PDA

View Full Version : DEA agent sues for ruining his own career

Combat Commander
04-11-2006, 08:14 PM
DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S.http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0411061inside1.jpg (http://www.thesmokinggun.com//graphics/movies/deaagentfoot.wmv)
Seeks damages for distribution of humiliating gun accident video

APRIL 11--A Drug Enforcement Administration agent who stars in a popular online video that shows him shooting himself in the foot during a weapons demonstration for Florida children is suing over the tape's release, claiming that his career has been crippled and he's become a laughingstock due to the embarrassing clip's distribution. Lee Paige, 45, blames the video's release on DEA officials in an April 7 federal lawsuit filed against the U.S. government. A copy of the pro se complaint by Paige, a DEA agent since 1990, can be found below. According to the lawsuit, Paige was making a "drug education presentation" in April 2004 to a Florida youth group when his firearm (a Glock .40) accidentally discharged. The shooting occurred moments after Paige told the children that he was the only person in the room professional enough to carry the weapon. The accident was filmed by an audience member, and the tape, Paige claims, was turned over to the DEA. The drug agency subsequently "improperly, illegally, willfully and/or intentionally" allowed the tape to be disseminated. As a result, Paige--pictured above in a still from the video--has been the "target of jokes, derision, ridicule, and disparaging comments" directed at him in restaurants, grocery stores, and airports. Paige, who writes that he was "once regarded as one of the best undercover agents, if not the best, in the DEA," points to the clip's recent airing on popular television shows and via the Internet as the reason he can no longer work undercover. He also notes that he is no longer "permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations."

Link to story (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html)

Divegeek
04-12-2006, 05:15 AM
Waaahhh, next time don't shoot your self moron. Especially right after bragging about how good you are.

RS2
04-12-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm predicting an early summary judgment ruling.

And further jokes, derision, ridicule, and disparaging comments.

keyjockey
04-12-2006, 05:40 PM
What an *******.

Tank
04-12-2006, 08:19 PM
:roll:

I hadn't read the story, but as soon as I clicked on the video I saw it coming like a Freight Train wreck. You just couldn't look away!!

What a ******ing moron! HELLO... clear chamber, and leave loaded magazine in? :togo:

Flygirl
04-13-2006, 01:51 PM
He also notes that he is no longer "permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations."

Let us give thanks.

Perhaps he should be counseled out of law enforcement and into either the food service or housekeeping industries.

Quaamik
04-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I predict an early judgment as well.

The problem is, I think he'll win. After all, it's not his fault. He's handicapped. He's missing his brain.

HkP7
04-16-2006, 06:40 PM
"im the only one in this room proffesional enough to carry a glock 40..." What a moron, Im suprised the people didn't clear the room any faster.

Divegeek
04-17-2006, 05:36 AM
No, no, no, it's a "glock foty". :lol:

Done Deal
04-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Looks like he might be shooting himself in the foot again...

But, then you can have officers say shoot me while in the PD and then it happens and then....well, they didn't violate any laws for discharging a weapon in the city cuz they were working....what a joke...

Beretta151
04-24-2006, 05:05 AM
A few observations is as the gun is getting handed to him he mentions that it's an unloaded gun but manages to shoot himself in the foot? isn't that why you always check the chamber of the gun? and you gotta love the refernece to the famous rappers.... but hey you really got to hand it to him for attempting to finish his speech with a bullethole in the foot

Knimrod
04-24-2006, 10:30 AM
From what I can tell, he did check the chamber and had someone else check it too. What he neglected to do was eject the magazine. When he released the slide lock, he chambered a new round. I'm not sure why he pulled the trigger though.