1096 N. Center Road
Burton
MI

hopeitsfast
07-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Thank for setting this up Ed

pgaplayerless
07-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Sorry fellas will be in Europe at that time!

hopeitsfast
07-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I'll bet your sorry

dramey82
07-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I'll bet your sorry
He just wanted to type the word Europe :smile:

pgaplayerless
07-06-2011, 08:44 PM
He just wanted to type the word Europe :smile:

http://www.understanding-horse-nutrition.com/images/yew.jpghttp://www.dublinfurniturebanc.org/rope.jpg

:lol:

Badmunky
07-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Sounds like fun.
Not sure I can come thou.
These things always seam to be at least a 2+ hour drive from me.
And I never have the time to make the drive.

miked
07-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Woo Hooo!! That's my neck of the woods. I should be able to make this one.

flyboy13maverick
07-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Would love to make it out and meet some of you guys but I teach the Youth Group at my Church and we have our class/weekly activity Sunday 6-8. Who knows, it's still a long way off. Maybe I'll find a way to make it.

wwjmaj
07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
THANKS ED! Badmunky or anyone else from Adrian or on the way up that wants to attend pm me and maybe we can car pool.

XDM 40 cal
07-07-2011, 11:40 AM
I should be able to make this....I'll know more by the end of this month.

RPMO6
07-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Mgo has another fun shoot set up at Advance Ranges

Would you please provide an address/website to those who have no idea where this is?

dougwg
07-07-2011, 12:44 PM
http://www.advancedranges.com/

miked
07-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Would you please provide an address/website to those who have no idea where this is?

http://www.advancedranges.com

Darn it Doug!!!

RPMO6
07-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Thank you!

screagles
07-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Sounds great! I'll be there.

chadrick85
07-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I might try to make this!

SheBear
07-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Anyone planning on bringing a Ruger SR9c to this event? This is what I've decided on buying for a carry pistol, but would like to shoot it first :biggrin:

XDM 40 cal
07-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Anyone planning on bringing a Ruger SR9c to this event? This is what I've decided on buying for a carry pistol, but would like to shoot it first :biggrin:

If no one bring one by the time this event is to happen, i'll see if i can borrow my buddy's Sr9c..its his wife gun...

Knightrider03m
07-26-2011, 11:24 AM
I might stop by.

sse
07-26-2011, 02:41 PM
The range should have a link to click to google maps or mapquest.

By way of total coincidence, I was recently at a great family restaraunt kind of kitty corner from the range on Court, just a tad west of Center, and the prices were dirt cheap.

Maybe schedule around a meet there for din din...?

SheBear
07-26-2011, 03:38 PM
If no one bring one by the time this event is to happen, i'll see if i can borrow my buddy's Sr9c..its his wife gun...

Awesome & Thank you!!

silverbullet2005
08-03-2011, 08:44 AM
At first I was disappointed because I work second shift now but then I saw it was on a Sunday and am now happy once again. I enjoy shooting at Advanced ranges because its close to me and the place is clean and the range is setup nice compared to others. Hope to see you all there!

hendo
08-04-2011, 08:58 AM

If you just wanted to walk around DISARMED you could have just gone to NY,NJ, IL, etc..
and saved the long flight :togo:

P.S.
I hear the Norwegian hotels have been under booked lately. :shock:

Clipper
08-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Never been to one...Is there a charge? Maybe besides my MKII I'll bring my new BL-22 also.

hopeitsfast
08-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Never been to one...Is there a charge? Maybe besides my MKII I'll bring my new BL-22 also.No. MGO provides the range fees, you just supply your own ammo.

SeeTee
08-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Never been to one...Is there a charge? Maybe besides my MKII I'll bring my new BL-22 also.

Yes, you have to buy everybody there a mag worth of what ever ammo they are shooting!

Just kidding!!! no charge, just come on out and have a good time.

