PDA

View Full Version : black powder

GTPx1998
07-19-2011, 08:27 PM
do you have to register a black powder hand gun to shoot it in mi :banghead:

twodogsanme
07-19-2011, 08:43 PM
If your carrying it loaded and capped up, concealed and or with in reach in your auto you better have a ccw !

ranttrmike
07-20-2011, 05:33 AM
do you have to register a black powder hand gun to shoot it in mi :banghead:
No, you do not have to register BP Pistols, you can even mail order them. As the last poster pointed out, you cannot conceal it (same pistol laws apply about carrying it as any other pistol) unless you have a CPL.

If you are looking for one, I have one for sale. I can get the specifics when I get home, but I believe it to be a .36 cal Spiller and Burr replica made at Spiller and Burr in Italy, 1984. This is a replica of the confederate version of the Colt Army. It has only been fired 1 time to season the barrel, and comes with a full leather holster. It is in 99% condition.

PM me if you want info.

nascarkent
07-21-2011, 08:44 AM
You can collect them. But if they leave the house,They better be registered.
If the police find it. It could make for a long day.Not being registered.:shocked:

Roundballer
07-21-2011, 10:18 AM
You can collect them. But if they leave the house,They better be registered.
If the police find it. It could make for a long day.Not being registered.:shocked:
This is completely wrong. Normally when an erroneous statement like this is made a demand of "CITE" is made. I will cut you some slack because the way the law is worded, the opposite can be shown:

MCL 28.422 (http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-422)

28.422 License to purchase, carry, possess, or transport pistol; issuance; qualifications; applications; sale of pistol; exemptions; nonresidents; basic pistol safety brochure; forging application; implementation during business hours.

Sec. 2.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person shall not purchase, carry, possess, or transport a pistol in this state without first having obtained a license for the pistol as prescribed in this section.

<snip>

(7) This section does not apply to the purchase of pistols from wholesalers by dealers regularly engaged in the business of selling pistols at retail, or to the sale, barter, or exchange of pistols kept as relics or curios not made for modern ammunition or permanently deactivated. This section does not prevent the transfer of ownership of pistols that are inherited if the license to purchase is approved by the commissioner or chief of police, sheriff, or their authorized deputies, and signed by the personal representative of the estate or by the next of kin having authority to dispose of the pistol.
I, and several of my friends have tried to register them for "general purposes", and have been refused. It is just not required. We have not tried to push the issue as to carrying one concealed, where as the law requires that the handgun be registered, but not necessarily to the person in possession.

nascarkent
07-21-2011, 11:25 AM
This is completely wrong. Normally when an erroneous statement like this is made a demand of "CITE" is made. I will cut you some slack because the way the law is worded, the opposite can be shown:

MCL 28.422 (http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-422)

I, and several of my friends have tried to register them for "general purposes", and have been refused. It is just not required. We have not tried to push the issue as to carrying one concealed, where as the law requires that the handgun be registered, but not necessarily to the person in possession.
Thanks for the slack. I stand corrected. Thank You