PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT709

BD1911
09-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Can anyone give me some feedback on this gun? I'm looking for a first pistol, something I could use as a range gun and later for the CPL class. I found one of these online. Nice looking IMO, compact, but the reputation of Taurus products is sketchy at best and reviews are all over the board. Thoughts?

TomE
09-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Check out
taurusarmed.net
you have to join to see the complaints section . I had 2 PT709's ,I have 0 now :thup:

wchancey
09-10-2011, 12:59 AM
I have one with over 1000's rounds thorugh it . Its my main daily carry. Never had a problem with it.

wchancey
09-10-2011, 01:00 AM
I have one with over 1000's rounds thorugh it . Its my main daily carry. Never had a problem with it.

wchancey
09-10-2011, 01:00 AM

ImJin Scout
09-10-2011, 07:59 AM
The gun has been fine, you can find complaints on every gun out there,. I bought this for the wife and it is her main carry gun. It is small, lightweight and easily hidden, she uses a crossbreed mini-tuck.

The only thing about the gun is it shoots a little low left, and seems to be a common complaint. It does have rear adjustable sights to help with the sighting issue's, but for a small carry gun you won't be shooting bullseye with it, for around $300.00 I think it was a good deal, hope this helps

Yance
09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
The gun has been fine, you can find complaints on every gun out there,. I bought this for the wife and it is her main carry gun. It is small, lightweight and easily hidden, she uses a crossbreed mini-tuck.

The only thing about the gun is it shoots a little low left, and seems to be a common complaint. It does have rear adjustable sights to help with the sighting issue's, but for a small carry gun you won't be shooting bullseye with it, for around $300.00 I think it was a good deal, hope this helps

That could also be her finger placement on the trigger. Have her do some dry fires, or use some snap caps to see if shes jerking any when she pulls the trigger. I used to jerk and my groups were all low left, used some snap caps and realized I was jerking, after a few days playing with the snap caps and working on my trigger control and finger placement I was hitting bullseyes.