PDA

View Full Version : Police: 7 Teens Invaded Homes For 'Adrenaline Rush'

Knimrod
03-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Police: 7 Teens Invaded Homes For 'Adrenaline Rush'
March 6, 2006
WKMG News

Police in Palm Bay, Fla., arrested seven teens in the last several days wanted in connection with a series of home break-ins that were apparently committed because the group wanted an "adrenaline rush," according to a police report.

Police said the seven teens knew each other from work and school. All came from upper middle class homes but told authorities they carried out the crimes for "an adrenaline rush," Suelter told Florida Today.

The teens randomly picked homes to break into during the day and early evening, Suelter said. In one home they stole a gun. In others, cash, electronics and jewelry were taken.

He also said the teens would ring doorbells and if they did not get an answer they would kick in the doors.

"The suspects were very arrogant and the attitude they had was unbelievable. I explained the possibility that one of them could get hurt or shot. One of them told us that he was a big boy and that 'I think I could take 'em,' " Suelter said.

Link to story (http://www.local6.com/news/7745611/detail.html)

fbuckner
03-07-2006, 06:00 AM
Sadley enough alot of teens nowdays have this attitude like they untouchable. I know one he has that bring it on thing going. And even When a LEO had a chat with him he carried a chip on his shoulder like whatever you can do anything.

ANIMAL
03-07-2006, 08:55 AM
wonder what kind of an adrenaline rush they would get from a .45 slamming into their chest?

M1911A1
03-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Yep, I was thinking something similar.
Like that old Lynyrd Skynyrd tune:

Well the crowd cleared away, and I began to pray
And the water fell on the floor
And I'm telling you son, that it ain't no fun
Starin' straight down a forty-four

glockgirl
03-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Anyone listen to the song by Ted Nugent? "Fred Bear"? Fred said that "if some of our teenage thrill seekers really want to go out and get a thrill let them go up into the northwest let them tangle with a grizzly bear or polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul" *sighs* I wish they would find something to better occupy their time with, maybe a little parental involvement might help!

M1911A1
03-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Ah yes, I seem to recall when Fred said that. IIRC, he was speaking about the drug counterculture youth of the time.

goldwing2000
03-11-2006, 09:42 PM
wonder what kind of an adrenaline rush they would get from a .45 slamming into their chest?

My thoughts exactly.

I often don't answer my door if I look out and don't know the person ringing the bell. If they tried to kick mine in, they'd be in for a nasty surprise...