PDA

View Full Version : Clock starts...BATF approved...now Form 4

UpNorthWOLF
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
My dealer/manufacturer got my prints and signed permission today and my apps also went in the mail (registered) to the BATFE today. In the home stretch now...

miked
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Did you notice your clocks slowing down a little? ;-D

rjrivero
10-04-2011, 11:19 PM
My dealer/manufacturer got my prints and signed permission today and my apps also went in the mail (registered) to the BATFE today. In the home stretch now...
It's not a clock.....Hell, it's not even a SUN-DIAL. Keep your calendar handy!

UpNorthWOLF
10-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Found out my BATFE checks were cashed last Monday... So count me amongst the three-weekers (actually less ;) Maybe it was faster because they are a manufacturer...

As described below, now comes the longer wait.... :(

rjrivero
10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Found out my BATFE checks were cashed last Monday... So count me amongst the three-weekers (actually less ;) Maybe it was faster because they are a manufacturer...

I won't get back up north for two weeks, but I'll also start the paperwork for a 9mm (and if the turn-around is the same, I should have it well before Christmas). But I am ecstatic...
Oooh... I'll check back with you in December. But I urge you NOT to get your hopes up. Form 4's are going to take as long as form 4's take.

The examiner for Michigan is Chris Farris. He's relatively NEW, and they don't have any data on turn around times on him in the NFA Tracker just yet. www.nfatracker.com

But if you take a look at those turn around times, three to four months from the time the check gets cashed until the forms are approved is pretty much the norm. The "party line" is that you have a 5 month wait for your stamps to come back.

Sorry to be the party pooper. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

UpNorthWOLF
10-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the info... Still virginal at this.

rjrivero
10-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the info... Still virginal at this.
You sir, are most definately welcome. I just don't want you to get your hopes up only to have a big disappointment when you go to the mailbox every day looking for the "Orphan Annie Decoder Ring." (Ok, so the Form 4 will go to your dealer, and your dealer will call you.)

Expect it in 5 months. If it comes back earlier, REJOICE!!

rjrivero
10-21-2011, 04:55 PM
My apologies: The first link only takes you to the NFA Tracker site. The "Report" tab will give you the average break down from landmark to landmark.
http://www.nfatracker.com/reports.aspx
If you click this link, you'll see that for a Form 4 transfer to an individual, it takes about 23 days from the day your check gets cashed until your application goes to the PENDING status. It then takes another 74 days from PENDING status to APPROVED.

It's a pretty neat tool. I would recommend you add your items to the data base, if you're so inclined!

ColonelKurtz
10-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Got mine in the mail about 10 days ago, been meaning to check with the bank if they cashed the checked. Maybe tomorrow I'll check... maybe by Valentine's Day I'll be good to go :fa:

trapdoorman
11-13-2011, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if from the time you first send in paperwork until you actually get the stamp it will take anywhere from 4 to 6 months.

UpNorthWOLF
11-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Last week I started the process on a third one... Though this one may get caught in the big rush. I am holding off on a .308 until I hear the difference.

rjrivero
11-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Last week I started the process on a third one... Though this one may get caught in the big rush. I am holding off on a .308 until I hear the difference.
You're in trouble. 3 form 1's before the first one even came back? That's baaaad.......:lollol:

For the record, what three cans are you waiting for?

UpNorthWOLF
11-13-2011, 03:38 PM
All three are Hughes Precision - 22 LR, 5.56 (8"), and now 9 mm.

UpNorthWOLF
11-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Third check cashed... Nothing to do now but get barrels threaded and wait.