PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Holsters Rant (a good rant)

garrykolb
07-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Want to really know what it is like dealing with Griffin Holsters? Read on...

This Wednesday night at 10:43pm, I PM'd Griffin Holsters asking about a G30 holster. I waited and waited and waited for a reply and never got one until 10:52pm - nine whole minutes! Were you on vacation, Brad? Nine minutes? He said that if I was right-handed, he had one on the shelf. If I was a lefty, it would take a couple more days. I am a righty, so...

Even with this confusing level of customer service, I decided to order anyway and at 7:03am on Thursday, I sent payment by PayPal. I again waited and waited for a reply. At 12:06pm - more than five hours later (another vacation…), I got a reply saying it was going out in the mail that day and I should have it Saturday. What happened to waiting several days for a reply from a vendor?

Again, Griffin failed, as when I got home Friday, my holster was in the mail. No on-time deliver here - it was a day early. Fail!

The final failure was when I went to the range Friday afternoon and put on the holster with my bulky G30. Wearing it IWB with my shirt tucked in, could you see the print of the G30, even with my protruding middle? Nope! Fail! Did it cut, bind or pinch? Nope – Fail! Was it uncomfortable like a holster generally is? Nope – Fail!

This is aimed directly at Brad of Griffin Holsters - if you continue to fail in these ways, not living up to the customer service we get from other vendors by answering quickly, politely, professionally and providing a high-quality product and reasonable prices with faster than promised delivery, you are going to continue to fail your way into more customers that you will know what to do with.

Thanks for a great product. I hope you enjoyed the rant.

aresbykes
07-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I hope this deters all you would be purchasers ;)

garrykolb
07-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I hope this deters all you would be purchasers ;)

Seriously! If we keep them away, he can continue being quick for the rest of us!

Couldn't be more impressed.

jeepinrrt
07-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Seriously! If we keep them away, he can continue being quick for the rest of us!

Couldn't be more impressed.

Thanks so much for the kind words Garry. I wanted to reply sooner but I actually really am on vacation for the weekend and the wife wouldn't let me text and drive (yes she is good for me). If you ever need anything don't hesitate to contact me.

-Brad

Dabears!
07-05-2011, 11:10 PM
product review of the year....
great read and I'm glad to have been able tonsee Griffin holsters grow. if I ever want a iwb ill come to jeepin first.
same reason I went crown instead of raven. I LOVE bbeing able to keep cash in the state!!
great work.jeepin!
if you have cards pm me for the shops address I wanna get a stack of them in here. I'm getting some.from crown, and I plan on talking to rayban. If I can't sell them a holster they want I'm sending them to our.mi holster guys!

Mi500
07-06-2011, 12:16 AM
+1 great product. Treated me real good, even sent it one day shipping after a mix up with the address. When i need another i will be calling you brad.

slo2type2u
07-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Met Brad earlier tonight and picked up one for my G27..

Brad is a great guy with a top notch product...

Folks this is a 5 star holster all the way around. I couldn't imagine a tuckable IWB being any more comfortable...

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/slo2type2u/IMAG0050.jpg

thocomehome
07-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I got mine last Thursday for my glock 27, looks like I'll be retiring my comp-tac holster now. Great holster, great value

buckndoemi
07-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Ordered one a few months ago and still love it...sometimes forget it is there. Do not have to wear over sized shirts to conceal your weapon. You will not be disappointed and the price is right along with great quality and customer service.

buckndoemi
07-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I do not have to wear an undershirt either, hate wearing wife beaters or tee shirts in the summer. Leather against skin is comfortable, handle doesn't really rub against my skin.

tech2b9
07-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Great and very comfortable holsters and great guy to deal with. Great prices. Thanks brad.

agksimon
07-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Brad made me a left-hand holster and left-hand double magazine pouch for my M&P compact. Had it in just a couple of days and IMO, it's at least as well made as a Raven, at a little over half the cost. I like the fact that I could tip the cant back to the way I wanted it, for an easier draw.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g189/agksimon/GriffinbyBradR.jpg

TomE
07-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Brad made me a left-hand holster and left-hand double magazine pouch for my M&P compact. Had it in just a couple of days and IMO, it's at least as good, or better than a Raven setup and at half the cost. I like the fact that I could change the cant to the way I wanted it.

Ouch ! That stung . Nice looking holsters though

Tom Fineis
07-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Brad made me a left-hand holster and left-hand double magazine pouch for my M&P compact. Had it in just a couple of days and IMO, it's at least as well made as a Raven, at a little over half the cost. I like the fact that I could tip the cant back to the way I wanted it, for an easier draw.

I typically steer clear of these as it never ends well (and I doubt this one will either), but I'm curious as to your reference in "quality" holsters. Do you own one of ours?

From your picture I can see where the Kydex was overheated, has uneven edges, uses hardware-store screws (that don't appear to match from one piece to another), and the mag carrier is not adjustable for tension. None of those are attributes of "RCS quality."

If you like the holster, that's fine. But at least use facts for your post.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

jeepinrrt
07-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I typically steer clear of these as it never ends well (and I doubt this one will either), but I'm curious as to your reference in "quality" holsters. Do you own one of ours?

