PDA

View Full Version : CrossBreed Supertuck after 1 year!

Wolvee
09-09-2011, 08:29 AM
This is my Crossbreed Supertuck holster after almost a full year of wearing it about every other day. It's in great condition and I'd recommend it to anyone. This one is for the FNX & FNP 9's & .40's. It also fits my S&W M&P.357sig, Ruger SR9c, P226, all Glocks and even my Glock20. (which shares it's frame with the G30 .45)

cD2I-v8-zQk
Rate comment and Subscribe so I can make more videos

steve126a
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
I love my Supertuck. Very comfortable and very concealable. I recommend them to everyone I know who is looking for a good IWB holster.

Buffman
09-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Mine looks about the same. Maybe a little more wear on the backside but I took a class with it in 90*F+ heat, and have walked my dogs on numerous 2+ mile walks in the same heat with it.. I love mine. Can't complain about being able to conceal a full size pistol in tighter clothes, and it being comfortable. 4 hour drive no problem :)

John_376
09-14-2011, 04:49 PM
I where mine daily. Very comfortable. The only issue I have is the front site of my Smith and Wesson M&P 40c has worn a groove through the kydex.

pgaplayerless
09-14-2011, 04:55 PM
This is my Crossbreed Supertuck holster after almost a full year of wearing it about every other day. It's in great condition and I'd recommend it to anyone. This one is for the FNX & FNP 9's & .40's. It also fits my S&W M&P.357sig, Ruger SR9c, P226, all Glocks and even my Glock20. (which shares it's frame with the G30 .45)

cD2I-v8-zQk
Rate comment and Subscribe so I can make more videos

you sure dont get out much :lol: My holster has 10x more wear. :p

Goofball1205
11-17-2011, 11:59 PM
I really like mine as well. My only complaint is the piece of leather is really wide. I wish they could trim it down a little. I can't wear mine at 12 o'clock and sit in my car because the leather blocks where my legs bends at the hip. I was thinking of cutting it down but after paying $90 for it I'm hesitant to mess it up.

Wolvee
11-18-2011, 12:04 AM
I really like mine as well. My only complaint is the piece of leather is really wide. I wish they could trim it down a little. I can't wear mine at 12 o'clock and sit in my car because the leather blocks where my legs bends at the hip. I was thinking of cutting it down but after paying $90 for it I'm hesitant to mess it up.

Just cut it. People do it all the time.

donald150
11-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Just cut it. People do it all the time.

+1

It is about $7.00 worth of material if that make you feel better.

XDM 40 cal
11-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Wearing mine right now ...One very good holster...

Yea, i trimed mine to fit me...

ro2
11-18-2011, 07:24 PM
love my cross breed, just wish I wouldnt have been so stubborn and bought one earlier

Wolvee
11-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah as you guys can tell the thing has held up very well and barely shows any wear.

gidaeon
11-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Are the belt clips on yours kydex or some metal? They look very different (and an improvement) from what mine came with January 2008.

I have a SuperTuck and while its comfy the belt clips are a big disappointment with a quality belt. IMO I think I originally paid for some kind of "C" belt clip as well at time of order so I suppose I should dig them out.

Wolvee
11-18-2011, 10:39 PM
They are metal with a thick enamel.

XDM 40 cal
11-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Mine are metal too....

rugersingleshot
12-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Love mine, horsehide worn at 3:30. EDC Kimber Aluminum Stainless Compact

Leader
12-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Are the belt clips on yours kydex or some metal? They look very different (and an improvement) from what mine came with January 2008.

I have a SuperTuck and while its comfy the belt clips are a big disappointment with a quality belt. IMO I think I originally paid for some kind of "C" belt clip as well at time of order so I suppose I should dig them out.

His are metal.

A quick phone call to Crossbreed will get a set mailed to you FREE and in my case quickly.

dougwg
12-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I refuse to purchase anything from that guy. I feel he's bat-chit crazy.

Wolvee
12-11-2011, 10:36 AM

What guy?

tote'ngranny
12-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Yup. The owner.