SeeTee
08-05-2011, 11:21 AM
No. MGO provides the range fees, you just supply your own ammo.

Now you have done it, how are we going to get any free ammo if you tell him that :brow: :shrugs: I just wasn't quick enough on the post!

XDM 40 cal
08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Now you have done it, how are we going to get any free ammo if you tell him that :brow: :shrugs: I just wasn't quick enough on the post!

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

mikeb32
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
I am going to try and make it, but I will be on the recovering side of yet another surgery so I will have to wait and see how that is going before I decide.

06camarodude
08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
THANKS ED! Badmunky or anyone else from Adrian or on the way up that wants to attend pm me and maybe we can car pool.
I wish I could, I'm going to be at our annual family reunion that weekend.

It's alright, I'll make it to one of these things eventually. . . lol

chadrick85
08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
The only handgun I own currently is a Beretta Neos. Any chance someone will have a XDm 9, SR9/9c, or M&P 9 I could try out? One of those is going to be my next purchase.

steelhdgreg
08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
It is looking like me and the kids will be there. Looking forward to it

XDM 40 cal
08-07-2011, 09:17 PM
The only handgun I own currently is a Beretta Neos. Any chance someone will have a XDm 9, SR9/9c, or M&P 9 I could try out? One of those is going to be my next purchase.

I have XDM 40 4.5 if that would help ya.. Might have a SR9 if i can borrow it from a buddy.

aaron
08-08-2011, 03:52 PM
I think I can make that!

Does anyone have a M&P9 they're bringing? I'm thinking about purchasing one, but I want to see how it shoots before I put down any money.

I can bring a G19 G26 and a G22/17

I also have a GSG 1911 .22lr if anyone wants to check it out.

SeeTee
08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I will have my M&P 409 with me, .40 cal and w/9MM conversion barrel, sorta like a M&P 9MM but not exactly.

aaron
08-09-2011, 01:14 AM
I will have my M&P 409 with me, .40 cal and w/9MM conversion barrel, sorta like a M&P 9MM but not exactly.

Cool, just like my Glock 22. I have the 9mm Wolf barrel for it as well.

Kenbow
08-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I think I can make that!

Does anyone have a M&P9 they're bringing? I'm thinking about purchasing one, but I want to see how it shoots before I put down any money.

I can bring a G19 G26 and a G22/17

I also have a GSG 1911 .22lr if anyone wants to check it out.
Advanced rents several models and i am sure they have a M&P9, 40, they also rent Beretta PX4, Xd, Glock.

scot623
08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
If you just wanted to walk around DISARMED you could have just gone to NY,NJ, IL, etc..
and saved the long flight :togo:

P.S.
I hear the Norwegian hotels have been under booked lately. :shock:

London is on fire this time of year! :hot:

thedrizzle
08-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Im not sure what I work, but I will try to be there. What is the cost? Standard range fees?

XDM 40 cal
08-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Im not sure what I work, but I will try to be there. What is the cost? Standard range fees?

Free, MGO pay's for the Fun shoot...This will allow you to put faces with names and If you like, you can join and become a Full member.

SeeTee
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Free, MGO pay's for the Fun shoot...This will allow you to put faces with names and If you like, you can join and become a Full member.

We will never build up that free ammo pool if you keep talking like that!

XDM 40 cal
08-16-2011, 04:49 AM
:hide:
We will never build up that free ammo pool if you keep talking like that!

You get all the brass you can carry....:poke:

NickS
08-16-2011, 09:45 AM

See Post #26 above.

wwjmaj
08-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Ed,

I will be there with a guest. I can bring Article I Sec 6 Yard Signs if anyone wants one. The Board set a price of $10 or 2 for $15. That is the only MGO merchandise I have maybe NickS is attending with some?

Also shall I bring my sugar free blueberry dessert? and Ice Tea?

Knightrider03m
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
More than likely I'll show.

