PDA

View Full Version : hunters safety course

ittayem66
09-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Is there anyone near wayne county offering any courses this weekend? or sometime next week. I need to get enrolled in a course asap

tote'ngranny
09-24-2011, 01:52 PM
There is no way that you can do this course for this weekend. This is something that you should research for and set up at least a month in advance.

I am the HE coordinator for our club and we conduct classes over 3 days, Saturday (final day) with live fire, demonstrations and the test .. ending with passing the certs out to the students. The first two days we go over the information, several tapes (movies) guest speakers .. including a DNR officer, Dundee EMT.

You can go online DNR site to see what is available. Good luck

ittayem66
09-24-2011, 08:25 PM
thanks

BardicRaptus
10-09-2011, 12:19 PM
If you go to the DNR website you can find a list of classes offered under "hunter education" they have them all over the place, and the quality of the instruction ranges widely. I will be a certified instructor in the very near future, and if you have the patience to wait a month or two would be happy to teach a private class for you. I know how hard it is to find a proper instructor, and as a couple of my favorite teachers will not be teaching next year, I'm taking up the mantel. It is a good idea to take a refresher course every few years, because you'll always learn something new from a different instructor and you can never be "too" safe.