome...and you are very funny! But I can see that I'd better be careful with comments or I'll go down in flames. :-D

No, Corinne, actually you're a good match for their wit, and it's nice to have another woman around to help keep them in line. I see you figured out how to use "those little smiley- thingys."

RSF
12-15-2005, 08:09 PM
and it's nice to have another woman around to help keep them in line..........

aint no one keeping me in line

M1911A1
12-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah... and there's some real curmudgeons, too. ;)

Yep, and when it comes to curmudgeons, I the most cantakerous curmudgeon of them all, but that's by default now that Zipgraver has left the state! :lol:
Don't sweat it, anyone who carries a 1911 is Ok in my book :biggrin:

Welcome to the boards!

Fiddler
12-15-2005, 08:12 PM
and it's nice to have another woman around to help keep them in line..........

aint no one keeping me in line

Isn't that the truth! Well, there's still hope for the rest of them.

Fiddler
12-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Yep, and when it comes to curmudgeons, I the most cantakerous curmudgeon of them all, but that's by default now that Zipgraver has left the state! :lol:
Don't sweat it, anyone who carries a 1911 is Ok in my book :biggrin:

Welcome to the boards!

Marty, I hate to break it to you. When it comes to being cranky or cantankerous, Gary has nothing on you, and I should know!

mkls0
12-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Marty, I hate to break it to you. When it comes to being cranky or cantankerous, Gary has nothing on you, and I should know!

Now hang on Gary is the winner in MI. he is working on NV now... So Marty has to Train up to top Gary!!!!

Flygirl
12-15-2005, 10:10 PM
No, Corinne, actually you're a good match for their wit, and it's nice to have another woman around to help keep them in line. I see you figured out how to use "those little smiley- thingys."

Thanks! And yes, I did figure out those smiley-things...just point & shoot. I can do that.
As for keeping anyone in line, I always resort to bribery....like homemade chocolate chip cookies....which I can do now that I have a kitchen again. :-D

audit
12-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Keep talking like that Flygirl and your lible to start getting marriage proposals. ;) :)

Fiddler
12-15-2005, 11:20 PM
That's true! The guys love their baked goods!

Ken P
12-16-2005, 12:32 AM

nahhh...it's just that chicks with gunss are cool....put them in a truck too and (to borrow a line from Wayne and Garth) SCHWIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Autumnlovr
12-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Welcome Flygirl....I've been away alot lately (hunting season) so I've missed a lot of the banter. Watch out for these guys, they LOVE to flirt, it makes the canterous ones feel young again!

As for keeping anyone in line, I always resort to bribery....like homemade chocolate chip cookies....which I can do now that I have a kitchen again. :-D
Since Deputy was the one who made the remark about being kept in line....the secret is Dep likes oatmeal raisin cookies.

RSF
12-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Dang it lauren, Next you wil be telling them about my footie PJ's too

Meta4
12-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Welcome!

-James

BA
12-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Welcome Flygirl. Don't worry about Deputy. To get on his good side, cookies will help. But ask him about High Cap. Clips and Fobus Holsters, he loves to talk about that kind of stuff.
We are just here to help.

BA

Flygirl
12-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Well, thanks! everyone for making me feel so welcome & part of the group. I've been having fun...and giggles & grins...with the comments! And I appreciate the offers of help...I need all the help I can get! Trying to get better at defensive pistol, but I also have tried trap & sporting clays (came back looking like I was in a bar fight...at least, I think that's what one would look like should one ever find herself in a bar fight).

So, I guess I have to bring both choc chips & oatmeal raisin cookies to the next function....any other orders? Oh, and I'll bring milk for the Deputy to go with the cookies & footie pj's (dinosaurs or cowboys?).... :-D

Ken P
12-16-2005, 06:20 PM
So, I guess I have to bring both choc chips & oatmeal raisin cookies to the next function....any other orders? Oh, and I'll bring milk for the Deputy to go with the cookies & footie pj's (dinosaurs or cowboys?).... :-D

You better start baking now...Dep is about 6'6"..both wide and tall...he likes stepping on necks for fun, and besides his footie pj's he likes bright red coveralls...(I think it's a santa claus thing...something about people sitting on his lap) :gossip:

Autumnlovr
12-16-2005, 11:01 PM

Barbara likes chocolate fudge. I've personally watched her mug Deputy for a slice of it....not sure if it had nuts in it or not, but I thought she was nuts for mugging Dep.

