PDA

View Full Version : Woods-N-Water Volunteers needed!!! 9/9 to 9/11

Barrettone
08-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Howdy Folks!!!

MGO will be attending this event, and is looking for volunteers to help man the booth (with our new display items). If you can be of help, drop me a PM, and we'll plug you in. There is going to be fun o' plenty at this event, and I want everybody to take time to see the show while they are there. This is THE PREMIERE OUTDOOR EVENT in Michigan. Please consider coming out to enjoy and help grow YOUR organization. Secondly, don't forget that we are drawing for a gun at the end of the year from those that show up and volunteer at MGO events!!! I look forward to hearing from you. Ladies and kids are, of course, welcome.

Read below for details and links:

http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sissue-37607.292113-p24128.112113-Outdoor-Weekend-2008.html

Celebrate Michigan's outdoor heritage with us!
At the 2011 Woods-N-Water News Outdoor Weekend in Imlay City, Michigan

The Woods-N-Water News Outdoor Weekend is celebrating it's 25th season. Like always the first weekend after Labor Day, September 9th, 10th and 11th. And this one promises to be the best yet!

With crowds expected well over 15,000 show-goers and growing, we're happy to be known as an outdoor event which "Celebrates our outdoor heritage."

Another area we are proud of is being able to keep the price to attend low, $8.00 per adult and 12 and under free. It is also free to park.

Visitors will be treated to timely and informative seminar speakers, quality outdoor merchandise to purchase, entertainment and lots of hands on things to see and do. Like past Outdoor Weekends we expect all available space to be sold out, well over 175 exhibitors.

Outdoor Weekend Old
bullet All kinds of outdoor merchandise for sale
bullet Need a New Hunting Buddy? Visit our Puppy Tent!
bullet Ultimate Air Dogs Presents: The Ultimate AirGame Finals!
bullet An Outdoor Weekend Favorite!
bullet Charlie Linblade dog training seminars and The Waterfowlers' Area...
bullet One of a kind performance!
bullet Living History... A step back in time!
bullet Traditional Black Powder Hunting
bullet Fishing Tackle Road Show With Free Appraisals!
bullet And there is more for the fisherman in the crowd...

shadow
Extras
mail e-mail this article link to a friend
letter letter to the editor about this article
print print this article
share Larger | Smaller

shadow
There is a lot for everyone in the entire family to enjoy, great carnival type food, as well as traditional buffalo burgers, turkey drumsticks, jerky and venison stick samples. It's also a great opportunity for the kids of all ages to see live whitetail deer, and other exotic animals. You won't want to miss or visit one more time to see world class trophy whitetail bucks.

Everyone loves our Puppy Tent area where hundreds of hunting breed puppies find new homes. The Ultimate Air Dogs will be back at the Outdoor Weekend once again, with dogs not only from Micigan, but dogs from all across the country hoping to be crowned the new National Champ. The frontier encampment and civil war encampment area is back by popular demand as is the primitive skills area.

Most of the plans are in place for this year's Outdoor Weekend We are appreciative of our exhibitors, sponsors and show-goers, so mark your calendars for September, 9th, 10th and 11th. The Outdoor Weekend opens on Friday, Sept. 9 at 5 p.m. and closes at 9 p.m. On Saturday the show hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Our staff here at the Woods-N-Water News looks forward to seeing you all again.

(Editor's Note: For more information visit our website at: www.woods-n-waternews.com or www.outdoorweekend.net)

Barrettone
08-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Times for show are:

Friday 5pm-9pm
Saturday 9am-7pm
Sunday 9am-5pm

Volunteer Slots Available are in RED:

Barrettone - Friday (Set-up to 5pm then floating when needed throughout weekend)
- Friday (4pm -Close)
oldskoolford427 - Friday (4pm -Close)

- Saturday AM (9am-2pm)
- Saturday AM (9am-2pm)

miked - Saturday PM (2pm-Close)
Mouse08 - Saturday PM (2pm-Close)

mopedman - Sunday AM (9AM-1PM)
mpmgirl2701 - Sunday AM (9AM-1PM)

mopedman - Sunday PM (1pm-Close)
mpmgirl2701 - Sunday PM (1pm-Close)

***It is better to have at least two for the booth at all the time slots in case someone needs a bathroom/food break.

mopedman
08-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Me and mpmgirl2701 are in for Sunday 9 to 1, possably to close too. I will let you know on the to close thing.