Wolvee
12-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Crazy doesn't mean it's not a good product.

tote'ngranny
12-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Might be for some .. but not for me. The owner was an azz over the phone when I courteously explained my problem with the cant. Oh well .. I ended up with a much better holster.

Wolvee
12-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Might be for some .. but not for me. The owner was an azz over the phone when I courteously explained my problem with the cant. Oh well .. I ended up with a much better holster.

That means he has poor CS, not that he's crazy. Were you trying to return it or complain about it when you called CB?

Ruger
12-11-2011, 12:11 PM
I had the CB for a week and after having that hunk of leather I called for an RMA and was quizzed by the owner (asking me how much I eat at a sitting was just one of his questions). I simply told him that it was not for me and he got a little irate and handed the phone off to some calm and nice speaking lady and the item was returned. Bat Crazy ain't the word for this guy!
I've known 5 others that have and love their CB's but those boys don't have enough meat on them to feed a starving dog.

Wolvee
12-11-2011, 12:38 PM
I had the CB for a week and after having that hunk of leather I called for an RMA and was quizzed by the owner (asking me how much I eat at a sitting was just one of his questions). I simply told him that it was not for me and he got a little irate and handed the phone off to some calm and nice speaking lady and the item was returned. Bat Crazy ain't the word for this guy!
I've known 5 others that have and love their CB's but those boys don't have enough meat on them to feed a starving dog.

LOL. I ordered mine from Midway so I haven't dealt with him or the company directly. Unfortunately I am not the 34" waist I was in the military and I'm sadly hovering around 44". I have noticed some issues carrying if I'm wearing my tighter fitting jeans but that would probably be true for just about any IWB. My experience with the holster has been very good. This thread is just a data point for anyone looking or thinking about buying one.

The owner does sound like a real piece of work. He sounds like the owner of Maxped who I've had to deal with a few times. He gets crazy pissed whenever anyone questions his products too. Overall though just like Maxped, it's a good product and I'll still buy them. The same goes for Crossbreed.

jmilch
12-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Crazy doesn't mean it's not a good product.

Poor customer service sadly almost always interrupts a product from being sold.

I also had a terrible time with him, over a obvious mistake on an order. I ended up getting my refund, and ordering a kholster. Just my experience.

mini4m3
12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Comptac > Crossbreed

The dude's crazy as heck

Leader
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Every time I've dealt with him, I was 100% satisfied.
He resolved my problem politely over the phone in minutes & my new clips were at my house three days later.
And it certainly is the most comfortably holster I have tried to date.
The Kolster I bought was a waste of money and didn't see two weeks of service before it was retired to the drawer. That is the second one, first one had to be sent back.

jmilch
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Every time I've dealt with him, I was 100% satisfied.
He resolved my problem politely over the phone in minutes & my new clips were at my house three days later.

You must have gotten another employee, or he had his meds:vader:

Buffman
12-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I dealt with Mark directly on an issue I had with the belt my wife bought me for our anniversary. He told me to send it back, and took care of me 100%. No Complaints here.

dpgperftest
12-11-2011, 04:57 PM
My S/T is 2 years and look and works great I would recommend the snapside too:cheers:

rambro
12-13-2011, 04:37 PM
you sure dont get out much :lol: My holster has 10x more wear. :p

same holster, or same style ?

rambro
12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
His are metal.

A quick phone call to Crossbreed will get a set mailed to you FREE and in my case quickly.

do i need to show a recepit ?

rambro
12-13-2011, 04:48 PM
LOL. I ordered mine from Midway so I haven't dealt with him or the company directly. Unfortunately I am not the 34" waist I was in the military and I'm sadly hovering around 44". I have noticed some issues carrying if I'm wearing my tighter fitting jeans but that would probably be true for just about any IWB. My experience with the holster has been very good. This thread is just a data point for anyone looking or thinking about buying one.

The owner does sound like a real piece of work. He sounds like the owner of Maxped who I've had to deal with a few times. He gets crazy pissed whenever anyone questions his products too. Overall though just like Maxped, it's a good product and I'll still buy them. The same goes for Crossbreed.

