PDA

View Full Version : dog training in S.E. Mi?

indianajones
02-23-2006, 07:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone could refer me to a trainer for Labs? I want to get into duck/pheasnt hunting. But, I dont know where to go.

I found a couple on the west side of the state, but nothing on the east. Oakland county would be nice, but I'll go as far as Saginaw or as far south as Monroe.

Any help?

taurus92
02-24-2006, 07:49 AM
No one better the Hunters Creek

http://www.hunterscreekclub.com/dogs.html

alex-vitek
02-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Suggestions like the one from "taurus92" are a good start. It might be to late by the time you see this but a visit to OutDoorama can help you find some more trainers and clubs and organizations.

I would also suggest that you try to contact people who are in hunting and dog clubs. They could have several more recommendations.

taurus92
02-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Also try www.navhda.org they will know of good trainerss in the area.

The North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association is a nonprofit corporation whose purpose is to foster, promote, and improve the versatile hunting dog breeds in North America; to conserve game by using well trained reliable hunting dogs before and after the shot; and to aid in the prevention of cruelty to animals by discouraging nonselective and uncontrolled breeding, which produces unwanted and uncared for dogs.