PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Ed Online In Michigan

Tallbear
02-07-2006, 06:07 AM
HUNTER ED ONLINE IN MICHIGAN . . . First-time hunters can now use the Internet to complete a part of their hunter education course, reports the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. The online course can be found at the DNR's new Hunter Education Web Page at www.michigan.gov/dnr . "The online course is not intended to replace traditional hunter education classes, but it can be effective in reaching more youngsters," said Lt. Sherry Chandler, supervisor of the DNR's hunter education section. "I am confident this teaching method will produce students who will be every bit as safe, responsible and knowledgeable as the students who attend traditional classes."

mkls0
02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
After taking the online course, you are required to attend only a home study or the field portion of a class and take the student examination in order to receive your hunter safety certificate. You will need to pre-register for a home study class or the field portion of a class before taking this online course. Upon passing the online Pre-Certification Exam, you will be eligible to complete the skills/field portion of instruction and take a written examination without attending a classroom course. The on-line class can be found at www.hunter-ed.com/mi.

Online Hunter Education Home Study Steps
1.Study the Today's Hunter material in each chapter and then complete the chapter review questions. Re- study any material you may have answered incorrectly.

2.When you have studied all nine chapters, take the Practice Test as many times as you like—free of charge—to ensure you've mastered the course material. A different set of questions is presented each time you take the Practice Test.

3.Take the Pre-Certification Exam. There is a $15 fee for the Pre-Certification Exam, which is collected whether you pass or fail. A score of 80% is required for passing the exam.

4.Upon passing the Pre-Certification Exam, you can print out your official Michigan Pre-Certification Exam Certificate, which is accepted by the state as proof of home study.

5.To complete your hunter safety education, contact an instructor listed for a basic hunter education course or a home study hunter education course. You will be required to complete the skills/field portion of the class and take a written examination

If you like to do this PM or email me I will do the skills/field portion and give you the test. When you pass the test I will give you your certificate

susankame@hotmail.com

Michael
Hunter Education Instructor..