PDA

View Full Version : Lansing: Man Arrested After Local Road Rage Incident

Knimrod
03-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Man Arrested After Local Road Rage Incident
March 28, 2006
WLNS News

One person is under arrest after road rage on Cedar Street leads to a heated exchange in a parking lot. It happened Monday afternoon on Cedar Street near Willoughby in Delhi Township when two drivers heading north on Cedar got into a fight.

One driver rammed his car into the other, causing minor damage. The drivers then pulled into a Burger King parking lot. One driver got out of his car with a baseball bat and approached the other driver, who then pulled a gun. Police arrived and arrested the driver with the bat. Police say the man with the gun had a legal permit to carry the weapon.

Link to story (http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=4690068)

Luke42
03-29-2006, 08:57 PM
A little blurb on the local page of the LSJ today told of a road rage incident on Cedar St. in Holt. One driver intentionally hit another one, they pulled into a Burger King parking lot and the one that had done the hitting pulled out a baseball bat and advanced on the other guy who pulled his pistol and told the guy to drop the bat, the police arrived, the man had a CPL and the guy with the bat went to jail...How about that, no anti gun rhetoric, no media crap, just the way it should be.

goldwing2000
03-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Nice.

Good timing on the part of the police, though. I shudder to think where it might have gone if they had been a little later.

paddy
03-30-2006, 05:58 AM
Well, let me see....you have a guy road raging on you.
He runs into you.
Then you stop at a Burger King to confront him ????!!!!

That would be the last thing I would have done.

Better evade and call 911. Don't give the idiot a chance to get near you.

Now if he had forced him off the road and you had no choice that would have been different.

taurus92
03-30-2006, 10:29 AM
He runs into you.

Now if he had forced him off the road and you had no choice that would have been different.

Now you jumped the gun there. Do we know if he knew he was intentionally hit? How bad was the damage could he of continued driving? All sorts of questions that are not answered

Knimrod
03-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Threads merged...

Red Sector A
03-30-2006, 10:39 AM
He runs into you.

Yeah but we dont know the details... did the driver know the other intentionally rammed him?... if it was a normal accident then maybe he pulled into the parking lot as he should in any normal accident .. if he had zoomed off the other enraged driver may have called 911 first and said he was hit and run...

alot we dont know... we do know that he stopped any serious harm by using his weapon to deter the would be assailant.. and apparently he got off without any problems from the law.. I call it a success story!

paddy
03-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Man Arrested After Local Road Rage Incident
March 28, 2006
WLNS News

One person is under arrest after road rage on Cedar Street leads to a heated exchange in a parking lot. It happened Monday afternoon on Cedar Street near Willoughby in Delhi Township when two drivers heading north on Cedar got into a fight.

One driver rammed his car into the other, causing minor damage. The drivers then pulled into a Burger King parking lot. One driver got out of his car with a baseball bat and approached the other driver, who then pulled a gun. Police arrived and arrested the driver with the bat. Police say the man with the gun had a legal permit to carry the weapon.

Link to story (http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=4690068)

Good points. We don't know all of the details. I commented because the article said "when two drivers heading north on Cedar got into a fight". That sounded like the fight started while they were driving.
The article also stated "One driver rammed his car into the other". That sounds as though the victim knew he was hit on purpose. I guess it is possible to be driving along completely oblivious to the situation and not notice that when you were hit, that it was on purpose.

I would still take my chances and evade and call 911. Let the police sort it out. I think you may get a quick response if you tell the 911 operator " Help, someone just purposely rammed my car and is chasing me. I'm in fear of great bodily harm. Please tell the police that I have a CPL and am armed."

Good discussion, but remember that the press almost never get the story correct.

ANIMAL
03-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Maybe the cpl driver pulled into the parking lot to get away from the wacko

taurus92
03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Two drivers got in a fight... Well they sure did after they pulled over and that may be what they were commenting on.

Never expect the press to get the story right unless it fits their agenda.

Knimrod
03-30-2006, 04:17 PM
From the Lansing State Journal:

Man charged in road rage incident

DELHI TWP. - A 36-year-old Lansing man has been charged in an incident that ended with a gun being pulled outside a Burger King.

Two drivers heading north Monday on Cedar Street got into an argument, according to the Ingham County Sheriff's Office. The Lansing man struck the other vehicle with his own. Both men then stopped and got out of their cars. The Lansing man approached the other driver with a baseball bat. That man - who has a valid concealed weapon permit - pulled out a gun and ordered the man to drop the bat. The driver with the bat was arraigned on two counts of felonious assault, authorities said.

Link to article (http://lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060329/NEWS01/603290361&SearchID=73240058383320)

glockgirl
03-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I would still take my chances and evade and call 911. Let the police sort it out. I think you may get a quick response if you tell the 911 operator " Help, someone just purposely rammed my car and is chasing me. I'm in fear of great bodily harm. Please tell the police that I have a CPL and am armed."

Good discussion, but remember that the press almost never get the story correct.

I would have called the police from my cell and said the same thing...! I agree with you there...

The press sucks, my ex used to be a news director at local stations (now you know why he's my ex!! *lol*)..Ok, in all honesty, he was pretty fair...but he would "embellish" when he felt like stirring the pot a little!!