PDA

View Full Version : FNRA Awards MGO Grant for New Shooter Ed

wwjmaj
06-29-2011, 04:14 PM
FNRA Awards MGO Grant for New Shooter Education
June 29, 2011

Please Note the following has been received from the National Rifle Association Foundation:

"Subject: 2011 NRA Foundation Grant Notification
To:

Grant Notice
Dear Jackson,

Congratulations! On behalf of The NRA Foundation, Inc. it is my pleasure to inform you that the Board of Trustees has approved the grant recommendations made by your State Fund Committee in the amount of $4,573.65 for the Michigan Gun Owners. These funds are approved for the 4-New Shooter Safety Education Fun Shoots to be Held in four areas of Lower Michigan."

If you are willing to assist in planning, coordinating, instructing or volunteering one of these events please contact me by pm. If you are aware of a club with a range and clubhouse available for one full day hosting new shooters please pm me. We have the funds now we need to get four new shooter events successfully completed before next May 1.

Thank You to all the MGO volunteers who work so hard on all we do get accomplished.

Mark A. Jackson
Secretary/BOD Member

Will-IB-Ready
06-29-2011, 07:26 PM
That's fantastic news!
I'd love to be involved if I can. :thumbup:

johnzilla
06-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Mark, that's great news. Good work! :thumbup:

forrest0872
06-29-2011, 10:08 PM
If I am available, I can help instruct.

Certified NRA Instructor forrest0872

NickS
06-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Way to go Mark! :banana: :thumbup: It's good to see that all your efforts on this project finally paid off. Nice job!!!!

johnzilla
06-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to add that grants like this are a direct result of hosting and participating in FNRA fundraising such as the banquet that MGO recently held in conjunction with the fine folks at Livingston Conservation and Sports Association (LCSA).

This is one of the many ways Michigan Gun Owners supports firearms rights and education in Michigan. Members raise money for firearms education and safety and that money is directly spent right here in the state on those programs.

The more we participate in these types of events and the more we work with other like-minded pro-2A clubs and groups, the more education and safety programs we can conduct and support.

mopedman
07-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Awsome news. I can help as a RO and I can bring firearms in for people to shoot.

EcksFactor
01-09-2012, 11:57 AM
have you guys decided on where these 4 events will take place?

mikeb32
01-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I would be glad to help out if you still need people. Have you decided when and where these will be held?