PDA

View Full Version : Slide fire stock SSAR-15 two thumbs up

spartywrx
08-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Picked up a slide fire stock this week and took it out to shoot on my 9mm AR15 today. No problems installing it, a flathead screwdriver and 5 minutes is all you need. I have both a commercial and milspec buffer tubes on my AR's. The milspec is definitely the better of the two, it provides for a better slide.

The thing works as advertised. I had no problems figuring out how to make it work, and then bump 2-3 rounds at a time or a complete mag dump. In locked semi only mode, it worked no differently than any other stock.

The only issue I had was the Remington green/white box 9mm target ammo I brought along is not powerful enough to bump fire using the standard DPMS lower kit trigger. There is not enough recoil to drive the gun back into the stock and reset the trigger from this ammo. A shorter trigger reset would solve this problem, or I can just use different ammo. On a 5.56 gun this won't be a problem since the recoil is much more than the 9mm.

The monarch steel case 9mm worked beautifully, no problems at all. Shoot singles, doubles, triples, or mag dumps. I've never shot a true NFA full auto, but this sure seemed like it. I had other shooters asking if it was a M16. It worked like this :ak2: :fa: :mg:

I did not have a VFG on my AR and it worked fine.

I have not tried it on my .223 yet, but I'm sure it will work just as well.

If you want the full auto experience without the $10,000-$15,000 prices I would definitely pick one of these up. I balked at the price at first ($340), but its the price of 1.7 NFA tax stamps, less than paying for two form 4's, or the price of an Eotech or Aimpoint. Plus there is no registration with the *****tards at ATF.

I would recommend this to anyone and I would give it a two thumbs up, and would recommend a mag loader because your thumbs are going to be sore

pgaplayerless
08-07-2011, 02:41 PM
You don't have to spend $340 to bump fire. Rubber bands work just as well :D