Ed Hoffman
08-16-2011, 08:30 PM
thanks Mark

I'll pick up a couple of 2 liters

should be a good time

XDM 40 cal
08-17-2011, 11:27 AM
thanks Mark

I'll pick up a couple of 2 liters

should be a good time

Yes, it should....:usa:

Sniper21
08-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I have never been to one yet, so I will try to make it out with the girlfriend. We can shoot the new Glock 26 gen 4s we just bought :D :smile:

chadrick85
08-19-2011, 08:54 AM
As long as my fiance doesn't have to work, we'll both be there. Otherwise, I'll show up solo.

Ed Hoffman
08-20-2011, 08:12 AM
I hope everyone can make it
its going to be a great time

:welcome:

7.62 Nato
08-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I think I'll be there. Will there be seperate rifle and pistol ranges or will we be firing everything on the rifle range ? What about pistol cal. carbines, or MI pistols ?

Thanks.

Hope to see you there.

XDM 40 cal
08-20-2011, 09:44 AM
I think I'll be there. Will there be seperate rifle and pistol ranges or will we be firing everything on the rifle range ? What about pistol cal. carbines, or MI pistols ?

Thanks.

Hope to see you there.

Yes there is a rifle range...Not sure on range caliber limits...

7.62 Nato
08-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Does this range have any ammo available ?

If anyone attending has for sale ads running, maybe they could update their listing that they'll be attending and bring their items along.

redneckwino
08-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Might want to check with the range owner before selling your stuff in his store. Person to person sales of guns and accessories inside a gun store might not be too polite or get the invite back to the range. Most ranges look forward to groups coming in for a reason..... They sell guns and accessories.

MaStA
08-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Might want to check with the range owner before selling your stuff in his store. Person to person sales of guns and accessories inside a gun store might not be too polite or get the invite back to the range. Most ranges look forward to groups coming in for a reason..... They sell guns and accessories.

I've only been at Advanced Ranges once and I don't recall seeing firearms for sale, but I could be wrong. I think if someone wants to sell something it may not be a good idea to sell it within their building, but you could meet after the event or something I would think.

thedrizzle
08-21-2011, 01:49 PM
I will be there tonight, can't wait to meet everyone

-Jeff-
or
Drizzle
or
Driz
or call me whatever lol

thedrizzle
08-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Does this range have any ammo available ?

If anyone attending has for sale ads running, maybe they could update their listing that they'll be attending and bring their items along.

I believe they do, but it is pretty expensive the one time that I had asked. They also have some handguns you can rent. Last time I was there was in Feb. I have not been back since the weather warmed up.

thedrizzle
08-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I had lots of fun shooting tonight. Had to leave at the end. . .wanted to get home before my daughter was put to bed. Nice meeting everyone.

wwjmaj
08-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Good times...the buckmark balked for the first time on cheap ammo, lost the fiber optic site, the glock had some failures to eject on soft reloads...finally went to factory ammo and everything went bang again. Nice to meet new members and see others again!

wwjmaj
08-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks ed.

gidaeon
08-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys for another great fun shoot! Seems like last March's saw more faces, but hey we all got plenty of lane time :D

XDM 40 cal
08-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Yep a good time...Nice see ED and thanks....

I to lost a sight,but found it at clean up....

Nice meet everyone again...

dpgperftest
08-21-2011, 09:20 PM
sounds like fun I was at MIS today . How was the turn out :moped:

Hockey9019
08-21-2011, 10:37 PM
I slept from 8am till 10pm. Can we raincheck it for tomorrow? :D

XDM 40 cal
08-22-2011, 04:53 AM
I slept from 8am till 10pm. Can we raincheck it for tomorrow? :D
:scratch: Probably not...Monday..but the next shoot:spank:

dpgperftest
08-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Thats what happen at the firing line fun shoot .
Don't judge people on what you read on MGO people are prety cool on mgo.:score:

miked
08-22-2011, 08:42 AM
I really intended to make this one but had to change my plans at the last minute.

