PDA

View Full Version : Camp Perry, I'm in!

Batman
04-05-2006, 10:30 PM
:banana::banana:Just finished signing up for a fantastic week of shooting (July 30 to Aug. 7). Registration is now open and what a week it will be!! Went last year for the first time and had a ball (and I even won a medal!). Can't wait!:banana::banana:

appliancebrad
04-06-2006, 08:01 AM
I signed Jordan and I up on line yesterday. I'm shooting in the Springfield and Garand Matches and Jordan in the Garand. We're going down on Thursday and shooting Friday and Saturday. We've got reservations at the Country Hearth Inn in Port Clinton which is 7 minutes from the front gate.

Still waiting to hear back on Pistol SAFS.

Jason Demond
04-06-2006, 04:16 PM
We shot the JCG match the last two years, but decided to forgo it this year.
Instead we are going to attend the Rifle SAFS, M16 EIC, and the Presidents match.

bassplayer
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I'll be heading down there next week to see if I can snatch me a Garand. They are one cool rifle. 8)

Batman
04-07-2006, 01:30 PM
I'll be heading down there next week to see if I can snatch me a Garand. They are one cool rifle. 8)

Better hurry, pickings are getting slim!:(

ltdave
04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
reservations at the Country Hearth Inn

whats that run a night?

you REALLY havent experienced Camp Perry and Board Week if you dont stay in the huts...

ive been in the huts since 2003. before that i pulled my 27' travel trailer down and stayed up the road a piece. i like the privacy of the trailer vs the huts but i like being on base better. the place i used to stay had zero shade and after a day in the hot sun, it was pretty miserable...

Batman, glad to see you signed up. are you going to shoot in the league this year?

david

Maranatha
04-07-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm signed up for the Carbine, Springfield & Garand. It shoot be a Great Time

Kimber45
04-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm signed up for the Carbine, Springfield & Garand. It shoot be a Great Time

Hey Gary, me too!!! ;-)

We didn't make it to Cabela's in Sidney today due to the wind storm and snow in Wyoming and Western Nebraska this morning. The sun is shining now and it is going into the 70's tommorrow though. We'll go on sunday.

Maranatha
04-07-2006, 08:03 PM
John, did you see me e-mail on the Carbine match, 7:30 AM

appliancebrad
04-07-2006, 10:41 PM
whats that run a night?

you REALLY havent experienced Camp Perry and Board Week if you dont stay in the huts...

ive been in the huts since 2003. before that i pulled my 27' travel trailer down and stayed up the road a piece. i like the privacy of the trailer vs the huts but i like being on base better. the place i used to stay had zero shade and after a day in the hot sun, it was pretty miserable...

david

We are going to Pistol SAFS and will stay in the huts then. I couldn't beat my $10 per night deal from last year but I got the room for $59 this time. We are right on the lake and a very short drive from the range.

Kimber45
04-08-2006, 07:57 AM
John, did you see me e-mail on the Carbine match, 7:30 AM

Gary, I don't have email access but you did tell me about that. Guess we'll be getting up early.

Maranatha
04-08-2006, 01:34 PM
and they will be providing M1 Carbine Ammo

Batman
04-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Batman, glad to see you signed up. are you going to shoot in the league this year?

I will show up and pull the trigger!:fa: We'll see where the rounds end up!

Yes, I'm hoping to make as many shoot as possible, though I know I will miss a few.:)

Batman
04-10-2006, 09:37 PM
the place i used to stay had zero shade and after a day in the hot sun, it was pretty miserable...

We're camping at the East Harbor State Park. We stayed there last summer. I like the Ohio parks web site as you can select a shady or sunny site. Since I knew I was going to Perry this summer I had my pick of the park as I reserved my site in January. We have shade and we're right on the water.

One piece of advice to all who go(IMHO). I would and did select the a.m. rotations for all events. Why?

You can get a parking space right on the range no problem. In the afternoon your going to walk, and walk, and walk, and...!
It's cooler in the morning, so it's easier to ware that stiff shooting cost.
Their's typically less wind in the morning, better accuracy.
The ass drenching thunder storms usually occur in the afternoon, by then your gear is tucked into car and secure.
When done shooting you have all afternoon to loiter around vender row, in the AC eating Springfield's popcorn while watching a shooting vedio.
You can get into Jolly Roger's with out a wait by betting the p.m. shooters!:)

OldDoggy
04-12-2006, 07:24 PM
All signed up and paid. Shooting the carbine , springfield and garand. Anyone been through the SAFS ? I'm thinking of signing up for that too. Shot bronze last year in the garand match , first time there , had a ball. Hope to see ya'll there , Don