PDA

View Full Version : Supressor Recommendation for Ruger 22/45?

GRapidsGunOwner
09-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Was wondering if anyone has a specific recommendation for a suppressor for the new threaded 22/45? Thanks!

CallmeDave
09-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Outback IID

GRapidsGunOwner
09-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I was looking at that one and the one by tactical solutions. Have your heard much about that one? Thanks for the input.

Gloofy
09-17-2011, 10:54 PM
I ordered the Element (http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=488) for my 22/45

RECON762WT
09-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Hands down silencerco sparrow. Buy once cry once...

rjrivero
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Silencerco's Sparrow and AAC's Element are both excellent cans. I give the nod to the Sparrow for their smart take down and cleaning capabilities.

GarrettJ
09-18-2011, 08:01 PM
The thing is, the .22 LR is pretty easy to suppress effectively. The difference between a $200 can and a $600 can is going to come down to how much first-round pop you are going to get.

For example, you can hear the FRP from the TAC-67 (right hand) and none from the Element. After the first couple of shots, both sound the same.

kxpODfdYTbY

So really, you need to decide what features are most important to you and how much you want to spend.

For example, this can suppresses pretty well, but is a bit cumbersome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/GarrettJ/DSC01793.jpg

So some of the other features you might consider are overall length / weight, construction (aluminum, stainless, carbon steel, inconel), full-auto rated, ability to disassemble, assembly method, first-round pop (did I forget any?)

7.62 Nato shooter
09-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Silencerco's Sparrow and AAC's Element are both excellent cans. I give the nod to the Sparrow for their smart take down and cleaning capabilities.
+1 You are spot on. Both of these cans are excellent and top of the list for size vs. weight vs. sound reduction. The Sparrow's ingenious clam shell "tube with-in a tube" and ease of cleaning is why I bought one!

Dansjeep2000
09-29-2011, 07:43 AM
I have a Sparrow on order, the easy cleaning sold me.

RECON762WT
09-29-2011, 08:02 AM
I have a Sparrow on order, the easy cleaning sold me.
Nice choice.

Dansjeep2000
09-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Nice choice.
Can't wait, but alas its gonna take awhile

Griffin Armament
09-30-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm going to shamelessly recommend a Checkmate II, because it's the best can for the money. The Ruger was the best performing platform in tests of the 41DB suppressor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSyx_c0abtA

The hack that sells them prices them much closer to cost than the competition, and the price includes the $200 tax.

ltdave
09-30-2011, 06:35 PM
and the price includes the $200 tax.

seeing how youre in wisconsin, how does that work for us michiganians?

once all of our paperwork is completed and approved (and in hand) can you ship it directly to us or would we have to pick it up in person?

i thought we paid $200 (tax) to the feds with our papers, do we pay it to YOU too? or is the $445(+/-) listed just so we know what well have into it by the end of the deal?

Wolvee
09-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Pac-Lite upper w/ integral suppressor. There is no need for anything else.

Griffin Armament
10-01-2011, 03:56 AM
seeing how youre in wisconsin, how does that work for us michiganians?

once all of our paperwork is completed and approved (and in hand) can you ship it directly to us or would we have to pick it up in person?

i thought we paid $200 (tax) to the feds with our papers, do we pay it to YOU too? or is the $445(+/-) listed just so we know what well have into it by the end of the deal?

When a customer out of state buys our product we need a FFL/SOT of the transferring dealer with the order.

We form 3 tax exempt transfer to the dealer, at that point the dealer works up a form 4 with the customer, and that gets sent to us. We put the $200 check in for the NFA and that is the ONLY $200 tax for the transaction.

It's a promotion that allows the customer to buy a $500 market value product without it costing $700 after tax.

The #1 reason not to ever buy an integral is extreme loss of versatility. Our QD model can be swapped between 9 hosts for $665 including $200 NFA tax [1 can with coupler + 8 couplers]. The integral will likely cost more and will only provide one host weapon you can enjoy a suppressed sound signature on.

Granted the threading of barrels costs money, but you get the point. We had a customer who commissioned an integral suppressor on his bolt rifle- it was a $1500 suppressor + $200 stamp. <Awesome looking fine craftsmanship and all that, but hell it cost as much as a Les Baer 1911. The worst part? The 15 K baffles in the suppressor, when used in conjunction with similar velocity ammunition, produced a sound signature 2DB's louder than our $445 tax included thread mount.

We've been in the game for 4 years, and have been studying suppressors 6-18 hours a day for 12 years. A lot of shops are making a product without bothering to really study or care about designing the product. They make parts heavier because they don't want to increase R&D cost, they increase the product price needlessly, they sometimes copy an older obsolete market product and in general do the minimum required to get the customers money. The average shop puts a product together, hangs their hat and sells product, the good companies live and breathe the product.

It's like the difference between a cheap rail system and a Daniel Defense Rail System. In our experience it's better to buy the product from someone who really has their heart in the product.