PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Mark III 22/45 Threaded Models

GRapidsGunOwner
09-17-2011, 09:48 PM
There are two models, the one with picatinny rails and the iron sight. I was wondering if the iron sight is removable if I decide to add a rail. Any idea? I can't tell from Ruger's site.

Roddypipper
10-09-2011, 02:40 PM
I have the 22/45 and it comes with a rail when you buy it.
I took off the factory iron sights and bought a set of firesites from Williams Gunsite for $28.00

What I didnt like about the ruger sites is it took me a day and a year to sight it in at 50 yards. The Williams took me 12 shots and are much easier to use and even see.

I wa gonna put a aimpoint on it but trust me the Williams gunsite set up
glows so good in the dark and at 50 yards im in the donut all day.

Also if you buy the ruger buy a product called " the ulitmate cliploader" you can find them at alot of the catalog stores.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HoErjZVjqI
I bought 4 extra clips from Cabelas and they work great, they are ruger brand so not sure on how the knockoff clips work.

A

paramaster
10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
I have the Ruger Mk lll hunter. The rail does not interfere with the iron sights.
FYI All iron sights are removable.

RECON762WT
10-10-2011, 02:55 PM
There are two models, the one with picatinny rails and the iron sight. I was wondering if the iron sight is removable if I decide to add a rail. Any idea? I can't tell from Ruger's site.

As you stated, I believe you are looking at the two new threaded barrel versions they just recently introduced. I have my eye on the 22/45 that comes with the sights. On that model you can add top and bottom picitanny rail sections and keep the sights.

Awful Hugbot
10-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Roommate has this gun and the iron sights are 100% removable.

Be advised that if you buy a fiber optic front sight, either make sure it's the same height as the Ruger rear iron or buy a set of sights from the same manufacturer. Some fiber optic blades sit too high.

Although it sounds like you're going to go with a red dot so that's neither here nor there.