PDA

View Full Version : Nugent sticks to his gun on VH1 set

Knimrod
03-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Nugent sticks to his gun on VH1 sethttp://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Mar-04-Sat-2006/photos/nugent1.jpg
Mar. 04, 2006
Norm Clarke

Gun enthusiast Ted Nugent won a showdown with a VH1 film crew assistant director the other day.

Nugent, in town for the filming of VH1's "Supergroup" reality show, walked onto the set early this week exercising his right to bear arms.

The startled assistant director asked the rocker to remove the holstered firearm from the active set, citing safety concerns.

Nugent, 57, stuck to his guns (gun), and the AD has not been seen on the set since, I'm told.

Reached at VH1 in New York on Friday, spokeswoman Michelle Clark said Nugent "has a license to be a firearm carrier no matter where he might be. I'm sure he wasn't waving it around."

Nugent and four other veteran rockers wrap up their 12-day taping, most of it at the Parisian Palace, with a concert Sunday at the Empire Ballroom, 3765 Las Vegas Blvd. South.

Joining Nugent on the reality show is Sebastian Bach of Skid Row; drummer Jason Bonham, son of Led Zeppelin legend John Bonham; Scott Ian of Anthrax; and Evan Seinfeld of Biohazard.

Link to story (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Mar-04-Sat-2006/news/6189520.html)

Dedpoet
03-07-2006, 10:39 PM
They always leave out the good details. What was he carrying?

karcent
03-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Ted usually carries a Glock.

Divegeek
03-08-2006, 06:30 AM
If I remember correctly from reading "Guns, God, and Rock and Roll," Ted carried a Glock 21 in .45 ACP. At least at the time of writing thats what he was using.

appliancebrad
03-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Reached at VH1 in New York on Friday, spokeswoman Michelle Clark said Nugent "has a license to be a firearm carrier no matter where he might be. I'm sure he wasn't waving it around."

I'm calling BS. There is no such "universal" permit. And there are places that don't issue permits period! Deadly Uncle Tedly may have a NYC permit, he might have several others. However, I'm going to wager he's doesn't have an Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska or Kansas permit. Sometimes the hyperbole gets too much to bear with the Wackmaster.

RSF
03-08-2006, 11:35 AM
ted actually varries a g-20 in 10mm loaded with corbon,

he still thinks his jackson and/or gennesse county special deputy badge count as a gold pass

Tank
03-08-2006, 06:30 PM
ted actually varries a g-20 in 10mm loaded with corbon

That was going to be my comment. I'm quite sure it's a 10mm he likes...

Autumnlovr
03-10-2006, 01:58 PM
And, my guess is it'd be safer on Ted's body than anywhere the VH1-dude could have suggested he leave it.

goldwing2000
03-10-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm calling BS. There is no such "universal" permit. And there are places that don't issue permits period! Deadly Uncle Tedly may have a NYC permit, he might have several others. However, I'm going to wager he's doesn't have an Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska or Kansas permit. Sometimes the hyperbole gets too much to bear with the Wackmaster.

I'm sure she meant that he was allowed to carry in whatever place he was located. Which, from the locations given, looks to be the Las Vegas area. Nevada does have reciprocity with many states, including Michigan.

Divegeek
03-12-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm sure she meant that he was allowed to carry in whatever place he was located. Which, from the locations given, looks to be the Las Vegas area. Nevada does have reciprocity with many states, including Michigan.

Kane, according www.packing.org, Nevada doesn't recognize any other states permit. Their permit is recognized by several other states though. They do give out non resident permits though.

goldwing2000
03-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I stand corrected. I remember being able to carry in Nevada but upon further research, it was because they allow open carry, not because of reciprocity.

So my argument still stands. Uncle Tedley was open carrying, so Ms. Clark was right in that he can carry anywhere in the state, with respect to any CEZs or local statutes (Clark County has additional laws).