PDA

View Full Version : AR Armorers Course??

deadlyforce66
05-29-2011, 08:05 AM
I have done a search for upcoming AR Armorers Courses in Michigan and have come up with very little. Only one in fact, and I can not get that day off work.

I'm an LEO in Grand Rapids but the course is for my personal benefit, not the department.

Does anyone know of any classes coming up??

Thanks so much,

Paul

wJAKE19
05-29-2011, 08:27 AM
when it comes to the AR-15 there is one armorers course that stands out above all others: http://www.thedefensiveedge.com/
Sully does one or two courses a year in michigan, but right now looks like OH is as close as your gonna get.

RSF
05-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Michigan's own Ned christinsan as well does a great one as well

Barbara
05-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Talked to Sully yesterday about setting one up early this fall. Will post it if we get it worked out.

BmanC21
05-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I'd be interested in one in the fall. Please keeps us posted.

Barbara
05-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Probably September..still working out schedules and locations. Looking at a combined AR15/M16 and shotgun class.

deadlyforce66
06-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Excellent!! I'll stay tuned to see what develops.

Thank you

Tedfs
06-06-2011, 03:12 AM
I'd be interested in an AR armorers class by Sully as well.

Any thoughts on a location yet ?

Barbara
06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Probably Flint. Still waiting for Sully to confirm dates. We're looking at a 2 day AR class plus a on day shotgun class. You would have the option to do either or both.

Barbara
06-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Not sure what happened to the post about Ned's class, but is it going to be open to civilians? If so, I'm not going to schedule a different class at the same time?

Barbara
06-19-2011, 08:04 AM
I talked to Ned earlier this week and he said the September class posted about here and deleted was on but that it might be restricted. Ned is a friend and I don't want interfere with his class but if I don't see any public postings, I'm going to go ahead and set one up. Any preferences between getting Ned or Sully to do it?

RSF
06-19-2011, 08:07 AM
either or is good how about Dean caputo if they arent up for one

appliancebrad
06-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Barb, I missed the last one and would like to get one under my belt. August and September would not be good times for me as I already have multi-day training/match commitments in those months.

Barbara
06-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, that's a good idea, Steve. I haven't committed to anyone, so I'll see about that..been years since he's done a class here. I recall he doesn't like the cold much?

gixxergreg
06-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd be interested also, either LEO or civilian class is fine with me...

What are the prices?

Barbara
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Not sure. Just got a message to Caputo to see what his schedule looks like. Too many options is a good problem to have.

Anyone interested in one of Neds 1911 classes, also?

Joeywhat
06-19-2011, 06:39 PM
What's the price on Ned's 1911 class? I know a lot of them include a 1911 as part of it, as you build it during the class...which drives up cost a lot.

Same with the AR course. Interested in both depending on price...more so for the AR course.

Barbara
06-19-2011, 09:05 PM
It's been strawberry jam making day, so I don't have all the details and Ned is out of town until next week now. Dean Caputo is not available in October. Only September or November. Think I'll shoot for the 1st week of November, unless I hear some good objections.

More details as they come.

appliancebrad
06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Early November would fit nicely for me.

Barbara
06-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Looks like we have Dean Caputo for November 5th and 6th. More details tomorrow.
Mark your calendars. :)

dhrith
06-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Perfect timing, thanks

Grizzly_bear_69
06-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Are you going to keep this thread updated or start a new one? I am interested and want to subscribe to the right thread...

Barbara
06-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Well, the class is scheduled for 11/5 and 11/6, 2011, at Cabelas in Dundee, MI but apparently forum rules prevent me from starting a thread on it, so I guess this is it. I will provide info on the class in other forums or you can email me through this forum.

Registration will be available in a month or so. Details available are that the cost is $250.00 plus a $25.00 facility fee ($275.00) total. But that fee includes 2 $10.00 certificates towards lunch in Cabelas deli (one cert each day.)

More detailed course information will be available soon.

