PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for 4-H shooting sports

Knimrod
03-19-2006, 08:54 AM
March 19, 2006
[ From the Clinton County News ]

Westphalia Wildcats, a Clinton County 4-H club, and trap shooting programs from the surrounding areas will be having a sign up night for the 4-H shooting sports program. Oak Hill Gun Club will be hosting the event April 10 at 6 p.m. at 1900 Pline Road, Portland.

Interested students and their parents are welcome to attend an informal information meeting and sign up at the club. Deadline date for sign up is April 24.

Students must be 12 or older by Jan. 1, 2006 to join the clay target program in trap shooting. Season runs from April 10 through Sept. 25.

For more information please contact: Mike Schmitz (989) 587-6682 or John Sabin (989) 666-3726 e-mail lumberone@charter.net

Link to story (http://lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060319/CLINTON06/603190613&SearchID=73238931617162)

ANIMAL
03-19-2006, 02:22 PM
PEOPLE. this is a great thing take your kids see what they think. if they may want to try it ask at the club they probably will have some youth shotguns for them to use. Our club that sponsors the School trap team here gets shells for 2.50/box either feds or win your choice and we have many OLD timers that will help with the kids.
I juist took some training over by Knoxville so I can help Coach the trap team here. and yesterday I had to join the ATA and shoot for average. (talk about that later). But I am ready to go and so are the kids.

you want to see a kid straighten up and concentrate, give him a 12 ga and throw some birds.

We do it from 3rd grade to 12th. These kids are great.

I got some pointers from a 12 yr old girl. I have never shot compettively before and she has so I listened and improved. This little lady gets picked on by some of the boys but she gets back at them on the range. she shoots 93 and 94 consistently. Even the old timers just shake their heads.

Remember get involved with the kids.