Sounds like it was a good time, as usual.

mopedman
08-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Me and Beth had a blast, was able to shoot a Tompson . Talked to some new people. Shot marks glock. Loved it. Only issue I had was with there reloaded ammo they were selling locked up my glock.

miked
08-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Me and Beth had a blast, was able to shoot a Tompson . Talked to some new people. Shot marks glock. Loved it. Only issue I had was with there reloaded ammo they were selling locked up my glock.

I had a friend that was having trouble with it a few weeks ago as well. I've shot it though my glock with no issues. My friends XDM kept locking up. It never did while I was firing it so I attributed it to possible operator error at the time (she was a new shooter)

It's both good and bad to hear somone else have the same problem with the ammo. I guess I just got lucky.

Clipper
08-22-2011, 09:28 AM
I was disappointed...3 lanes down. I don't go to indoor ranges, so by the time I realised I had selected a non-working lane, the others were taken. So we had an hour and a half to shoot, and after an hour of standing around, there still hadn't been any lanes open up, and we (brought my wife, who at least enjoyed shooting some different stuff than she's used to) left.

Clipper
08-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys for another great fun shoot! Seems like last March's saw more faces, but hey we all got plenty of lane time :D

...At least some did

dpgperftest
08-22-2011, 09:34 AM
I was disappointed...3 lanes down. I don't go to indoor ranges, so by the time I realised I had selected a non-working lane, the others were taken. So we had an hour and a half to shoot, and after an hour of standing around, there still hadn't been any lanes open up, and we (brought my wife, who at least enjoyed shooting some different stuff than she's used to) left.

must have been a good turnout how can you disappointed at a free fun shoot :shocked:

Clipper
08-22-2011, 09:46 AM
must have been a good turnout how can you disappointed at a free fun shoot :shocked:

Well since the idea of a fun shoot is to SHOOT, I suppose my lack of opportunity and the resultant disgust with the situation must be unreasonable, eh? To hog a lane for the whole show isn't very much fun for those who are waiting for someone to finish. I brought 2 guns to shoot. I saw some with 6 or more.

dougwg
08-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Well since the idea of a fun shoot is to SHOOT, I suppose my lack of opportunity and the resultant disgust with the situation must be unreasonable, eh? To hog a lane for the whole show isn't very much fun for those who are waiting for someone to finish. I brought 2 guns to shoot. I saw some with 6 or more.
How many people did you ask to share their lane?

miked
08-22-2011, 09:55 AM

Sorry to hear about this. In the shoots I've been to in the past people are usually very good about sharing lanes.

The last one I went to we had 4-5 people rotating through our lane. Each would shoot a mag or two and then someone else would step up and so on.

Clipper
08-22-2011, 10:04 AM
[/B][QUOTE=miked]Sorry to hear about this. In the shoots I've been to in the past people are usually very good about sharing lanes.

The last one I went to we had 4-5 people rotating through our lane. Each would shoot a mag or two and then someone else would step up and so on.[/QUOTE}

Maybe I expected too much. I expect someone who gets a free lane at a free shoot to shoot a couple of guns for a while and get up and OFF the lane so someone else doesn't have to SHARE their lane, but gets one to themselves for a while and then gets off to await another turn. I was offered to 'share' someone elses lane, but since I needed the bench that was covered with other guns to rest mine (i was actually shooting for score to tweak my sights), I just said screw it and left. Perhaps we need a sticky on range etiquette...

miked
08-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear about this. In the shoots I've been to in the past people are usually very good about sharing lanes.

The last one I went to we had 4-5 people rotating through our lane. Each would shoot a mag or two and then someone else would step up and so on.

Maybe I expected too much. I expect someone who gets a free lane at a free shoot to shoot a couple of guns for a while and get up and OFF the lane so someone else doesn't have to SHARE their lane, but gets one to themselves for a while and then gets off to await another turn. I was offered to 'share' someone elses lane, but since I needed the bench that was covered with other guns to rest mine (i was actually shooting for score to tweak my sights), I just said screw it and left. Perhaps we need a sticky on range etiquette...

