PDA

View Full Version : Instructor dropped by NRA because of this youtube video

WaywardAce
09-28-2011, 08:34 AM
A Youtube Vlogger I'm subscribed to decided to film portions of his CPL class. The instructor was horrible and as a result has lost his NRA certification. The OP feels bad about it, but I say he's done a great service by keeping this guy from any further teaching. Check it out for yourself ...... there are too many cringe worthy moments to name.

http://youtu.be/n7W2oaS0IUc

miked
09-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Saw the video a while back, I wondered what the fallout would be. The instructor in question taught at a range near my house.

donald150
09-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Link to proof or article that he was dropped????

:clap:

dougwg
09-28-2011, 08:49 AM
good

Fuel Fire Desire
09-28-2011, 08:50 AM
No sound here at work. What was he saying? Gun handling looked piss-poor.

aresbykes
09-28-2011, 08:52 AM
When this got posted, it was a big deal. Like half of the MGO guys, including some trainers were in a big tiff. Apparently some letters were made about this guy and yeah... not a surprise.

WaywardAce
09-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Link to proof or article that he was dropped????

:clap:

Here's a capture from my facebook page.

http://imgnook.com/5GVo.jpg

Thomas
09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Wait was him using students guns as part of the class the reason he got fired?

My CPL instructor did that.

He made sure to safety check ALL guns first but used them to demonstrate the differences in types of carry guns, sizes, calibers etc. How the safeties varied etc.

Seemed OK to me if common sense was used to safety check prior and during.

miked
09-28-2011, 09:25 AM

He made sure to safety check ALL guns first but used them to demonstrate the differences in types of carry guns, sizes, calibers etc. How the safeties varied etc.

:popcorn:

dougwg
09-28-2011, 09:29 AM

It was MUCH more than any one thing.

So much fail by this guy AND the range instructor in the other vid's

Thomas
09-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Side note, I did note the pointing of "real" guns too. Also, in an controlled environment, man, I've seen that in plenty of training video's and I've done it myself. We musta safety checked our guns half a dozen times then some before using them to run some drills. No way any live rounds got introduced.

WaywardAce
09-28-2011, 09:31 AM

The video shows numerous occasions of guns being pointed in unsafe directions.

tote'ngranny
09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Kind of curious if his students CPL's and applications were pulled so that they would have to get proper instruction.

donald150
09-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Kind of curious if his students CPL's and applications were pulled so that they would have to get proper instruction.

I doubt it. Being a unsafe moron dosent mean that he failed to meet the state or even NRA requirements. It could be hard to even figure out who took his classes. Who knows if he even submitted his reports to the NRA

cmike
09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
It doesn't matter if it was checked 100 times.

You dont point real guns at people unless you are thinking about shooting them.

JohnJak
09-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Blue guns are for practicing. Real guns are for destroying.

tote'ngranny
09-28-2011, 11:15 AM
I doubt it. Being a unsafe moron dosent mean that he failed to meet the state or even NRA requirements. It could be hard to even figure out who took his classes. Who knows if he even submitted his reports to the NRA
Teaching, mentoring with unsafe practices .. I think would qualify.

jtivat
09-28-2011, 12:17 PM
You dont point real guns at people unless you are thinking about shooting them.

I have thought about shooting a lot of idiots but never pulled my gun :)

cmike
09-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I have thought about shooting a lot of idiots but never pulled my gun :)
Good point.:thumbup:

tenthumbs
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Video is listed as private. Did this "Instructor" post here?

tote'ngranny
10-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Video is listed as private. Did this "Instructor" post here?
He was a student that posted the vid on you tube, felt awful that the vid caused the instructor his license, which is probably why he pulled the vid. I doubt that the guy is on this forum.

Dabears!
10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
boo
i wanna see this vid and laugh at his stupidity.

when does the dolt @ wild west academy get his NRA cert taken away.
he states in video if you can shoot down range you pass the class.
and he also states that if the target is not within 21 feet and does not have a gun you cant shoot them...

tote'ngranny
10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
boo
i wanna see this vid and laugh at his stupidity.

when does the dolt @ wild west academy get his NRA cert taken away.
he states in video if you can shoot down range you pass the class.
and he also states that if the target is not within 21 feet and does not have a gun you cant shoot them...
His friends on the fb site were telling him that the instructor deserved what he got. Didn't matter .. he still wanted to side with the instructor. Now, that is scary and WHY NRA did the right thing .. How many of his former students will emulate his stupidity? Personally, I think his former students should be refunded and required to retake the CPL course.

pistoltraining
10-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Do you know if the instructor knew he was being filmed? It appears he didn't, but I wasn't sure

He was a student that posted the vid on you tube, felt awful that the vid caused the instructor his license, which is probably why he pulled the vid. I doubt that the guy is on this forum.

dougwg
10-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Do you know if the instructor knew he was being filmed? It appears he didn't, but I wasn't sure
Yes, he knew.

Not that it really matters.

alvinsmith
10-21-2011, 08:30 PM
He shouldn't point his gun to someone. It is the basic rule, he deserve what he got.