PDA

View Full Version : SUPPRESSOR GIVEAWAYS / PETITIONS FOR NFA REFORM!

Griffin Armament
10-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Chris Larson from Facebook won the Checkmate.

We still need signatures on the NFA petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/proper-appropriation-of-voluntary-tax-dollars-generated-by-the-nfa-branch-of-the-batfe/

The suppressor industry needs to stand together to accomplish positive change.

Scott Bittner's Congressman wrote a letter to the ATF regarding this issue. Thought you guys might like to see it.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/314969_10150538180079569_172008254568_11458765_599 363131_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Griffin-Armament/172008254568

-Austin

Phelptwan
10-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Where are we supposed to put "I voted for NFA reform"?

Stacer
10-01-2011, 01:45 PM
:yeahthat:

Jason Demond
10-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Same question as the rest

zigziggityzoo
10-01-2011, 04:59 PM
whitehouse.gov won't seem to let me sign the petition.

Dansjeep2000
10-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Facebook

Griffin Armament
10-02-2011, 12:35 PM

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Griffin-Armament/172008254568

If you are a member of Snipers hide there is another contest on the suppressor section there.

There will likely be more contests in the coming week so plenty of opportunities to win items for being involved in promoting positive change for firearms owners.

If you care about reduced transfer times, make sure you post the links to your personal facebook status update or wherever you feel they are welcome.

The 1000 people is a very likely to be attained figure- the White House petition's 5000 ?? That is going to take some serious participation to achieve.

The good news- for whatever reason only 26 people have entered for a chance to win a suppressor on our facebook page so far, so odds are good as of right now.

Griffin Armament
10-02-2011, 12:39 PM
whitehouse.gov won't seem to let me sign the petition.

My fiance was the first signature, and she said it was a pain in the butt also.

In a couple tries she was signed. I don't know why the site is so slooooowwww- Maybe it's a reflection of the efficiency of the administration, or a homage to the efficiency of solyndra investments? :laughing:

ZYA_LTR
10-02-2011, 07:50 PM
So...Facebook is the only means to enter to win the free suppressor? I don't have or plan on having a Facebook account, for personal reasons, but would obviously love to be entered in the free supressor contest.

dougwg
10-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I would much rather they repealed the damn NFA of 1934 and FIRED all that work at the BATFE.

Dansjeep2000
10-04-2011, 06:30 AM
I would much rather they repealed the damn NFA of 1934 and FIRED all that work at the BATFE.
Where can I vote for that???????? :biggrin:

zigziggityzoo
10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Hell, I'd be happy if they just reopened the machine gun registry.

GLOCKME
10-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Sounds like a great idea..

But,I don't do Facebook..

Griffin Armament
10-06-2011, 06:21 AM
If you guys voted, don't have a facebook account, and want to be entered shoot me an IM.

As far as disbanding the ATF, that's just not realistic. This is the organization that keeps cigarettes and alcohol out of the hands of minors, keeps industrial explosives from getting into the hands of murderers and terrorists, and the NFA registration process has a good history of keeping full auto's out of the newspaper headlines.

The organization has a very bad reputation for isolated incidents where things went horribly wrong like the Waco scene, and the Fast and Furious debacle, but the NFA branch is a lot of decent hard working people who approve transfers to law abiding citizens.

The ATF also handles all the FFL licensing in the country. To disband the ATF would probably result in terrorists with machine guns and explosives, children drinking alcohol, and just a lot of things we don't need as a country.

As a gun owner I understand those feelings but as a FFL dealer I understand the role the regulations play in keeping the country safe.

Now the machine gun ban? That was just congress being manipulated by the anti-gun lobby. I agree the ban should be lifted and future production of civilian sale-able machine-guns should again commence.

dougwg
10-06-2011, 08:31 AM
If you guys voted, don't have a facebook account, and want to be entered shoot me an IM.

As far as disbanding the ATF, that's just not realistic. This is the organization that keeps cigarettes and alcohol out of the hands of minors, keeps industrial explosives from getting into the hands of murderers and terrorists, and the NFA registration process has a good history of keeping full auto's out of the newspaper headlines.