It's a fun shoot, most don't go there to tweek their sights. I go more to socialize and to shot other peoples guns. :-D

There are usually more pople that attend then lanes available. People tend to leave there gunsd oput as long as they are there so others can try them.

oldskoolford427
08-22-2011, 10:41 AM

Sorry that you had that experience, I wish you would have piped up, we would have happily shared and we did offer a lane to you once I realized you did not get to shoot. Please speak up next time.
My son am I had a great time and many thanks to all that came and participated. Thanks Ed for setting things up.
John

SeeTee
08-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Clipper, nice to meet you and your wife sorry you didn't have a good time, as Miked said it's a fun shoot and not really productive to try to do any serious tweaking on the guns, but to be fair, you did not know that.

We prefer that guns are left out so people are not moving guns lane to lane to shoot or setting them behind the firing line and bringing them back and forth from shelf to the firing line again.

As far as people bringing many guns to shoot, that is a lot of the nature of the event to knock the dust out of guns you might not shoot a lot, and provide the opportunity for people to see and shoot guns they have not been able to before as your wife did and I am glad she had fun doing so.

I brought 4 guns myself and only shot 4 mag's out of 1 them and it didn't take long, so for most of the time they were there for anyone else to shoot and some did.

I would have moved them to the dead lane and let you have the lane had I known you needed one.

Clipper don't let this discourage from coming out to another fun shoot, and if you ever need something at any MGO event just speak up, MGO people don't bite.

Thanks Ed for setting things up, thanks to the range for staying open just for us.

Always great to see new and old faces at these events, I have never had a bad time at anything MGO related, fun shoot, working a booth, or just showing up at a meeting.

NickS
08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
There should NOT have been three (3) lanes down. That should have been brought to the attention of the range staff. They would open up the other side since we had the place all to ourselves. Not open to the public. That's what we paid for.

XDM 40 cal
08-22-2011, 12:11 PM
There should NOT have been three (3) lanes down. That should have been brought to the attention of the range staff. They would open up the other side since we had the place all to ourselves. Not open to the public. That's what we paid for.

Nicks there was issues with the 3 lanes, mechanical?? I seen that lane 9 and 10 were not plugged in...

Also i asked about lane 4 as was told it was down,but not given a reason.

I don't think ed was aware of this...

Clipper Sorry that you didn't have a good time... Yes at most MGO fun shoots we put about 4 ppl per lane so that all get a chance to shoot and shoot other members firearms...

zachjrhodes
08-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks ed for setting up the shoot had fun

tom-n8ies
08-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Nicks there was issues with the 3 lanes, mechanical?? I seen that lane 9 and 10 were not plugged in...

Also i asked about lane 4 as was told it was down,but not given a reason.

I don't think ed was aware of this...

Clipper Sorry that you didn't have a good time... Yes at most MGO fun shoots we put about 4 ppl per lane so that all get a chance to shoot and shoot other members firearms...

Would it have been possible to shoot from a closed lane by putting your target on the working lane next to you?

t

dpgperftest
08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
The first time i brought my 44 ,357 and xd9mm never shoot any of them everyone was shooting them :thumbup: but i was too busy shooting other guns i never shoot before great time with great people.

The 2nd time both at the firing line i came up because it was a Friday and i was working I went up on lunch time to pay my dues and again every one offered to me to shoot their guns . I am glad i got the hell out of that place or i would have been at the firing line for hours and would have got in trouble with work .
All great guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Islander48506
09-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Woo Hooo!! That's my neck of the woods. I should be able to make this one.
Awww Man!!! I missed it!!!! NOOOOooo!

miked
09-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Awww Man!!! I missed it!!!! NOOOOooo!

Don't feel too bad, I ended up missing it as well.