PDA

View Full Version : Newb

52niner
05-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Hey guys ,

My name is jay I go by 52niner cause that was my nick during Bosnia. I was in the USMC 95 to 99 and reserve another 4. Don't ask me how I stayed out of Iraq only God knows the answer to that. My MOS was EOD.

I live in Van Buren Twp otherwise known as little Belleville ( LOL) I am married for 6 years now have 2 boys Evan and Tyler. I like guns, R/C Airplanes and I also have a 55 Gallon FUll Reef Tank. Thanks

fbuckner
05-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Glad your tour was a safe one for you. Come out to the free family firearms day with the youngins so we can put a face with the name.

Autumnlovr
05-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Welcome, pull up a chair, sit a spell, tell us a story.

Tank
05-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Welcome aboard

M1911A1
05-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Welcome! Glad you found us!
You find a few other Marines around here as well. (I'm not one but my dad was)

enfield
05-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Welcome!

Kouger
05-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the boards

My name is jay I go by 52niner cause that was my nick during Bosnia. I was in the USMC 95 to 99 and reserve another 4. Don't ask me how I stayed out of Iraq only God knows the answer to that. My MOS was EOD.

Welcome Back and Thank you!!!!!!!

I live in Van Buren Twp otherwise known as little Belleville ( LOL)

I know that whole area well....my brother lived there for years. lot of good times around there....airshows...strawberry festivals....4H fairs......ohhhhhhh.the memories!!!!!!

I am married for 6 years now have 2 boys Evan and Tyler.

11 years........6 kids......:roll: :hang:

I like guns, R/C Airplanes and I also have a 55 Gallon FUll Reef Tank. Thanks

back then I wasnt into guns nearly like I am now...though i did shoot.

but was big time into RC....topped out with 52 total planes ready for the air
did some pylon racing ( sig Kougar with OS 91s on a 50 size )

2 ducted fans ( and F-4 Phantom and an F-14 Eagle dual engine,dual radio ( futaba 9ch pcm's))

ahhhhhhhhh..........the days of flying and crashing ( if you fly..you will crash)

down to 1 dog , 1 Green Cheek Conure Parrot and 2 newts ( i know..i know...little slimy legs that do nothing but look ugly but the kids like them) and looking at the possibilities of a female Eclectus Parrot ( http://www.eclectusparrot.com/index.shtml ) ( if you hit that page....she would be the coloring of the pic...top right )

( ok...enough out of me..i got long winded )

52niner
05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Ya after having 2 kids I said the Dog Idea was out the window cause I didn't want another thing to babysit so the tank does pretty good for me. Right now I have a Great Planes Cessna 172 and a nextstar. I like to hotdog trainers and scale models to see what they can take. I only crashed once so far and it wasn't even my fault.

I used to fly for signal seekers out in Inkster and the ILS approach into metro was right there so one time I was flying and this A320 flew over and I stayed super low but some of the radios or what not got some interference and I lost control of it.

Kouger
05-06-2006, 10:55 PM
I flew with the Livonia RibCrackers