The organization has a very bad reputation for isolated incidents where things went horribly wrong like the Waco scene, and the Fast and Furious debacle, but the NFA branch is a lot of decent hard working people who approve transfers to law abiding citizens.

The ATF also handles all the FFL licensing in the country. To disband the ATF would probably result in terrorists with machine guns and explosives, children drinking alcohol, and just a lot of things we don't need as a country.

As a gun owner I understand those feelings but as a FFL dealer I understand the role the regulations play in keeping the country safe.

Now the machine gun ban? That was just congress being manipulated by the anti-gun lobby. I agree the ban should be lifted and future production of civilian sale-able machine-guns should again commence.

......um.......

Griffin Armament
10-09-2011, 02:47 AM
There is a petition in the Texas hometown forum of AR15.com that is on the whitehouse.gov website to repeal the GCA 1986 (machine gun ban).

I signed it. It has like 750 signatures, so it's probably going to amount to nothing. That's the problem with the NFA side of the firearms community, NOT ENOUGH MEMBERSHIP, and NO LOBBYING POWER.

NRA wouldn't support any of these three petitions, and Gun Owners of America won't either. AAC, and Surefire wouldn't touch them [at least havent so far], despite combined ability to reach 20,000 people on Facebook alone.

Gun owners, gun companies, and lobbying organizations need to stop pretending to be brave defenders of the 2nd amendment and actually put their money where their mouth is.

If something changes from any of the above mentioned, I'll post a retraction, but I'm not impressed.

rjrivero
10-09-2011, 09:35 PM

Maybe not as incredible as it would seem at first blush...

http://townhall.com/columnists/katiepavlich/2011/09/30/bombshell_doj_considering_elimination_of_atf/page/full/preview

zigziggityzoo
10-09-2011, 10:31 PM
There is a petition in the Texas hometown forum of AR15.com that is on the whitehouse.gov website to repeal the GCA 1986 (machine gun ban).

I signed it. It has like 750 signatures, so it's probably going to amount to nothing. That's the problem with the NFA side of the firearms community, NOT ENOUGH MEMBERSHIP, and NO LOBBYING POWER.

NRA wouldn't support any of these three petitions, and Gun Owners of America won't either. AAC, and Surefire wouldn't touch them [at least havent so far], despite combined ability to reach 20,000 people on Facebook alone.

Gun owners, gun companies, and lobbying organizations need to stop pretending to be brave defenders of the 2nd amendment and actually put their money where their mouth is.

If something changes from any of the above mentioned, I'll post a retraction, but I'm not impressed.

http://wh.gov/4wj This one?
http://wh.gov/4VV Or this one?

stainless1911
10-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Im really not impressed with the people supposed to be defending the RKBA either.

Griffin Armament
10-14-2011, 05:13 AM
http://wh.gov/4wj This one?
http://wh.gov/4VV Or this one?

I signed both, but the Hughes ammendment is about machine guns, not suppressors or NFA transfer timelines.

As far as elininating the ATF- that would be nice I guess- if we could still have NFA weapons handled by someone more efficient- the FBI is a part of the current process so moving it under one roof would eliminate the ATF bank and NFA branch locations.

I don't know how that would occur- it sounds like it would be a monumental pain in the ass for up to 6 months while the transition occurred.

I doubt the ATF is going away.

dougwg
10-14-2011, 09:11 AM
I signed both, but the Hughes ammendment is about machine guns, not suppressors or NFA transfer timelines.

As far as elininating the ATF- that would be nice I guess- if we could still have NFA weapons handled by someone more efficient- the FBI is a part of the current process so moving it under one roof would eliminate the ATF bank and NFA branch locations.

I don't know how that would occur- it sounds like it would be a monumental pain in the ass for up to 6 months while the transition occurred.

I doubt the ATF is going away.
Why does ANYONE have to "handle it"?

Quaamik
10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
The link leads to the petition titled:
Petition to increase manpower and system efficacy of the BATFE's National Firearms Act branch.

I nearly fell off my chair. That is not what I would term an improvement. How about we petition to pull suppressors of the NFA listing (making the legal without a tax stamp)? Or to allow production of full autos? Or to gut the NFA completely (we have NICS, so why do we need both?)? Or how about to pull firearms and explosives enforcement away from the BATFE, put it with the FBI where it belongs, and get the revenuers back to collecting taxes like they should have been?

