PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Mounted Shooting

Flygirl
04-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I recently came across this sport. I have never heard of it before (not surprising, there's a lot I don't know), but they have a great website with cool photos:
www.cowboymountedshooting.com

They are hosting an event in Michigan in June...both June 3-4.

Custer's Cowboys: Spring Warm Up Double Points, 6/4/2006, R Bar C Ranch and Arena; Elsie, MI....Contact Clayton Case (989) 224-6745 or Ammo Producer; Dan App

If anyone is interested, it might be fun to go as a group....if we can figure out where Elsie, MI is....

fbuckner
04-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I know where Elsie is one of the states biggest Non Foriegn dairy farms is over there.

Ken P
04-09-2006, 01:01 PM
....if we can figure out where Elsie, MI is....

It's just a tad north east of Duplain, and due east of Hubbardson and Maple Rapids 8)

(about 35 miles NE of Lansing

Done Deal
04-09-2006, 03:28 PM
That looks like an event for horse people with guns rather than gun people with horses. From the looks of it, mastery of Mr Ed would have to come before mastery of Mr Colt.

Rolex Dr.
04-09-2006, 07:05 PM
i deer hunt in elsie
h stay with family in Ovid

cool town kinda quiet

it is about 8 miles south of the rifle border (m 47- or 57 always forget) and it is east of us 27

JD

Flygirl
04-09-2006, 11:07 PM
From the listing on their website, there are also events in Ohio on other dates. These might even be more convenient than the MI event. Could be an alternative.

Tank
04-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Cowboy action shooting can be quite exciting. Not only do they have to have the mastery of the animal, but also the skill to fire their shot at (most often) moving targets (balloons) and to top it all off they have to do it against a clock and get the best time.

If they do more than the horse mounted activities, the 2-3 gun shoots are exciting as well. Most often they're a steel plate shoot against the clock and other competitors.