PDA

View Full Version : MIchigan buck stolen!!

msbcomputer
12-20-2005, 03:36 PM
I saw this on another board and I'm passing it on....What a disgrace!

http://www.bloodbro.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=849

Knimrod
12-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Pathetic...

Divegeek
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
That is just wrong on so many levels. Apparently if they catch the guy he will be tried for a felony. So this is some serious stuff.

sprink
12-20-2005, 08:39 PM
I guess some folks learn different lessons than others.

My first year hunting up in the thumb with a friend of mine, we hunted a couple of different pieces of property. In the afternoon, opening day, we dropped a pie off at a farm house. I got the story of how they received permission to hunt that man's farm.

The previous year they asked for permission to hunt and it was granted. They headed out into the woods to have a look around, and found a nice buck shot already. They returned to the house and asked to use the phone to call the DNR. The farmer smiled and welcomed them to hunt anytime. He had found the buck earlier and was waiting to see who would come looking for the buck. The season didn't open for a couple of days.

Another time my brother in law saw a deer coming in behind his stand. While he was trying to get a shot at it, it keeled over! Checking it out, it had an arrow wound. We drove around the section and spotted a car parked in a lane. After a little while, a couple of guys came out to the car. We asked how they were doing and they said one of them had hit a deer in the morning and they had been looking for it, but they had no luck. We led them to the deer, helped 'em dress it and take it out. It had traveled about half a mile.

I would do no less and expect most of us would do the same. Shame to hear about that POS.

fbuckner
12-21-2005, 04:08 AM
What a load of BS I hope they find the people who did this.
Last year My Brother and I were tracking a doe he had shot. It didnt go maybe 200 yards but it crossed over into state land. We got across the river and some Hippie reject was gutting it (he didnt bother to tag it) and said he just shot it. Yet there were no gunshots from the area and the blood trail led right ot her.
I thought my brother was going to drown the dippy hippie. No hunting ethics anymore i swear.