PDA

View Full Version : Oakland County CLEO for suppressor

new_newbie
09-14-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm sorry, but this will probably be an annoying question by now, and likely sound less than intelligent BUT I have a couple of questions about suppressor purchasing.

1. Being from Commerce Twp, we are policed by the Oakland County Sheriff (Bouchard). I've called the Records and Permits office (where I go to get my pistol purchase permits) several times, and NOBODY has any idea about the process for having the appropriate paper completed. They've even told be to call the ATF branch in Detroit for info...no thanks. I assume Bouchard probably does not have the time to personally sign these forms, nor do I know if he even will. What office do I go to, and who is supposed to sign it?

2. On the form 4, it asks for the Suppressor manufacturer, serial number, etc... For me to have this info, I must have purchased it and the class III dealer must hold it for me. I would hate to pay for the suppressor only to find out that I can't get the paperwork signed by the CLEO. (I don't know what the "return" policy would be in such a case). Am I misunderstanding the process?

Sorry for the lengthy message and for what are probably silly questions. I just want all my ducks lined up.

gassmann
09-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Ask for Diane Peters in the records branch. She does the NFA paperwork for OC. Nice lady, I met with her for my latest toy.

pgaplayerless
09-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Ask for Diane Peters in the records branch. She does the NFA paperwork for OC. Nice lady, I met with her for my latest toy.

This, tho she does it only for communities that OCSD services, not the whole oakland co.

She's surprisingly chatty and friendly unlike the usual stiffs that work in LE agencies.

rjrivero
09-15-2011, 07:23 AM
2. On the form 4, it asks for the Suppressor manufacturer, serial number, etc... For me to have this info, I must have purchased it and the class III dealer must hold it for me. I would hate to pay for the suppressor only to find out that I can't get the paperwork signed by the CLEO. (I don't know what the "return" policy would be in such a case). Am I misunderstanding the process?

You will have to purchase it, and leave it at the Dealer while the paperwork is being processed in most cases. The serial number MUST be on the form, and in order to take it out of inventory, the dealer will USUALLY require it is paid for first.