PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Pistol Armorers Course with Ned Christiansen in Novi

Dennis_C
02-23-2006, 08:59 PM
UPDATE 3/6/06: CLASS IS FULL

For those of you that don't know Ned, he is one of the most respected gunsmiths in the country. He is going to be teaching a 1911 Armorers Course at the Gander Mountain in Novi on Saturday, March 25. Cost of the class is $60.

Ned will cover a variety of topics including "tricks" you can do to maximize 1911 reliability. For more information or to register for the class, please visit www.triad-tactical.com/1911ArmorersCourse.htm (http://www.triad-tactical.com/1911ArmorersCourse.htm)

Thanks,

Dennis

M1911A1
03-25-2006, 08:41 PM
This was an EXCELLENT class! I'd like to thank Dennis for hosting this and Ned for his patience and knowledge. The course work, the presentation and the company was excellent.
What a great day!

BA
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
All I can say is WOW. Great Class. Loads of practical information.
It was well worth it.
Good to see you M1911A1.

ba

Dennis_C
03-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words. It was great seeing you guys at the class this weekend.

We'll definitely be doing this class again. Plans are underway to add an AR15 Armorers course to the schedule next year, along with bringing Ned back for the 1911 class.

Dennis

Tank
03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
:bite: CRAP!!!

Will there be another one of these anytime soon???? FUDGE I wish I had seen this!

Dennis_C
03-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Tank-

Like I said, we'll be hosting the class again next winter, along with an AR15 Armorers Course. Next year's class will be even better (meaning we'll have lunch catered in)!

If you email me directly I can be sure to send you first notice when we schedule the class.

Dennis

M1911A1
03-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey Tank, if you want to hit the next 1911 class, I'll go with you. I've still got a half dozen 1911s that could use a good take down and I need practice with the Schwartz System since all I brouht with me this time were series 70 and series 80 guns.

Dennis, don't sweat lunch. It was a nice place and the poor woman tried her best. It was a good burger! Heck, next time we can just hit the Gourmet Buffet!
Ar 15 too? I'd like to be in on that one as well.

BA
03-28-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm in for AR15 Armorers Class. And another 1911 class also. Great job, Dennis.

BA

Tank
03-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey Tank, if you want to hit the next 1911 class, I'll go with you. I've still got a half dozen 1911s that could use a good take down and I need practice with the Schwartz System since all I brouht with me this time were series 70 and series 80 guns.

Dennis, don't sweat lunch. It was a nice place and the poor woman tried her best. It was a good burger! Heck, next time we can just hit the Gourmet Buffet!
Ar 15 too? I'd like to be in on that one as well.

I am all in for the next one. Will be shooting Dennis an email... Is my Chineese copy welcome?? I'll defend it with the facts that it cost me $200 when I bought it new, and straight out of the box it's one of the most accurate guns I've ever owned. Now as for a few mods I've tried to do... well that's where the course would probably help me to get it straightened out!

M1911A1
03-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Chinese? Is it a Norc? (Norinco)
Those really aren't bad and can be done up. The course would help you sort out the issues. There were a few different examples of 1911s at this last class.

Tank
03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Yup, Norinco.... I've had 0 problems with it (except for one's I've created). I've got an extended beaver tail grip safety in it that I'm not enthused with (need one that fits better), and I put in a new main spring and did something wrong (Safety won't function correctly). Also put mag well and backstrap in, and... ummm new bushing I think and some spring buffer pads.

Don't know if I "want" to wait until January to get anything done to this, but I know I don't want to pay someone to do it either.

M1911A1
03-30-2006, 05:02 PM
First thing, get rid of the shock buff. They work fine in some guns but are malfunction kits in others. Try losing it and see if it helps. Did you need a new bushing? That could be a sticking point too. Next time I see you, bring the Norc and I'll try to pass on a little of the wisdom Ned imparted. Maybe it will hold you until the class.

Tank
03-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Will do.

I'd like to customize it even more than the small things I've done so far. It's VERY accurate and VERY fun to shoot. I'd like to make either a Steel Plate or Bowling Pin gun out of it. I've thought about replacing the barrel, but it's so darned accurate I'm afraid to do so! 8)

My "wish" list would consist of...

new correct fitting beavertail safety
refinishing the slide/body
need new grip panels
ambi-safety and mag release
new bbl (maybe)
get the spring situation fixed
new hammer (as I "customized" mine to make it work with the beavertail I have on there now
basically just upgrade any parts that need it.I had fun doing what I've done already, and I'm not against starting all over again with new parts to replace what I've done to this point. I'll do more with this and my reloading once I get the barn updated at my new house (expanding it out both sides). That's going to become "man land" :)