From your picture I can see where the Kydex was overheated, has uneven edges, uses hardware-store screws (that don't appear to match from one piece to another), and the mag carrier is not adjustable for tension. None of those are attributes of "RCS quality."

I would agree with you, I don't claim to make a product as good or better than Ravens. I do appreciate the kind words Al, and I am glad you are happy with your holsters.

agksimon
07-26-2011, 03:48 PM

The screws all match on both items, it's the photo lighting quality. As for the overheating, I did that with a heat gun, to tighten the retention. Next time, I'll know better than to overheat it.
As I said it my post: IMO, that doesn't mean it's a fact, just my opinion. I've seen and tried Raven's and even though they are a quality product, so was the Griffin. If the Raven should be any better; to me it's not enough to justify the cost difference.

Tom Fineis
07-26-2011, 04:10 PM
The screws all match on both items, it's the photo lighting quality. As for the overheating, I did that with a heat gun, to tighten the retention. Next time, I'll know better than to overheat it.
As I said it my post: IMO, that doesn't mean it's a fact, just my opinion. I've seen and tried Raven's and even though they are a quality product, so was the Griffin. If the Raven should be any better; to me it's not enough to justify the cost difference.

So the retention was too light and it's still "just as good" as ours?

I'm really not trying to crap on this thread, but I have a duty to defend our product when somebody specifically mentions it, especially when the information is questionable.

This will be my last post in this thread. Carry on.

TomE
07-26-2011, 05:10 PM
:hide:

jeepinrrt
07-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Just for clarification, the retention was spot on when it left my shop. The customer used a silicone spray on the inside of the holster and after that desired more retention. Prior to the application of the spray retention was spot on.

agksimon
07-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Just for clarification, the retention was spot on when it left my shop. The customer used a silicone spray on the inside of the holster and after that desired more retention. Prior to the application of the spray retention was spot on.

That is true. The silicone made for such a smooth draw, I had to tighten it up.
I'm not knocking Raven, just my preference for Griffin. Raven is the gold standard by which others are judged.

Dabears!
07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
id just brush it off man, that was a cheap shot on toms half.

Dabears!
07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
That is true. The silicone made for such a smooth draw, I had to tighten it up.
I'm not knocking Raven, just my preference for Griffin. Raven is the gold standard by which others are judged.
based on their sales directors and marketing whatever the correct title is attitude towards the competition is ill go crown first.

one thing i have learned in business is do not trash talk other companies, wait for them to hurt themselves.
like coming into a thread and calling their competitions quality into play without knowing all of the facts.

(if i have ever said anything bad about a business or shop it has been on my own accord not related to my work.)

on that note, if i ever do go IWB Jeepin is the first person i will contact.
I have given out quite a few of his cards and hope to see some of his sweet IWB rigs being worn soon!

agksimon
07-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I also have a Crown IWB holster and it's also top-notch quality.

Greenmann
07-26-2011, 08:59 PM
I also have a Crown, wear it daily feel naked without it.
But would have no problem tryin a Griffin for my next buy I enjoy helpin the small business around MI.

Pyromike
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
I have to agree with the original post regarding Brad. I contacted him Tuesday evening and he immediately responded about a meeting day (2 days later). I met with him today and if it wasn't for my long winded banter, I would have been on the road within 1/2 hour. It was more entertaining watching him construct my holster and the work he puts into it. From my initial stop I was on the road within an hour with a great looking IWB holster.

I've only carried with his holster for about 4 hours but by tomorrow I'm sure I will be posting a positive in the feedback section. Nothing but professionalism and a high quality product. Don't hesitate to order a Griffin Holster. Top of the line quality and would compete with any other Holster.

TomE
07-28-2011, 06:04 PM
I have to agree with the original post regarding Brad. I contacted him Tuesday evening and he immediately responded about a meeting day (2 days later). I met with him today and if it wasn't for my long winded banter, I would have been on the road within 1/2 hour. It was more entertaining watching him construct my holster and the work he puts into it. From my initial stop I was on the road within an hour with a great looking IWB holster.

I've only carried with his holster for about 4 hours but by tomorrow I'm sure I will be posting a positive in the feedback section. Nothing but professionalism and a high quality product. Don't hesitate to order a Griffin Holster. Top of the line quality and would compete with any other Holster.
He has been prompt and patient with me also . I have to get out from under my chair and access the wallet

agksimon
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I spent some time at Crown Holsters today and he had a Raven Kydex holster there to look at. I must admit their quality was the best I've seen. I was especially impressed with the way they finished the edges of the holster. You couldn't even see where the two halves came together. Unfortunally, they are so popular, the wait time is several months after you order it and I'm not patient enough for that.

TomE
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Polishing compound ,heat or a solvent will do that ,along with an accurate cut

Dabears!
08-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I spent some time at Crown Holsters today and he had a Raven Kydex holster there to look at. I must admit their quality was the best I've seen. I was especially impressed with the way they finished the edges of the holster. You couldn't even see where the two halves came together. Unfortunally, they are so popular, the wait time is several months after you order it and I'm not patient enough for that.
my crown you cant see a seam unless you look for color change.

garrykolb
08-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Wow, has this thread taken a turn from where I started it - as a compliment for a job well-done by Brad at Griffin Holsters. Sorry to see that happen. Kind of dilutes the intent.