This petition seems like a backdoor way to get more funding for an agency that has already proven that it will ignore the law.

Quaamik
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM

uhhh, wait a sec......

You mean we don't have minors drinking alcohol in this country? News to me. Probably news to most of the teenagers in the US as well.

You mean explosives don't get into the hands of terrorists, murderers and such? Really? Remember the world trade center attempt? Timothy McVeigh? Any of a handful of other attempts that have happened (including the car bombing on the news a week or two ago)?

The NFA registration process has had a good history of keeping them out of the headlines? You are pulling my leg right? The only thing that keeps them out of the headlines is that they are machine guns are already illegal to make new, the anti gun media can't gain much by pointing out that the feds can't keep prohibited guns off the streets and legal ones are so expensive as to make illegal ones look like a bloody bargin at sveral times the prce. By that reasoning putting all guns in the NFA registry and drivign the prices up to where only the well off can afford them would be good for keeping guns out of the headlines.

The BATFE was supposed to be a agency to collect the taxes on the things under it's control. It's morphed into that "go to" agency for firearms and explosives. Its track record for firearms regulation is ..... I'll be nice and say "less than stellar". It's had to be slapped down before and is shaping up to be slapped down again (over "fast & furious").

The BATFE should be stripped of it's authority over firearms and explosives or disbanded entirley. The firearms and explosives reglulation (what there needs to be of it) could be handeled through the FBI (they do the background checks anyway). The convoluted mess that is the NFA registry approval system could be replaced with the NICS system. The $200 "tax stamp" could be assessed at point of sale. For private transfeers, you could let them use the NICS system and submit the $200 tax online with a credit card. The tax portion of the alcohol and tobacco could be left with them and the prohibition portion (for minors) could be transfeered to the DEA.

Griffin Armament
10-19-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/proper-appropriation-of-voluntary-tax-dollars-generated-by-the-nfa-branch-of-the-batfe/

Rather than debate conspiracy theories, I would appreciate a discussion of facts:

1 The NFA branch has regulated the sale of sound suppressors for 77 years
2 Civilian participation / purchasing of NFA items has steadily increased over 77 years
3 The organizational structure of the NFA branch has remained the same over that time period.
4 Transfer timelines are directly related to the number of transfers recieved and the number of people on staff.

There are many things that can be done to speed the system. The most rapid to integrate would be cashing checks in WV instead of GA. The second most efficient would be to add additional employees to help with processing forms.

The third and least likely would be to relocate all operations (bank/NFA branch) to the FBI. Putting three locations under one roof would eliminate the burden of time imparted by shipping mail.

There are many things that can be done to improve the system, but nothing isn't one of them.

Jailer
10-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Quaamik, I'm with you on this one.

Griffin Armament has a join date of 9-2011 and comes on the forum enticing others to sign a petition to increase the number of BATFE agents by offering a free supressor????

Doesn't sit well with me............

Griffin Armament
10-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Quaamik, I'm with you on this one.

Griffin Armament has a join date of 9-2011 and comes on the forum enticing others to sign a petition to increase the number of BATFE agents by offering a free supressor????

Doesn't sit well with me............

The BATFE either fired or offered early retirement to over 275 agents in the wake of Fast and Furious.

I'm talking about the petitioning the government to figure out how to run the BATFE's NFA branch for the future, and that solution may involve hiring 10-20 more desk jockies to handle paperwork so that firearms owners don't have to wait 6 months or more to take legal ownership of a sound suppressor.

I'm with Jailer- This is definitely a conspiracy to put a black helicopter over every house so that America has to wear tin foil hats to think in privacy.

Hockey9019
10-24-2011, 08:00 AM
So whens the give away?

Dansjeep2000
10-26-2011, 08:08 AM
So whens the give away?
Good question

Griffin Armament
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM
It's October 31st the winner will be announced on Facebook and contacted if he or she entered from another website.

Griffin Armament
11-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Chris Larson from Facebook won.

Check the first page for a letter to the ATF from Congressman Thornberry of Texas.

Hockey9019
11-10-2011, 12:02 PM
mhmm