PDA

View Full Version : Police have their sites on possible poachers leaving deer in pain

TAC
10-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Police have their sites on possible poachers leaving deer in pain

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/police-have-their-sites-on-possible-poachers-leaving-deer-in-pain#ixzz1ampuWPdh

Cackler
10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Great reporting.

mikethepike
10-14-2011, 09:43 PM
@ 1:27 " the hunters probably arent wearing their orange" ......O.k. suburban dummy, during archery you dont wear or have to wear orange.

Sounds like some people need to take more target lessons. Wounding an animal isnt cool

forrest0872
10-14-2011, 11:26 PM
these things happen, it's called hunting.

big city thinkers need not apply -

dracothered
10-14-2011, 11:38 PM
A bad shot in a legal area to hunt and the deer runs off to scare those that know no better than to think "Oh no we have poachers in our neighborhood..."

chevyman
10-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Come on forest0872 and dracothered you guys know that every year there are complaints about bad hunters, There are so many people againist hunting now days that anyone out there in the woods should make sure of every shot that they take with a Bow or Gun, Do you really know what people think when they see a doe with 2 little ones running around with an arrow thru the mothers nose, Well even if it is not a hunters fault you know who will get the blame, This is why we have to practice and be sure of every shot that we take, I can honestly say that in my 42yrs. of hunting that I have never lost a deer that I made a shot on which I know there has to be at least 100 deer, To be a good hunter you have to have good morals and be responsible for every shot that you take, Even hearing about some wounded deer running around the city makes me sick!!!!!!!!! :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

forrest0872
10-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Come on forest0872 and dracothered you guys know that every year there are complaints about bad hunters, There are so many people againist hunting now days that anyone out there in the woods should make sure of every shot that they take with a Bow or Gun, Do you really know what people think when they see a doe with 2 little ones running around with an arrow thru the mothers nose, Well even if it is not a hunters fault you know who will get the blame, This is why we have to practice and be sure of every shot that we take, I can honestly say that in my 42yrs. of hunting that I have never lost a deer that I made a shot on which I know there has to be at least 100 deer, To be a good hunter you have to have good morals and be responsible for every shot that you take, Even hearing about some wounded deer running around the city makes me sick!!!!!!!!! :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Sooooo, If everyone was a good driver, there would be no car accidents?

dracothered
10-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes there are bad hunters out there and it is the same as there are bad drivers out there... But even those that are a good shot don't always get the shot they were hoping for because the deer jumps just as you loose your arrow or pull the trigger. This isn't saying that the ones that get seen aren't from a bad hunter, it just the way hunting goes some times.

mikethepike
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM
If you dont have a good shot, dont take it....if there is someone in your lane, dont signal and merge :smoke:

dracothered
10-15-2011, 11:17 PM
If you dont have a good shot, dont take it....if there is someone in your lane, dont signal and merge :smoke:
While I agree with you about not taking a shot if you don't have a good shot to take. Though as I said and we all know that even with a good shot the deer can make a movement that will make a good shot a bad one.

So if you tell me that it can't happen to you then you are full of it...

bluegill
10-16-2011, 09:28 AM
How do they know it's hunters? Could be a kid with a warped sense of things. I also wonder about the 100 yard rule they implemented. The state already has a 150 yard rule in place which is 50 yards more restictive.

langenc
10-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Maybe someone is tired of the deer eating the garden. The cute deer attracted by the neighbors baiting dont just eat at the bait.

Bestboss
11-03-2011, 08:36 AM
I believer the safety zone is mute, if you have the occupants permission, or you are the owner. Am I wrong?

drewyork
11-03-2011, 08:43 AM
SOOOO every house in Farmington are within 100 yards of each other?

good to know

Hawgrider
11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
I believer the safety zone is mute, if you have the occupants permission, or you are the owner. Am I wrong? You are correct.

Safety Zones Around Buildings

Safety zones are all areas within 150 yards (450 feet) of an occupied building, house, cabin, or any barn or other building used in a farm operation. No person, including archery and crossbow hunters, may hunt or discharge a firearm, crossbow or bow in a safety zone, or shoot at any wild animal or wild bird within a safety zone, without the written permission of the owner or occupant of such safety zone. The safety zone applies to hunting only. It does not apply to indoor or outdoor shooting ranges, target shooting, law enforcement activities or the discharge of firearms, crossbows or bows for any non-hunting purpose.