PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk mag case question

..DETROIT..
08-05-2011, 07:07 AM
I purchased a Blackhawk "single stack double row mag case" for my 1911 mags. The mags don't quite fit all the way to the bottom. There is a thin, tapered, ramp at the bottom of the holder which prevents the mags from seating all the way in. Normally, I place the mags facing the same direction, when I do that, one mags sticks out even further. Did I buy the wrong type? Is there more than one "single stack double mag case" from blackhawk? Do they not fit 1911 mags? Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TomE
08-05-2011, 07:24 AM
That's why I try before I buy ,in person ,unless its something you have already seen in person and have tried.

..DETROIT..
08-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Absolutely no argument there. It's not a problem to return the item (purchased last night), I was wondering more about the options for 1911 mag cases. I'd like to stick with the Blackhawk brand since their serpa is so awesome.

wJAKE19
08-05-2011, 10:37 AM
you must be trying to stir the pot!
:banana:

dougwg
08-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Absolutely no argument there. It's not a problem to return the item (purchased last night), I was wondering more about the options for 1911 mag cases. I'd like to stick with the Blackhawk brand since their serpa is so awesome.
The BlackHawk Serpa Holsters SUCK MONKEYBALLS!

They are NOT awesome unless you meant awesomely crappy.

forrest0872
08-05-2011, 10:52 AM
youtube search serpa negligent discharges.

:popcorn:

dougwg
08-05-2011, 11:32 AM
youtube search serpa negligent discharges.

:popcorn:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=youtube%3A+serpa+negligent+discharges

..DETROIT..
08-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Interesting. I've checked out the videos. Looks to me like a little "training/practice" would've probably prevented the majority of "accidents", not to mention that "thing" on the side called a safety. Oh, and the gentleman that filmed shooting himself in the leg was also drawing like he was in a cowboy gunfight. As for the mag holder, I figured it out. The mags are placed in opposite of each other. Not sure if I care for that.

XDM 40 cal
08-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Interesting. I've checked out the videos. Looks to me like a little "training/practice" would've probably prevented the majority of "accidents", not to mention that "thing" on the side called a safety. Oh, and the gentleman that filmed shooting himself in the leg was also drawing like he was in a cowboy gunfight. As for the mag holder, I figured it out. The mags are placed in opposite of each other. Not sure if I care for that.

Just what i was thinking that ...glad you figure it out...

Dont take the serpa thing to deep as it can be a good holster,but there are better one's out there...
With a 1911 in condition 1 you can use a leather and get the same ...

topflitecop21
02-06-2012, 09:54 PM
The BlackHawk Serpa Holsters SUCK MONKEYBALLS!

They are NOT awesome unless you meant awesomely crappy.

I like how the majority of your posts I've seen are dogging the Serpa. What makes you say that? Military? Law Enforcement? Competition shooter? Or maybe you work for Galco....

..DETROIT..
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
The serpa debate can get heated around here at times. Some people seem to hate just the mention of the word. More often than not, the sheer utter of "serpa" and "like" in the same room will incite a feverish whirlwind of biased opinions and unfounded rants of hatred. Coke, pepsi? Chevy, ford? Which one is better? Not really an applicable question. It really comes down to which one YOU like more. At least that's what I always say. Oh, and then the "monkeyballs guy" chimes in along with the guy that has the holster advertisement stapled to his reply. Good luck to you if you like serpas around here.

Batman
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM
OK, it stops here. This thread is moving in a direction not allowed by the rules.

And the OP's first post isn't really a review.