PDA

View Full Version : S.F. approves penalties for anti-gun ordinance

Knimrod
03-11-2006, 10:30 PM
S.F. approves penalties for anti-gun ordinance
03/11/2006
By Jason Shuffler

SAN FRANCISCO — Despite an ongoing lawsuit with the National Rifle Association, San Franciscos Board of Supervisors set penalties last week on what is regarded as one of the toughest anti-gun laws in the country.

Last November, 58 percent of San Francisco voters passed Proposition H, a city ordinance that makes it illegal for residents to possess handguns and prohibits the manufacture, distribution, sale and transfer of firearms in the city.

As required by the proposition, the supervisors Wednesday approved a set of penalties for violating the law that include imposition of a $1,000 penalty and a jail term of between 90 days and six months.

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom made the recommendations in a letter to the board, saying he had consulted first with the chief of police, district attorney, sheriff and city attorney.Immediately

after the Nov. 8 election, the National Rifle Association and other gun advocates filed a lawsuit in the First District State Court of Appeal in San Francisco, arguing that Proposition H conflicts with state law allowing police agencies to issue handgun permits.

The San Francisco city attorneys office responded that local government, under home rule powers, is entitled to protect residents from handgun violence.

Superior Court Judge James Warren, who is overseeing the case, expects to rule on the case before the mid-June deadline. If Warren deems the proposition unlawful, the city will likely appeal the decision.

Link to story (http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/ci_3592114)

Knimrod
03-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Do What We Say Or We'll Destroy You!

They will send in armed home invaders to take you hostage. They will steal your property. They will hold you against your will and throw you into a dungeon with the most violent, sociopathic subculture in our society. And if you resist, they will kill you.

Anybody not clear on what the "gun controllers" are all about?

The War on Guns (http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2006/03/do-what-we-say-or-well-destroy-you.html)
David Codrea

glockgirl
03-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Do What We Say Or We'll Destroy You!

Amen Knimrod.

Knimrod
03-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Props to David Codrea for putting it so eloquently and also to Angel Shamaya for the practical demonstration of how it can happen here.

On one side are the bad guys who want to do you harm... On the other side are the gun grabbers with the same mission but under the guise of some greater good.

Come to think of it... The criminals and the gun grabbers are on the same side. They both want you unarmed. Go figure...

Stay safe.

karcent
03-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey, Michigan has a list of every single one of us and every handgun that we legally posess!
Isn't that comforting!
It really isn't that big a deal because most jurisdictions make it real easy to register those guns, so why would anyone bitch about it?
Besides, we've got a lot of momentum with all of the recent legislation.
Hell, I'm not gonna worry about it at all.

keyjockey
03-12-2006, 01:58 PM
I predict that crime in SF is about to go up markedly.

I know, I know................I'm psychic. :)

(remember....there's NO "ot" in psychic!)