Ranger
07-02-2011, 01:55 AM
Ranger Firearm Instruction has Ned Chritiansen coming in september for a 1 day AR15 amorers course

appliancebrad
07-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Ranger Firearm Instruction has Ned Chritiansen coming in september for a 1 day AR15 amorers course

Way to go Ranger, posting details about another course in Barb's thread. That will not get you points around here.

RSF
07-03-2011, 09:17 PM

as much as we are friends with Ned, Barb and myself and others go get your own thread going on this and try not to crash someone Else's thread...............

dhrith
07-04-2011, 03:22 AM
Awesome, in like flint.

Barbara
07-04-2011, 08:33 AM
That's a different thread. :) Ranger posted the class before but then deleted it and when I asked Ned, he wasn't certain it was open enrollment and Ranger didn't respond when I asked.

If anyone wants to take this, Ned is great and I'd recommend it. The focus of the classes are quite a bit different..taking both wouldn't be a waste of time.

adrenjunky
07-10-2011, 10:31 PM
I would really like to be able to swing down for the class in dundee if there are still spots. And I would be in for a 1911 class as well. Thanks

Barbara
07-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Only commitments for half the spots so far..I'll be doing some more advertising on other sites soon but there's room now.

Garymac
08-09-2011, 09:10 AM
To the OP, A friend on the west side of the state recently took a carbine shooting class from these guys. After the shoot they offered a tech class (basically an armorers class) on the AR. He said it was very good and you don't have to take the shooting class to take the tech class.

http://www.conditionzerotraining.com/guntech.html

RSF
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
To the OP, A friend on the west side of the state recently took a carbine shooting class from these guys. After the shoot they offered a tech class (basically an armorers class) on the AR. He said it was very good and you don't have to take the shooting class to take the tech class.

http://www.conditionzerotraining.com/guntech.html

start your own thread
I suggest doing a bit of research on dean caputo also what other armors course has your friend have....

Garymac
08-10-2011, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=RSF]start your own thread
I suggest doing a bit of research on dean caputo also what other armors course has your friend have....[/QUOTE

Why the rude comment? What's your beef?

Just passing along info. I have nothing to do with these guys.

RSF
08-10-2011, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=RSF]start your own thread
I suggest doing a bit of research on dean caputo also what other armors course has your friend have....[/QUOTE

Why the rude comment? What's your beef?

Just passing along info. I have nothing to do with these guys.

Your right im sorry

Glossberg
08-11-2011, 09:54 PM
I have done a search for upcoming AR Armorers Courses in Michigan and have come up with very little. Only one in fact, and I can not get that day off work.

I'm an LEO in Grand Rapids but the course is for my personal benefit, not the department.

Does anyone know of any classes coming up??

Thanks so much,

Paul

What I don't understand is it looks like this is Deadlyforce's thread in which he is inquiring about ANY classes coming up. Maybe I am totally misunderstanding etiquette here but why wouldn't anybody be able to mention a class whether it is one they heard about or their very own? The OP asked specifically "Does anyone know of any classes coming up???"

shurhouse
08-12-2011, 04:20 AM
What I don't understand is it looks like this is Deadlyforce's thread in which he is inquiring about ANY classes coming up. Maybe I am totally misunderstanding etiquette here but why wouldn't anybody be able to mention a class whether it is one they heard about or their very own? The OP asked specifically "Does anyone know of any classes coming up???"

Special Rules for Posting to the Commercial Training Forums:

1) The thread creator MUST be a MGO Member for posting:
a) Any items for sale in the Commercial Dealers Forum or
b) Any classes in the Commercial Training Forum
2) Any class that is being promoted MUST be instructed by the thread creator.

3) Finally, responses to member requests for information, classes, or instruction may only be made by MGO Members that provide the type of service requested. Other third party referrals/references are NOT permissible by any members (MGO Members or Forum Members).

NOTE: This does NOT preclude any member (MGO Member or Forum Member) from starting threads or otherwise requesting information/leads for specific types of training or classes.