PDA

View Full Version : Change opening day to 2nd saturday in november

rickmasters
10-01-2011, 09:16 PM
What are you thoughts about changing opening day to the 2nd saturday in november. That is how they do it in Kentucky and it works out great. Opening day is on a Tuesday this year.

therev
10-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Opening is on Tuesday this year and I love it!

pkuptruck
10-02-2011, 06:44 AM
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150555&highlight=opening

rickmasters
10-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Hey Pick up truck, thanks for the link. You posted that when opening day is on a weekend participation is down. I don't believe that. Show me the data. Thanks.

pkuptruck
10-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey Pick up truck, thanks for the link. You posted that when opening day is on a weekend participation is down. I don't believe that. Show me the data. Thanks.

your welcome for the link!

and , if I am wrong, I will gladly admit it..

to be clear, I didnt say it was "down", insinuating fewer hunters than normal.. I said Thursdays were HIGHER..

So...show me ! (PS - the DNR webite is chaulk full of info! )

rickmasters
10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Hey pick up, not to get into a pissing match but the below is a quote from your other post. You clearly say that weekend openers have less participation according to the DNR. Burden of proof is on you. Peace.

to those that like it... WHY?

oh wait....because you have no real interest in hunting... you like to be in the woods shooting... gotcha... its all about you...!

the DNR data clearly shows that when there is a weekend opener... sales and participation are DOWN... ( except for YOU of course..)

Opening day on Nov 15 is a tradition... why mess with it? Cant get time off?
Sorry... but many many more CAN.... We have jobs (for now..LOl) that dont suck... and we value tradition....

sethb92
10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
personally i like the 15th i think making it a state wide holiday would be pretty sweet however i realize thats pretty mush a dream at this point, but i would agree its tradition and an excuse to take off work and school

gjgalligan
10-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Back a bit in time the DNR tried something similar. Maybe late 70s or early
80s.
They wanted it to open on a weekend but they got enough complaints about screwing with tradition that they changed it back to the 15th.

dougwg
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I like it being on 1 day, just like Christmas and New Years day...Always the same day.

Why do you want to change it? Because you can't get the day off? TOO BAD! Suck it up cupcake.

Digger
10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
In Pennsylvania, opening day is always the first Monday after Thanksgiving and that Monday is a legal holiday.

pkuptruck
10-14-2011, 09:24 AM
In Pennsylvania, opening day is always the first Monday after Thanksgiving and that Monday is a legal holiday.

and in alaska.... you can see russia from your porch...? :whistle:

makes no difference... this isnt Penn... :wtf:

pike_mazter
10-20-2011, 06:35 PM
November 15 is my Christmas, I don't want to change that. Either way I wouldn't stop hunting I just prefer it on the 15th. No matter if its a weekday or a weekend I always save my vacation time from work. Having an opener on a weekday doesn't change anything in my area. Just as many people in the woods, the buck pole is just as full.

alex.cirabisi
11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
opening day has been on the 15th for some time. it has never hurt anything. :twak: why change something that works fine? Ever hunt on state land? less hunters out there wouldnt be bad, in my area your lucky to see anything over a 4 point because if it has points the people shoot it.. or "brown its down" mentality. If anything we need to be like the UP and shoot nothing less than a 6 point. atleast in the area up there ( which i started hunting up there because all the hunters here) .

langenc
11-10-2011, 09:06 PM
It is a dead issue-forget it.