PDA

View Full Version : SSAR Bump Fire Stock

michigan saint
10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Anyone here familiar with this bump fire stock from Military Gun Supply?
They have a video of it in action at militarygunsupply.com Looks like a blast.

Yance
10-19-2011, 10:57 AM
My gun shop has it as a range rental on one of theirs and it looks pretty fun, saw the video myself I havent actually tried it but it looks like a nice legal way to have some illegal fun.

Imshootin
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Kurt from Centennial here on the forum (Karcent) had them for sale a little while back.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147591

badman
10-19-2011, 06:01 PM
i have one of these and it is trully amazing how well it works. 30 round in about 3 seconds. very controlable and a hell of a way to burn through a lot of ammo fast. best part is you can lock it in place and the rifle maintains its single fire capability. it is in my opinion one of the best accessories you can get for your ar-15. i do suggest getting at least 500 rounds when you get it though cause you will burn through that in no time.

..DETROIT..
10-20-2011, 03:28 PM
An awesome stock to say the least. I took mine to the lapeer pit. It's just like full auto. I had people ask if it was. Good purchase, you won't regret it, until you're looking at the bottom of an empty ammo can.

rjrivero
10-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I found one of these in my "gun stuff" when I was moving a couple months ago. I don't know where it came from, but the box had my name on it. It was a birthday present that I had forgotten about. I *should* put it on a rifle and give it a run!!

michigan saint
10-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Thanks for your responses. Doing my first AR build, just gonna be a toy, a conversation piece. Gonna have a bump stock, 150 rd drum magazine. Looking for a Stag, Rock River Arms or DPMS lower and any suggestions on an upper. Or any suggestions at all seeings how this is my first build. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for replies so far.

rjrivero
10-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Thanks for your responses. Doing my first AR build, just gonna be a toy, a conversation piece. Gonna have a bump stock, 150 rd drum magazine. Looking for a Stag, Rock River Arms or DPMS lower and any suggestions on an upper. Or any suggestions at all seeings how this is my first build. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for replies so far.
www.palmettostatearmory.com has the best prices on their kits.

Everything but the lower: (http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/2550.php)

They also have a good price on lowers as well. But any lower will be fine.

..DETROIT..
10-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Yes. If you ever decide to change your trigger guard, be gentle. That pin can be in there pretty good. Be patient and take a break if you become upset during your build. Also, don't forget, you get what you pay for. Good luck.

chewy
10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
That looks fun... I just sent them a message to see if I can get set up as a dealer. I'll let you know what pricing I can get. Maybe I can do a group buy if we can save some cash on it.

mini4m3
10-21-2011, 10:29 AM
That looks fun... I just sent them a message to see if I can get set up as a dealer. I'll let you know what pricing I can get. Maybe I can do a group buy if we can save some cash on it.

Or they could..... save their 350$ or what ever the msrp is now and come to one of the famous Gun Barn 2 full auto fun shoots and shoot the real thing in a variety of different enjoyable and historic firearms.

oogabooga289
10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I've been looking all over but can't find the answer to what prevents the stock's further travel backward when the rifle travels forward. Maybe one of you guys who has one can help me figure this out.

I assume that during recoil, the rifle moves rearward and the rear face of the buffer tube bottoms out in the stock and the rearward travel of the rifle is limited by the stock's buttplate. But when you pull the rifle forward, does the pin of the lock pin modifier (that travels within the groove of the buffer tube) hit the rear of the groove, thereby limiting the rifle's travel forward?

I know that was a piss poor description, but I hope somebody understood it :hick:
I was just wondering if there is a lot of stress on the pin of the lock pin modifier, or if there is something else at work, like maybe forward travel of the rifle doesn't get far enough for the pin to hit the rear of the groove because the trigger is activated prior to that happening. Anyway, if someone could shed some light on this that'd be great.

rjrivero
10-21-2011, 02:52 PM
I've been looking all over but can't find the answer to what prevents the stock's further travel backward when the rifle travels forward. Maybe one of you guys who has one can help me figure this out.

I assume that during recoil, the rifle moves rearward and the rear face of the buffer tube bottoms out in the stock and the rearward travel of the rifle is limited by the stock's buttplate. But when you pull the rifle forward, does the pin of the lock pin modifier (that travels within the groove of the buffer tube) hit the rear of the groove, thereby limiting the rifle's travel forward?

I know that was a piss poor description, but I hope somebody understood it :hick:
I was just wondering if there is a lot of stress on the pin of the lock pin modifier, or if there is something else at work, like maybe forward travel of the rifle doesn't get far enough for the pin to hit the rear of the groove because the trigger is activated prior to that happening. Anyway, if someone could shed some light on this that'd be great.
I'll shoot some pictures of mine when I get home tomorrow to show you how it works.

oogabooga289
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
I'll shoot some pictures of mine when I get home tomorrow to show you how it works.

Thanks, rjrivero! I'll be waiting patiently.

karcent
10-25-2011, 08:28 AM

I have them in stock for a lot less than you will find them online. I am not able to post prices online, but you can email me if you like.

centennialcompany@yahoo.com