PDA

View Full Version : So anyone around me have a silencer? Lakeview 48850

Spudy
10-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Hey all
Really thinking of getting a suppressor but would love to shot a pistol and rifle with one first. I live in Lakeview mi 48850. Don't mind to drive an hour but don't really want to go farther then that.
Thanks
p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Jailer
10-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Get back with me in about 6 months or so and I can help you out.

TWS-Mike
10-29-2011, 09:40 PM
We'll have some demo suppressors in stock this week, and then be running some "demo days" on the west side of the state soon.
Business is based in Grand Haven.

That way, you can stop listening to youtube videos to decide what you want, and hear/shoot the real thing.

I will post the specifics when we get something scheduled.
:smile:

1-504 PIR
11-19-2011, 04:11 PM
We'll have some demo suppressors in stock this week, and then be running some "demo days" on the west side of the state soon.
Business is based in Grand Haven.

That way, you can stop listening to youtube videos to decide what you want, and hear/shoot the real thing.

Mike,
Any updates on a demo day?

GarrettJ
11-19-2011, 08:46 PM
...and then be running some "demo days" on the west side of the state soon....
tag for info

TWS-Mike
11-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Update: (Hurt my back which put me out of commission for the last few weeks, but I am up and mobile again now)

Now that my initial shipment of cans has arrived, I am working on securing some local range time, and a date that would work with my schedule before the snow gets too deep :smile:

I am also open to doing some smaller demo's if you want to get a few friends together, and you have a safe place to shoot, drop me a line and we'll see about setting up a meeting.

Currently, I have a Silencerco .22 Sparrow, AAC 762SD (which we are shooting 5.56 and 300 BLK thru) and an AAC 45 TI-Rant that I am using for Demo cans.

GarrettJ
11-19-2011, 11:24 PM
...I am working on securing some local range time, and a date that would work with my schedule before the snow gets too deep :smile:

Currently, I have a Silencerco .22 Sparrow, AAC 762SD (which we are shooting 5.56 and 300 BLK thru) and an AAC 45 TI-Rant that I am using for Demo cans.
By the snow comment, I'm guessing you're looking at an outdoor range? Because you really don't get a good perspective when shooting suppressed indoors.

And can those of us with our own cans bring them along as well? For example, I'd be interested in comparing my Triple-X can to the 762SD shooting side-by-side with .300BLK.

TWS-Mike
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, I have contacted some outdoor ranges for that very reason. Between the echoes, the projectiles hitting the backstop, etc... it wouldn't be worth it.
(kind of like guys shooting suppressors on youtube shooting steel, or on a firing line with everyone else shooting unsuppressed)

As to the other question, sure, I don't see why that would be a problem bringing another can that you own for comparison.

My thoughts are just to give a brief primer on suppressors, (refute the hollywood myth, explain super/subsonic sound diff, etc...) and then do some shooting with the various calibers.
Demo the supersonic and subsonic with the 300 Blackout thru the 762 can.
I wasn't planning on a big staged production, but rather, just some informal demonstrations. And then probably spend the rest of the time answering questions, etc...