Barbara
12-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Well, it was good fudge.

RSF
12-17-2005, 12:02 AM
I figured my only recourse was to give i tup since she was attached to my leg...................with her teeth

Roger Roney
12-17-2005, 03:41 AM
Barbara likes chocolate fudge. I've personally watched her mug Deputy for a slice of it....not sure if it had nuts in it or not, but I thought she was nuts for mugging Dep.
Well, it was good fudge.
I figured my only recourse was to give i tup since she was attached to my leg...................with her teeth :lolup: I was there too, and likewise, Lauren. :)

OnTopic, Welcome, Corinne.

Roger

Flygirl
12-17-2005, 10:04 AM
I've already signed up for the Fun Shoot on Dec. 30...so let the baking begin!! Wellll.... it will have to wait until I get back on the 26th and I've not used my new oven yet, so this should be an experience. No guarantees on fudge, but chocolate will be involved.
And I'm not worried about Deputy...anyone that wears footie pj's (at 6'6"), and gives up his fudge to a poor, starving woman, can't be all bad....mmmm...footie pj's at 6'6"...I may actually pay money to see that. :-D

RSF
12-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Oh Corrine....YOU seam to forget who has your kimber right now didnt you?.......................................

Barbara
12-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I probably shouldn't admit it, but there's a little more to the story.

The next week, I was in Houston and waiting around at the airport and they had these yummy looking pecan deals and I thought, hey, maybe if I pick Dep up a box of these, I'll get everyone off my ass for accidently assaulting him. So, I bought them.

But umm...you know..me..chocolate..long flight..they were even better than the fudge!

Flygirl
12-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I did get filled in on the fudge story...very funny! I can just see it happening. Anyway, FYI, I happen to know this great chocolate shop in A2 and there's another near me in Birmingham...good coffee & chocolate eclairs...So, Barbara, if you, or anyone else!, is ever in the mood or in the area, let me know. I've been looking for someone to go with...and I think they have fudge... and I don't think you're supposed to eat chocolate alone...no, wait ...that's drinking..I keep getting the two confused..:)

Autumnlovr
12-17-2005, 10:15 PM
... and I don't think you're supposed to eat chocolate alone...no, wait ...that's drinking..I keep getting the two confused..:)

Oh-oh...I'm in trouble. I'm sitting here with a pile of Dove darks about 6 inches from my keyboard.

Fiddler
12-18-2005, 01:56 AM
I did get filled in on the fudge story...very funny! I can just see it happening. Anyway, FYI, I happen to know this great chocolate shop in A2 and there's another near me in Birmingham...good coffee & chocolate eclairs...So, Barbara, if you, or anyone else!, is ever in the mood or in the area, let me know. I've been looking for someone to go with...and I think they have fudge... and I don't think you're supposed to eat chocolate alone...no, wait ...that's drinking..I keep getting the two confused..:)

Hmm... chocolate and coffee. Those are two of my favorite things. Put them together and I think I'm in heaven. I'm game any time!

Flygirl
12-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Automnlovr: put the mouse down and step awaay from the chocolate...
and Fiddler: I'll be back in a week and let's go!

Deputy: I know you have my Kimber....and that you are a good, kind man who will get it in perfect order again...probably with your trusty ballpeen hammer....and that you also possess a tolerant and discerning sense of humor........for a Viking. I promise I'll practice while on vacation!
:)

Jerry
12-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Dang it lauren, Next you wil be telling them about my footie PJ's too

Ha! Too Funny!....

I suppose the PJ's are Red and and have label that says 'SYD' on them?

Maranatha
12-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Heck, I'll pay money not to see Steve in Red Footie PJ's.:crazy:

And I don't mean Naked. You sure need to watch what you type around you folks.

(edited to clarify that I don’t play for the other team)

Ken P
12-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Heck, I'll pay money not to see Steve in Red Footie PJ's.:crazy:

you are a sick puppy....:hardhat: :lolup:

Ken P
12-22-2005, 10:04 PM
put the mouse down and step awaay from the chocolate...

you ought to tell the 4 female types that are my direct reposts that...they burn through about $25 of chocolate a month. :roll: :) (but they work so damn hard for me...who can complain!)

