PDA

View Full Version : looking for hunting land

durrango
04-09-2006, 05:46 PM
My son (15) and I are looking for some land to deer hunt close to Ann Arbor. We hunted the public land by Waterloo but felt it was too crowded. We hunt bow, rifle and black powder season. Is there anyone around who has some extra space on their lot for 2 careful hunters who practice deer management. I would even consider leasing if the price was right. Thanks...

Mike Curtis

durrango
04-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, my son is now 16 and got his first deer last year on State land. I am asking again if any one knows of some land near Ann Arbor (within 50 miles or so) where someone might let 2 careful hunters out during any season (bow, rifle or black powder)? I would still consider sharing a lease with someone if the land and the price was right. Thanks again...

Mike Curtis

Diverdave
04-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Durrango,
It's been a few years but my friend and I hunted on farm land on the north side of Monroe County. The owner was enrolled in the Hunter Access Program through the MDNR. Check here: http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10371_14724---,00.html

One thing I do remember is that the CO's would be sitting there everytime we came out of the woods in the evening to check to see if our shotguns were loaded. Always were as we had flashlights.