PDA

View Full Version : Home Owner Shoots Would Be Robbers

Knimrod
01-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Home Owner Shoots Would Be Robbers
January 16, 2006
Channel 11 News (North Carolina)

ORANGE COUNTY - Two Orange County women are recovering from bullet wounds after surviving a violent home invasion.

It began early Monday morning on Lipscomb Grove Church Road when two suspects kicked in the front door of a home, and shot the two women watching TV inside.

Marjorie Whitted, 50, and her 27-year-old daughter, Vicky both suffered bullet wounds to their legs.

Carlton Whitted, 62, was in the bedroom when the men broke in. "They be saying I been shot I been shot."

The suspects tried to push their way into Carlton's bedroom but Carlton had other plans. "I seen my rifle sitting in the corner I reached and grabbed it and I turned the door loose." Whitted says he shot both men in the back as they tried to escape. "I was going to shoot them in the head that's when the bullets gave out to clicking. I went in there and reloaded and I don't know which way they went."

The shooters got away. Investigators used K9 units to track them.

The suspects turned up at Duke University Medical Center for their bullet wounds.

Whitted is just grateful his wife and daughter weren't seriously hurt. "I don't know what they were wanting."

Link to story (http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=3816529)

Jerry
01-17-2006, 05:19 AM
This will be interesting.....will he be charged with shooting someone(even a bad guy) in the back while in the home?

And how will the press play this? Will the home owner be portrayed as a Good guy or bad guy?

JR

goldwing2000
01-17-2006, 10:25 AM
"They be saying I been shot I been shot."

"I was going to shoot them in the head that's when the bullets gave out to clicking...

Oh, good grief... :roll:

woody1960
01-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Dang,if he would have uesd a 12 gauge, they would'nt have gotton out of the house.8)

M1911A1
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
"They be saying I been shot I been shot."

"I was going to shoot them in the head that's when the bullets gave out to clicking... [quote]

[QUOTE=goldwing2000]Oh, good grief... :roll:

You aren't kidding! Ever hear Jim's legal?
"Officer, I am willing to cooperate..."

Knimrod
01-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Charges filed in home invasion in Hillsborough
1/18/2006
By: Associated Press & News 14 Carolina Staff

(HILLSBOROUGH) -- A Raleigh man shot during a Hillsborough home invasion is now behind bars.

Orange County deputies arrested Franklin Wade Davis and took him from the hospital to jail on Tuesday. He is being held on a $1 million bond.

They say 62-year-old homeowner Carlton Whitted, Sr. shot Davis and another man with his 22-caliber rifle.

Deputies say Davis shot Whitted's wife and daughter in the legs and that's when Whitted opened fire.

Davis is being held on two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and inflicting serious injury.

Davis's alleged partner in the crime remains hospitalized at Duke University Hospital. He faces the same charges once he is released.

Police also took out warrants against a third man, who they said was at the home and took the two wounded men to the hospital. Investigators identified that man as Delmar Delonte Mitchell, 19, of Hillsborough.

Orange County Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass says no charges will be filed against Whitted.

Link to story (http://rdu.news14.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=79317)