Barrettone
08-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Me and mpmgirl2701 are in for Sunday 9 to 1, possably to close too. I will let you know on the to close thing.

Got it...Please send me a pm with your contact cell # so I have a way to get a hold of you. I will leave the pm slots open until you can commit.

Thanks,
Jeff

CnA
08-31-2011, 03:27 PM
I can do Saturday AM.

Barrettone
09-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I can do Saturday AM.

Noted...thanks!!!

miked
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I can do Saturday PM (2pm-close).

oldskoolford427
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Pencil me in for Friday and I will have to see If I can do more.

Barrettone
09-04-2011, 12:23 PM
C'mon guys and gals...we need more help...

mopedman
09-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Me and my girl will take the rest of Sunday since no one is jumping in for it.

CnA
09-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I can do Saturday AM.

Hate to do this, but I have to back out. Had some storm damage up north and have to go up next weekend to get repairs done.

Signess
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
C'mon guys and gals...we need more help...

I'm sorry I can't help this year Jeff. I had this scheduled immediately after last years event. It was a good time, a little wet, but a good time none the less. Due to a recent job change, I can't ask for the time off yet. I'm on call that weekend, and being that far out of the area is definitely out of the question.

Sorry you're having a bummer of a time finding folks. Good luck!

Barrettone
09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Still 4 slots empty...

Barrettone
09-06-2011, 09:04 PM
3 slots left...

mopedman
09-06-2011, 10:46 PM
My budy Bill is going to come out and help all day Sunday with me and my girl.

Do we need passes for this show? Or do we have to pay to get in?

Barrettone
09-06-2011, 11:51 PM
My budy Bill is going to come out and help all day Sunday with me and my girl.

Do we need passes for this show? Or do we have to pay to get in?

I will have passes at will-call for you.

mopedman
09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
What are there rules on open carry?

Kilt Guy
09-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I open carried there last year. Not one word was said.

Barrettone
09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
As long as the show has no rule against it, our official MGO stance is that we support all legal forms of carry.

mopedman
09-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Cool I open carry at most of the shows. Just never been to woods and waters.

Barrettone
09-08-2011, 08:05 PM
If you are working the booth, then simply park at the show, and go to the "will call" for vendors. They will have our booth number and location, and you will be on file under your MGO call sign. The booth will be set up and the trailer combo will be available by calling me at my phone number listed in my signature if it is not open for you. Make sure you have my number with you in case you need to have any questions answered.

Thanks for all you do.

Jeff

mpmgirl2701
09-11-2011, 08:10 AM
UPDATE: WOODS-N-WATER is NOT allowing legal open carry!

Mouse08
09-11-2011, 10:05 AM
It's not government owned land. The Fairgrounds are owned and operated by a non-profit group. Which means they get to make the rules.

That being said, I saw a number of folks open carrying yesterday and no one said anything to them about it.

Signess
09-11-2011, 11:09 AM
UPDATE: WOODS-N-WATER is NOT allowing legal open carry!

Did you experience an issue?

mopedman
09-11-2011, 05:42 PM
They had signs posted today. I asked them why they told me because it was 9/11.

jacuzzibusguy
09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
All the more reason to carry!

*edit*. I meant that 911 was all the more reason to carry, but that it would be inappropriate to carry against the private property owners wishes.

miked
09-12-2011, 06:59 AM
I saw people OC'ing on Saturday and no one said anything to me while I was there

Signess
09-12-2011, 07:26 AM
I saw people OC'ing on Saturday and no one said anything to me while I was there

I think it was "just Sunday 9/11". Still can't see where that would make a difference, as a matter of fact... It makes no sense what so ever. I wonder if they had metal detectors and bomb sniffing dogs as well to combat the real threats?!?

Mouse08
09-12-2011, 10:40 PM
The sign was up Saturday when Mike and I worked. It was not very prominent.

miked
09-13-2011, 07:02 AM
The sign was up Saturday when Mike and I worked. It was not very prominent.

I never saw it.

mopedman
09-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Yea, every one I talked to said they didn't see a sign till Sunday.

Mouse08
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
LOL...Guess I'm just a bit more observant than others. Seriously, I'm trained to pick out the one kid out of 200 in the marching band that is chewing gum. A sign is a no brainer.