PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Pin / Steel Plate Shoot

goldwing2000
03-12-2006, 12:01 AM
I know it's kind of late notice but I'm going to go kill some bowling pins tomorrow. Anybody is welcome to join me.

Washtenaw Sportsman's Club in Ypsi
http://www.washtenawsportsmansclub.org/ranges/pistol/pin-plate.html

Cost is only $5 and you'll need no more than 50 rounds of ammo.

Kouger
03-12-2006, 12:10 AM
wish i could join you....im working..10 hours tomorrow....yippie

goldwing2000
03-12-2006, 12:12 AM
There's always next week. Or the week after. Or the week after. :mrgreen:

Although I'm thinking about doing IPSC at Livingston on the 26th. Haven't been out there in a LONG time.

Kouger
03-12-2006, 12:14 AM
take ou up on that if its ok...i am no longer a member anywhere

goldwing2000
03-12-2006, 12:17 AM
That's the beauty of Washtenaw... anybody with $5 and a gun can shoot. No membership required for the public events! :thumbup:

Jerry
03-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Darn....I sure could use the range time and the practice....too bad I saw this this morning and dont have time today to go.

I see that the pin and plate shoots end this month....double darn!

Maybe next year.....JR

goldwing2000
03-12-2006, 09:56 PM
They continue, Jerry. Paul just hasn't updated the web site, yet! :oops:

See you next week?!

The pin/plate shoots happen all year long and sometimes twice a week in the summer. Starting in April, they are going to be doing "Action Shoots" on the third Sunday of the month. Similar to IDPA/IPSC but less formal. Lots of fun!

goldwing2000
03-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Going to Washtenaw again this weekend, if anybody is interested.

Location (http://www.washtenawsportsmansclub.org/about/map.html)

edit: Hmmm... at least I think I'm going this weekend. It's not on the official schedule. :scratch:

Mods/Admins, can somebody please remove the date from the title of this thread so I can recycle it every week? Thanks.

Roger Roney
04-01-2006, 01:24 AM
<snip>Mods/Admins, can somebody please remove the date from the title of this thread so I can recycle it every week? Thanks.I've never tried it on this MB, but you can on others. Rename and/or edit the title by clicking on "edit" in your first post.

Roger

Ken P
04-01-2006, 03:59 AM
I've never tried it on this MB, but you can on others. Rename and/or edit the title by clicking on "edit" in your first post.

Roger

And if that doesn't work, look at the bottom after you hit edit and see if you have a button that says "Go Advanced" hit that and it should open up the title bar (At least that's what I had to do to remove it)

Alternatives and concerns with recycling the thread would be to post it on the calendar as a recurring event. Concerns with recycling the same thread every week is that you'll enivitably end up with a bunch of "BTT" messages and various replies and wisecracks in between making it hard to follow. And besides Kane how are you going to remain the most active poster if you start recycling threads instead of posting new ones???? LOL

goldwing2000
04-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Nope. Tried that already. None of it works. It only changes the title on the first thread (go look. I'll wait).

On the Mazda board that I moderate, there's an "Edit Thread" option that's available to moderators under the "Thread Tools" drop-down. That bb uses tha same software as this one, so I assume it's something similar.

Ken, I would add it to the calendar but... we... nobody checks the calendar.

Maybe I'll just make a new thread each month. That should keep the bumps and idle chatter to a minimum.

Jerry
04-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Kane...Is this still going on tomorrow? 4.2.06

And what time?

Plate or Pins?

Thanks...JR

goldwing2000
04-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Is this still going on tomorrow? 4.2.06 As far as I know, yes. I'm planning to be there, so I sure hope it's happening.

And what time? Be there no later than about 9:45 so you have time to sign in.

Plate or Pins? usually both, you get to choose which you want to shoot but plates are lead bullets only

Thanks...JR No problem! :thumbup:

goldwing2000
04-01-2006, 08:14 PM
ABORT! ABORT!!!

I just checked the schedule and noticed that there's a small-bore silhouette shoot tomorrow. They use the same range as pistols, so there isn't going to be a pin shoot tomorrow!!

In fact... just called the guy in charge and confirmed. No pin shoot tomorrow. :(

ABORT! ABORT!!!

Jerry
04-29-2006, 10:12 PM
So Kane....you been shooting here lately and how is it?

JR

goldwing2000
05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Nope. Not lately. Can't imagine anything has changed, though. Should be just as fun as it's always been.