PDA

View Full Version : How many non gun owners have you taken shooting in the last 12 months?

Knimrod
04-23-2006, 11:50 PM
How many non gun owners have you taken shooting in the last 12 months?

Divegeek
04-24-2006, 05:32 AM
Hey, I'm first. I had to think hard for a minute there. Then I remembered that I took my brother in law. I've been trying to get some of the guys from work, but that hasn't happened yet.

bassplayer
04-24-2006, 06:28 AM
My younger brother. He's still on the fence as to what type of pistol to buy. I'll be taking him out again to try more pistols.

appliancebrad
04-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Teaching Hunter Safety, I work with a bunch of new shooters. Aside from that, we regularly invite our children's friends to the range with us. The chance to shoot is pretty attractive to the 14-17 year old set. Of course we require their parents permission (direct from a parent) and we closely supervise them. they usually have a ball and want to know when they can go again.

Barbara
04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Russell. :)

Outdoorzman
04-25-2006, 12:13 AM
I had to vote 1-2 but it's actually zero. :(

But with the work schedule letting up a bit, I've been wanting to get back into 3-gun and I'll be asking "again" everyone I know to go with my equipment.
But sad to say even all of my "HUNTER friends won't get more involved. Any suggestions?

NickS
04-25-2006, 08:48 AM
IMHO, to make it a completely valid poll, a category of "None" or "0" should have been added.

Knimrod
04-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Sheesh... You guys are rough. "none" option added. :shiner:

Batman
04-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Was shooting up at Bluewater last week and a member and his girl friend were watching. At the end of our get together we have open shooting and he came up and was shooting one of the RO's glocks. The girl friend was just standing there watching so I said "come on step up to the line". I had her shooting my Glock 34. She said she had never fired a handgun before.8)

Done Deal
04-26-2006, 05:52 AM
I had to vote none...

But, gimme a break...I don't even hang with many folks that don't own guns.

Landor
04-26-2006, 02:44 PM
I took my father in-law. I thought he was going to shoot me with my gun.. lol

Just kidding.. He had fun..

SPIKE
04-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I have the privelege of taking many non gun owners, parents and children, shooting once a year on our Boy Scout "Shooting Sports" weekend.
It is the best attended event of the year. Last year over 60 people, moms, dad's and children attended at Williams Gunsight, more than 1/3 had never fired a long gun before, let alone shot skeet and trap and 22's on the target range..
A good time was had by all...It is especially gratifying to turn soccer moms and dads into shotgun shooters. It opens their eyes to the sport aspect of guns.
This year we go to Atlanta Sportsmen Club for some more fun.
Mike

Scouting is a great way to spend quality time with your children.

Going Broke
05-11-2006, 08:27 PM
I have to say none. Not that I don,t want to but the Indian River Sportsman club wont let non members on the range due to insurance.