PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Youth Hunt 2006

jci63
02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
MICHIGAN YOUTH HUNT

We are looking to take two Youth Hunters on the Michigan Youth Hunt this year 2006. You are responsible for getting here, license, food and lodging. Must have not shot a deer yet!

If you don’t have a rifle, I have a youth model 243 savage, bolt action with a 3x9 scope. I will provide the ammo to go with the gun! We also have another gun and ammo available if the other hunter does not have a gun.

This is a rifle hunt only, the hunt is always on the weekend, and is for 2 days only. You must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. You must be between the ages of 14-16 at the time of the hunt. Normally, the last weekend in September.

There is no cost (zero) for the actual hunt, usage of the rifle or ammo. The only cost you will have will be transportation, food, lodging, and your tag.

We will be hunting in many different areas, some private land and some state land. Last years hunter harvested a very nice 8 point.

Here is a copy of last years regulations.
2005 Youth Firearm Deer Season
There is a youth firearm deer season on September 24-25, 2005 on all lands in Michigan. Youths 12-16 years of age may take one deer during this special two-day season or one antlerless deer if the youth obtained an antlerless license or possesses a DMU permit. Youths 12 and 13 years of age cannot hunt deer with a firearm and are restricted to archery-only hunting with a combination or antlerless license.
A deer license authorizing the youth to take a deer with a firearm (regular, combination,) including antlerless license, or DMA permits, may be used if issued for the area/land upon which hunting. The youth must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older. An adult accompanying a youth firearm deer hunter cannot possess or carry a firearm or bow and arrow and does not need a deer hunting license. Hunters may not use bait during this season. All youth hunters are required to wear Hunter Orange. Archery licenses are not valid during this season.

Here is a current list of sponsors that are making this hunt happen.

John’s Mobile Marine Service 231-330-0887
Daylight in the Swamp Taxidermy 231-347-9789
Michigan Gun Owners

Donated Prizes to date – 2 Youth Hunts / one each
2 Shoulder Mounts / one each
2 Michigan Gun Owners Hats

If you would like to donate an item to the winners of the event. Please e-mail me at michiganyouthhunt@yahoo.com

jci63
05-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Got the hats, I will have Fred Trost sign them for the lucky hunters.

Thanks again.

John

wolfeman5
05-05-2006, 10:45 AM
If they change the age limit (like they are supposed to) I would ove to have my 13 year old son considered for this hunt. He has been deer hunting with me for 6 years now and he loves it. He is very good with his weapons and very good in the woods (proper upbringing). Please let me know if this is something you may consider.
Thank You
Dean Wolfe

jci63
05-07-2006, 07:03 AM
If they change the age limit (like they are supposed to) I would ove to have my 13 year old son considered for this hunt. He has been deer hunting with me for 6 years now and he loves it. He is very good with his weapons and very good in the woods (proper upbringing). Please let me know if this is something you may consider.
Thank You
Dean Wolfe

If the law changes updating the age limit to 12. I will retype the contest rules to configure to our state laws. You will need to submit your entry to michiganyouthhunt.com