PDA

View Full Version : Last 2 posts= tools...

mjerickson
06-10-2011, 10:17 PM
the last two post have really made me want to try and bring this subject back around to what it should be.

Ive mentioned this in the past, but I will revisit the topic. Four friends of mine have been cw permit holders over the last several years. That being said we all keep a log of issues, or situations in which we have felt unsafe or felt there may be legal issues. We post here or on other forums discreetly now and then if uncertainties come about.

this scenario did not involve a fellow CW friend but I would like to get others opinions. This incident was in a downtown area on a public street. My wife and I had exited a sporting venue and chose not to spend some time with our friends at a local watering hole. We exited the event and walked to the truck without incident. Another couple left a bit later and had an altercation with an obviously impared individual that(acording our friend) requried physical concact to end it. A shove to the ground and "back off" ended it, followed by a hurried walk to their car. This friend is not a weapon owner and had a few drinks. I did not carry to the event, as I felt comfortable enough with the several hundred others that left at the same time.

Post discussion I thought this. Best option would be for me to have carried, left it in my truck for the event, went back and re-holstered and returned to the "watering hole" (bar vs. resturant PFZ not an issue) left with the friends and walked them to their car and then on to ours. During the incident I would have been the one to separate the two parties with a quick retreat to our vehicles. I know that this particular situation does done invlove drawing a weapon but I really hope I NEVER have to.

I hope that I have provied enough information but I would like others imput. All said and done, I really do sugest that a log and time to discuss options with fellow CWs might give all of us more insight.

AleksanderSuave
06-13-2011, 01:51 PM
what exactly is wrong with getting physical instead of pulling your weapon?

if it was handled that simply, why do you feel the need to draw it? would you have shot this guy who was "obviously impaired" if he had acted more froggish?