Kouger
12-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Ha! Too Funny!....

I suppose the PJ's are Red and and have label that says 'SYD' on them?

bet they have a little rear flap door with buttons too

bluesoftail
12-22-2005, 11:43 PM
bet they have a little rear flap door with buttons too

ROTFL!!!!!!

Jerry
12-23-2005, 02:26 PM
I see some of us remember Syd! from that cold winter training class!

:rofl:

lee
12-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Welcome Flygirl: Lets see----------a flying chick with guns----wow. BTW. I'm a pilot. I saw a speech therapist when I was a little boy. Couldn't say my S's. The kids used to tease me and say . where you going Lee? I would answer , " I'm going to _peech class which would cause them to laugh hysterically. At this point , I would say "_top it. _top it . " This went on for only a few months until one day I pulled my glock and saw them all _hit a brick. Back in those days one didn't get expelled for applying a little pay back justice. Ok , I have a vivid imagination and after years of therapy I can now joke about it.

Let's see , I fly, own and carry guns, work in the medical industry, boat ,etc My loves are fast women, fast planes , fast boats and cars. Are you hot?

M1911A1
12-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey Lee,
Flygirl is a tall blonde that works out. :biggrin:

Ken P
12-23-2005, 10:27 PM
ok I think I am going to be ill

RSF
12-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey lee and she shoot's much better than you do!

M1911A1
12-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey lee and she shoot's much better than you do!

Flygirl does shoot very well.

Flygirl
12-28-2005, 09:59 PM
OK, I'm back from NC and I see you've all had fun chatting. You guys are too funny!! Thanks for the compliments! Of course, I know this means I'm going to have to work extra hard in class to live up to this! Well, I did promise cookies for the Fun Shoot, so I'd better get back to it. And hope to see/meet some of you on Friday!:fa:
And now it seems I have another problem...before I didn't know how to use those smiley-thingys, and now I can't seem to stop myself....help!:)

Ken P
12-28-2005, 10:30 PM
the good ones are on the "more" link

:piss: :bs: :moon: :moon2:

M1911A1
12-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Ah yes, Emoticon Addiction! :biggrin:
It grips us all at one time or another. :twocents:
Of course, it could be worse. :twisted:
Don't worry, just enjoy posting with emoticons! :thup:

And now it seems I have another problem...before I didn't know how to use those smiley-thingys, and now I can't seem to stop myself....help!

fbuckner
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Nice meeting you today flygirl the pleasure was all mine.

Flygirl
01-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Why thank you. I enjoyed meeting you as well. There seem to be some very nice people in this group.:)

bluethunder
01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Howdy and Welcome, Flygirl!!:lolup: And as far as the "nice poeple in this group" statement............... well, :roll: we have some of every variety you could imagine, and some you couldn't/ wouldn't imagine(present company excluded) 8) . Sounds like I missed out on some fine baked goods. Hope to meet you at a future event. As for help with your smiley addiction, I think there is a local S.A. (for people with a smiley monkey on their back). And remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step........

Flygirl
01-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Sounds like I missed out on some fine baked goods. Hope to meet you at a future event. As for help with your smiley addiction, I think there is a local S.A. (for people with a smiley monkey on their back). And remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step........

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the baked goods...there will be more...breaking in a new renovated kitchen :cool: I was really excited to boil water...hadn't in 6 mos.:multi:

And thanks for the additional information...I should have know there would be a 12-step program.:doh: Hello, my name is Flygirl and I have a smiley thingy.":-D

Ken P
01-10-2006, 08:14 PM
and I have a smiley thingy.":-D

there are just so many replies best left unsaid at this point....:roll:

Flygirl
01-10-2006, 08:51 PM
I guess I walked right into that one....but I can take the hit. After all, I'm still giggling.....jeez...all right, no Kahlua in the coffee next time or I'm going to need a designated editor.

Ken P
01-10-2006, 09:00 PM
I guess I walked right into that one....but I can take the hit. After all, I'm still giggling.....jeez...all right, no Kahlua in the coffee next time or I'm going to need a designated editor.

8)

dang that sounds good...I have to go get a stick (thumb, jump, whatever ya prefer) drive for work...I may need to cruise down the liquor aisle too...ya gotta love meijer