View Full Version : June 24th Defensive handgun

RSF
06-07-2006, 08:18 PM
June 24th at Jcoc
I have a few slots left open.

contact me for info

Divermaster
06-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I would like to take it but I will be up north that weekend.

appliancebrad
06-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Dang, my thumb is sore from loading mags. Thanks for a great class Dep! It was well worth the investment of time and money, I learned some new skills, improved others, found out just how strong my muscle memeory is to shoot to COM and saw a bunch of great shooting yesterday. Anyone who is holding back on attending one of Deputy's classes needs to just commit and go.

Some more stuff I learned:

That 3 mags (two 10's and a 12 rounder) are not enough. Next time more mags. Guy next to me was shooting a 7 rounder and he was constantly out of ammo. Also, I need to buy a Mantis mag loader so my right thumb doesn't turn purple.

My holster and belt are good but I need a better system for carrying extra mags.

Tac reload early and often. Running dry in the middle of a drill is bad. Running dry in real life would be worse.

Sigs can be rolled in the dirt and still keep firing.

That you need to be able to draw, fire and hit COM in less than 8 tenths of a second to be considered proficient in this group.

That my decision to spend time shooting from the ground earlier this year paid off, I shot well from that position.

Fast misses don't count. Slow misses are worse.

I need lot's more practice on head shot.

Water, more water. Two liters are not enough.

Bring a cigar for Dep, it works better than apples for the teacher.

I'm looking forward to the date for the Low Light class.

RSF
06-25-2006, 10:59 AM
glad you had a good time brad,

as long as one comes away with one extra tool for there tool box and learns a few points were improvments can be made, it was a good day. as is we all learn everytime we train.

bauza are a good choice ( Hint)

That you need to be able to draw, fire and hit COM in less than 8 tenths of a second to be considered proficient in this group

there were a few of us there at those speeds yes, remember a timer is no real world stress. and those were primed starts. so it was mainy for some fun.