PDA

View Full Version : Shot my first silenced weapon saturday

Stacer
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks to Phil at Sheridan arms. The silencer demo/shoot this sat was amazing. I appreciated the opportunity to hear about what they can do for me. I also send a thanks out to David McClearly for bringing the M16 and legal knowledge. Can't wait until I can afford a few new items for the safe.

Roundballer
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks to Phil at Sheridan arms. The silencer demo/shoot this sat was amazing. I appreciated the opportunity to hear about what they can do for me. I also send a thanks out to David McClearly for bringing the M16 and legal knowledge. Can't wait until I can afford a few new items for the safe.
Is that David M McCleary of Waterford? I know of him, if it is the same guy....Just trying to connect dots.....

Stacer
09-25-2011, 09:09 PM
That it is. He was up there offering his services on setting up NFA trusts.

BWHaas
09-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Is that David M McCleary of Waterford? I know of him, if it is the same guy....Just trying to connect dots.....
Hold on, we have NFA Trust guys in Waterford? Roundballer, can you shoot me a PM with some contact info?

Roundballer
09-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Hold on, we have NFA Trust guys in Waterford? Roundballer, can you shoot me a PM with some contact info?
My experience is with this gentleman is very limited. I was favorably impressed with the interaction, I also know that he is a NRA Lifer.

I do have his business card here in my card index, but I think that this would be easier:

http://www.mcclearylaw.com/Contact-Us.php

Complete contact info, with map and pictures. He is the guy to the left in the sweater.

Sheridanarmsllc
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
David McCleary is a personal friend of mine and my official attorney and very well experienced in class 3 legal matters. Dave has been involved for many years including well before even AG Opinion #7183 legalizing transferrable machine guns 5 years ago. Give Dave a call if you need help or have any questions, is office is 248-674-1716.

Had a great day and the weather was perfect at the Silencer shoot. I will likely be holding another one if October for those that are interested. I found half the time was spent educating as well as shooting provided the most help to those attending.

Phil

donald150
09-27-2011, 07:13 PM
David McCleary is a personal friend of mine and my official attorney and very well experienced in class 3 legal matters. Dave has been involved for many years including well before even AG Opinion #7183 legalizing transferrable machine guns 5 years ago. Give Dave a call if you need help or have any questions, is office is 248-674-1716.

Had a great day and the weather was perfect at the Silencer shoot. I will likely be holding another one if October for those that are interested. I found half the time was spent educating as well as shooting provided the most help to those attending.

Phil

Do you know what his fee is for a NFA trust?

Sheridanarmsllc
09-29-2011, 07:28 AM
David's standard fee is $750, he has been offering a $200 discount and he can provide details. David is not only experienced at setting up NFA trusts, but has experience litigating NFA issues as well as handling NFA trusts that havent been set up properly, he's the guy you want if you need someone very experienced in NFA items. If you find a cheaper feel elsewhere, I strongly recommend you at least speak to him first as he's been litigating cases where other trusts have been improperly set up and individuals took possession unlawfully, despite a "temporarily" approved form 4.

Phil