PDA

View Full Version : IPSC @ LGC on 3/26

goldwing2000
03-23-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm going to the IPSC shoot at Livingston Gun Club in Brighton this Sunday. It would be cool if some of you could join me.

http://www.livingstongunclub.org/club/

sprink
03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
I'll be there if I can get the rust off one of my pistols.

goldwing2000
03-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Cool! See you there, Greg!

Kouger
03-25-2006, 02:46 AM
never shot it.......dont even know if what i have is legal to shoot it......maybe i will come watch......

Outdoorzman
03-25-2006, 06:28 AM
I've been looking forward to this all winter!
Too bad I can't make it.
Working 7-12's right now.
Next month for sure!

sprink
03-25-2006, 08:50 AM
never shot it.......dont even know if what i have is legal to shoot it......maybe i will come watch......

You have a Glock right?. That and a strongside holster that you can reholster with one hand, four or more mags and a way to carry a couple of them (not buried in pockets), eyes & ears and most of the day to kill about covers it. Oh and $ for entry.

I think that about covers it. Anyone have anything else to add?

You might be able to borrow spare mag or mag holders, a few of us have a Glock or two.

Kouger
03-25-2006, 11:03 AM
You have a Glock right?.

OHHHHHH..........you know it...a sweet Glock 35 ( so far..so good)

a strongside holster that you can reholster with one hand

ok...clear this up just a little if you can please... ( dep hates my jac slide....says im going to shoot my finger off reholstering one day)

ccw holster?........... Tactical Thigh Holster??......belted softsided holster??

four or more mags

covered in this area

and a way to carry a couple of them (not buried in pockets)

burned again

like i said..im really not ready for this....maybe just go watch this time....start getting back into the groove

sprink
03-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Well then just come out and take a look Kouger. You will wish you came to shoot. It is a lot of fun.

Outdoorzman
03-25-2006, 09:55 PM
It's so much fun Kouger, u aint never gonna be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a 1911 rig and a GP1OO 357 RIG YOUR WELCOME TO BORROW NEXT MONTH!

Damn............too much fun!

goldwing2000
03-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Per the USPSA web site (http://www.uspsa.org/):

Holsters must retain the firearm during any required movement, must cover the trigger of a holstered gun, must point to the ground when the firearm is holstered, and must be carried at belt level; shoulder holsters, fanny packs, et al, are not permissible at USPSA events. Further, Production Division has additional holster restrictions. Go to our Rulebook, page 91, for more information about the equipment requirements of each division.

So it sounds like the thigh holster is out (which I was also wondering). Everything else sounds like a go. You'll want something that's easy to get the gun out of (IWB is not your friend, here) and (preferably) something without a retention strap. If it has a retention strap, you have to use it.

I have a spare two-mag carrier that you're welcome to use, Koug. Uncle Mikes makes a sweet quad-mag carrier that you might want to look into for the future. Pretty cheap, too. That's what I'll be using tomorrow.

I'll be leaving my house about 8:00 if you want to ride out with me!!

Kouger
03-25-2006, 11:46 PM
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ ok...equipment seems to be handled

Kane will call ya about 8 If i can make it ( explain in PM)

goldwing2000
03-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Cool. Better call a little before 8, cuz I'm out the door at 8:00 sharp. It takes about 45 mins to get there.

sprink
03-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Great to shoot with you today Kane. Sorry you couldn't make it Kouger.
Fine day for a shoot.

Kouger
03-26-2006, 06:18 PM
yea..I am sorry as well. hope to next time.

I was a good guy for a change..stayed home all day

goldwing2000
03-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Same here, Greg! I was shocked (and pleased) at the lack of mud.

Not my best day shooting but it sure was fun. :thumbup: