PDA

View Full Version : Website posting leads to robbery of Newcastle gun owner (Canada)

Knimrod
05-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Website posting leads to robbery of Newcastle gun owner
May 06, 2006
By Jason Satur
680 News Radio

Durham Police say thieves likely used a website posting to trace a gun owner, break into his Newcastle home, rip his safe off the wall and steal rifles, shotguns, pistols and bullets.

Durham Police Detective Constable Geoff Ingram urged gun owners to be cautious in posting information that could be used to identify themselves. In this case, Ingram said the victim had some guns for sale on a website and posted his home phone number.

The thieves broke in sometime Thursday afternoon and ransacked the home.

The cache of weapons including two rifles, three shotguns, three pistols, two samurai swords and a .50-calibre muzzle loader were all legally owned and stored with trigger locks.

The crooks simply yanked the safe from the wall it was bolted to and escaped, according to Ingram.

Link to story (http://www.680news.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20060506_083246_2920)

Done Deal
05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Like Forrest said, "Stupid is as stupid does"

Posting your telephone number on the net can be inviting trouble for sure.

Cherokee
05-10-2006, 02:24 PM
How well do you know me, or I, you? Just because we share a love for firearms, doesnt mean everyone here is someone you can trust. I hate to think this could be true of anyone here, but it can happen. I say people shouldnt talk about thier personal arsonal at ANY time.