PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment Holster

ILoveMyGlock
08-10-2011, 11:01 AM
ZplHQWW-UEM

hopeitsfast
08-10-2011, 12:00 PM
To me, the Phantom from RCS is the best all round holster i've ever used. I use a LC model everyday and i couldn't be happier. And with the amount of clones/frauds/wannabes on the market today, i'm guessing i'm not the only one.

sparkman10mm
08-10-2011, 01:36 PM
To me, the Phantom from RCS is the best all round holster i've ever used. I use a LC model everyday and i couldn't be happier. And with the amount of clones/frauds/wannabes on the market today, i'm guessing i'm not the only one.
Spot on..100%
Also , Ravens CS is second to none...

CyborgWarrior
08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
My experience is less than stellar. A blurb in the kydex put scratches on my gun and their shipping/handling fees are outrageous.
But because of their reputation and back order I made a profit selling it on Ebay and bought another make for half the price.

reyno2ac
08-10-2011, 04:18 PM
My experience is less than stellar. A blurb in the kydex put scratches on my gun and their shipping/handling fees are outrageous.
But because of their reputation and back order I made a profit selling it on Ebay and bought another make for half the price.
I agree on their shipping prices. But who doesn't have ridiculous prices for shipping these days?

Their customer service, on the other hand, is TOP NOTCH!

Tom Fineis
08-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Fair points.

All holsters will wear a firearm finish. These are designed to carry the tools you may defend your life with. If finish wear isn't acceptable, our holster is not for you.

Shipping is a flat $9.99 regardless of what you buy. $25 order? 10 bucks for shipping. $2500 order? 10 bucks for shipping. This saves us time and allows us to ship orders as quickly as we can. Our new website will offer real time shipping based on the weight of your order.

willowofwisp
08-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Nice review, guy did a great job outlining the holster, he just needs to work on his draw from concealment, I saw some bowling in there.

sparkman10mm
08-10-2011, 08:12 PM
A simple call (Tom posts his cell # publicly on every forum he visits)
would have had your issue corrected..
Good luck getting a quarter of your $ out of what you replaced it with..

JMHO....

hawaiianpool
08-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I am looking at a raven phantom system (iswb)

What is the service life of the kydex material? Also is it smooth on the skin (say I have no t shirt between it)

thanks in advance nice video review btw

mini4m3
08-16-2011, 02:09 PM
I am looking at a raven phantom system (iswb)

What is the service life of the kydex material? Also is it smooth on the skin (say I have no t shirt between it)

thanks in advance nice video review btw

I'm not too sure but from even the early model of Raven holsters I've seen/bought have been running good for many many years (I think 06/07 was the oldest I've used). I would bet under normal conditions the kydex would last longer than most guns.

Yes the kydex is fine against skin. I run without a sweat guard (M.D. cut) and if That goes against the skin you'll be irritated by the actual gun itself. If you plan on wearing it next to the skin very often I would stay away from the special cuts that remove the sweat guard - other wise I think you'll be set.

_DK_
08-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Everything Kydex (http://www.kydex.com/technical-data/FAQs.aspx)

Now I do not know what type is used for Holsters, I've thermoformed 100/110 and T into many different products at my work.