PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch the accidental discharge on "Storage Wars?

Greggos
07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Dude and his s/o won an auction for a storage shed that belonged to a gun dealer. Sure as snot they find a bin full of cased handguns. I noted that one she took out of the case was already cocked (!!!!! WTF?????)
She picks another one and pops a round off sending it into a plastic container full of shot brass,scares the hell out of the her and the guy (obviously) but then he's got the nerve to get pissed at her!
None of these knuckleheads, camera operator too, even bothered to check what was or wasn't loaded. Despite the statement being made "assume all guns are loaded"

Ricebrnr
07-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Saw it

I call bs, fake

JohnJak
07-21-2011, 07:51 PM
It's a made for TV reality show.

TAC
07-21-2011, 08:01 PM
All those shows are scripted.

Ruger
07-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

kdogg
07-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Screw the discharge... Did you see the guns? Some of those were obviously fake guns.

You could tell that GLOCK was all plastic, I mean the slide too. They were all Airsoft toys.

tcb
08-12-2011, 09:56 AM

Totally Agree with that one!

pkuptruck
08-12-2011, 10:00 AM

;-)

Playmore_Minds
08-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Yup... scripted shows

Sniper21
08-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Everyone thinks its scripted??

Made_in_Michigan
08-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Everyone thinks its scripted??

I've watched several episodes and I think it is 75% scripted. Some of the animosity that is shown seems to have little or no basis, and people are obviously blustering it up for the camera.

The primary reason that I think this is fake is the fact that if they bid like that on every empty storage locker, they would be bankrupt within a month. Having cleaned out several, finding one that has anything worth more than $100 total in it is a rarity, not the norm. Old smelly clothes, broken furniture, and the "antiques" that folks think will be worth money someday are all that you find, and if you paid out $100-$1000 per purchase your losses would far outweigh any gains.

_DK_
08-22-2011, 11:22 AM
I've watched several episodes and I think it is 75% scripted. Some of the animosity that is shown seems to have little or no basis, and people are obviously blustering it up for the camera.

The primary reason that I think this is fake is the fact that if they bid like that on every empty storage locker, they would be bankrupt within a month. Having cleaned out several, finding one that has anything worth more than $100 total in it is a rarity, not the norm. Old smelly clothes, broken furniture, and the "antiques" that folks think will be worth money someday are all that you find, and if you paid out $100-$1000 per purchase your losses would far outweigh any gains.

While I think the show if as fake as other "reality tv" I have a friend that goes to quite a few local storage auctions and he was telling me he more than doubled his initial investments, though he's gotten out of it lately since works picked up and more people are getting into the auctions.

TAC
08-22-2011, 11:26 AM
I find it hard to believe the owners of the storage facilities wouldn't cherry pick these prior to any auctions. They'd be crazy not to!

molotov
08-24-2011, 07:00 AM
I personally know an individual, who operates a business that sells unique items, which was approached by the producers of this show and asked if he had any interesting items he would loan them to place in the units being bid on. part of the deal would include them "selling" it back to him for the show. He declined.

There are very real aspects to the show, but literally EVERYTHING is embellished.

Boiler_81
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
This and every other reality show is scripted. I know a person in Las Vegas who was contacted by that show to bring an item it. The pricing was way inflated for the show.

If you think about it, there is no way that many interesting items would show up in a pawn shop or in storage lockers.

I personally know an individual, who operates a business that sells unique items, which was approached by the producers of this show and asked if he had any interesting items he would loan them to place in the units being bid on. part of the deal would include them "selling" it back to him for the show. He declined.

There are very real aspects to the show, but literally EVERYTHING is embellished.

customizedcreationz
09-09-2011, 07:14 AM
You would be very amazed at what turns up in storage units, or barns for that matter.

You know the typical story, I bought a 69 GTO Judge Ram Air 4 4spd car for $1000 back in 1981, from a guys barn yada yada yada.

Well I can say that it does happen. Because I have been there and done that numerous times in the past ( 20+ years ago ) with a few buddies that own restoration businesses.

Storage units I have been to with auctions were mostly junk, but there was a few that where jackpots.

They are set for the show though. What interest would it be for the public to watch people go through and bid on smelly old moldy clothes.

Same thing with American Pickers. That is all setup. Very rarely can you walk onto someones property in the south and be welcomed like they are.

Its all in interest of ratings.

I didn't catch this episode your talking about, but can believe what it looked like!

Todd

drewyork
09-09-2011, 07:32 AM
ive seen storage auctions before. scavengers like these guys are real characters.

upacreek
09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
We have a guy running around our neighborhood every trash day loading up stuff on his beat up old car. Maybe the cameras should follow him around.