Never dealt with him, i bought mine used. Well not really used since it was like new, but from another guy.

That is ghey, the holster is the same but people vary from 4'9 to 6'9 and from as low as 88 lbs to as much as 400 lbs. This sample can be found at any large highschool with 1500 or 2000 kids.

It gets considerably wider if you make the sample size millions of people, you get midgets to sumo wrestlers. Both of which have the same reason to pack as i do.

What a *****.

Mine is ok, but the comp tac is better in every way, cheaper, and even looks better (not huge deal since it is hidden, but the cross breed looks real hokey, a few people asked me if i made it myself). http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

I think if he sold it for 20% less than comp tac he might be onto something.

I think galco or desantis started making a clone for around half the price, and it looks better, and seems more refined.

Anyone know what i am talking about, the name escapes me.

Leader
12-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Never dealt with him, i bought mine used. Well not really used since it was like new, but from another guy.

That is ghey, the holster is the same but people vary from 4'9 to 6'9 and from as low as 88 lbs to as much as 400 lbs. This sample can be found at any large highschool with 1500 or 2000 kids.

It gets considerably wider if you make the sample size millions of people, you get midgets to sumo wrestlers. Both of which have the same reason to pack as i do.

What a *****.

Mine is ok, but the comp tac is better in every way, cheaper, and even looks better (not huge deal since it is hidden, but the cross breed looks real hokey, a few people asked me if i made it myself). http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

I think if he sold it for 20% less than comp tac he might be onto something.

I think galco or desantis started making a clone for around half the price, and it looks better, and seems more refined.

Anyone know what i am talking about, the name escapes me.

I'm thinking maybe a Crossbreed isn't for you.
Go buy something that is made better, looks better, fits better, and is cheaper. You'll be much happier.

rambro
12-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm thinking maybe a Crossbreed isn't for you.
Go buy something that is made better, looks better, fits better, and is cheaper. You'll be much happier.

I already have a cross breed. I am saying i also have a minatour from comp tac.

I am saying its not a bad holster, just for how it looks it should be cheaper, they obviously have less details and less material in it, half the kydex, and no stitching, and mine had plastic belt loops.

It works, and it fits, i am just surprised he can get people to pay $80-$90.

dpgperftest
12-14-2011, 12:17 AM
His are metal.

Mark is a great guy to do business with just don't try to :bs: him he will not put up with trolls

Yes give them a call they will send you some better clips no questions asked at no cost to you.

Some people out here hacked the holster up than wanted their money back can you believe the nerve of some people and Their are on this thread :headinj:

rambro
12-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Mark is a great guy to do business with just don't try to :bs: him he will not put up with trolls

Yes give them a call they will send you some better clips no questions asked at no cost to you.

Some people out here hacked the holster up than wanted their money back can you believe the nerve of some people and Their are on this thread :headinj:
dang you cant do that?! Thanks for sharing. I like mine, it just looks hella cheap. Like i said, a few people thought i made it myself.

dpzhn
02-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I've been trying to convince myself to spend the money for a crossbreed. They look to be the best out there for comfort. They do look large but form fitting. Thanks for the review.

explodedview
11-12-2012, 07:39 PM
They are made extremely well and I have zero complaints. This is mine after a year and a half of just about every day, all day...
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t402/deadheroe76/st1.jpeg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t402/deadheroe76/st2.jpeg

scottzcamaro
11-13-2012, 05:11 PM
That dude was a dick that I talked to over the phone from crossbreed. .. But I did end up ordering it anways since IMO it's a very good IWB holster.... for when I go IWB. I'm more OWB now lol.

Pr0jeCt
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
similar build, less cost, made in MI

http://www.foxxholsters.com/

skidooboy
12-15-2012, 10:44 AM
similar build, less cost, made in MI

http://www.foxxholsters.com/

wow for those fox ones, you can buy two for the price of one crossbreed.

i do love my supertuck though. Ski

chill_shark
01-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the link, I may get one or two of those:-D