PDA

View Full Version : This mornings deer hunt

mikethepike
10-22-2011, 04:27 PM
The day started off with me walking into the woods at 7:07am , 1st doe with a bow and things get ugly...

3 does came walking in after an hour after i sat down . I shoot 1 doe after i gave her the "baaaahhhp" . Looked like a nice broadside shot at 15 yds with a complete pass thru. Texted my hunting partner and waited 35 minutes before i got down so she could "rest" . Blood all over the arrow
He shows up from 40 acres away and we started tracking ( it was a nice trail even Helen Keller could've followed) , it crosses the waist high creek and onto private property (a golf course) where we stopped and i asked for permission to recover the animal . The owner said "Nope":argue: ......i was heart broken .

I hate too waste an animal that gave its life.... , but nope is nope i guess.

I am absolutley sick right now knowing it just fed the coyotee's instead of my family

DBL Tap
10-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Totally sucks man :cry:

wadevb1
10-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Sounds like the property line is a perfect location to set up that rifle range.

Make sure you hang targets at T-time. You and him may come to an agreement after a 50 round drum or two. :evil:

jdc48160
10-26-2011, 09:46 PM
I can't believe someone wouldn't let you recover a deer that crossed the property line after you made the shot.

That deer either fed the coyotes, or they ate backstraps for dinner that night.

TomE
10-27-2011, 04:50 AM
Sounds like the property line is a perfect location to set up that rifle range.

Make sure you hang targets at T-time. You and him may come to an agreement after a 50 round drum or two. :evil:

I have done similar

miked
10-27-2011, 05:14 AM
That sucks. I understand if people don't want others hunting on their land but I never understood why they wouldn't let others recover hit game.

Signess
10-27-2011, 05:58 AM
That sucks. I understand if people don't want others hunting on their land but I never understood why they wouldn't let others recover hit game.

Stupidity Mike... pure stupidity!!!

HoldHard
10-27-2011, 08:00 AM
What golf course? It would be nice to know so I don't spend any money there.... PM if necessary.

HH

Ruger
10-27-2011, 10:06 AM
What Golf Course Mike?

I used to hunt one of the well known course every October. In fact they used to call me in September asking to remove a few deer from the property.

shoxroxice
10-27-2011, 12:13 PM
That really sucks. Let us know the golf course, and we'll be happy to take our business elsewhere.

tcb
10-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear that :sad:

psychemjr
10-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Some people are just ignorant. It's a sad shame that animal was wasted. Or the owner figured he would keep the venison for himself and he didn't have to shoot it.

mikethepike
10-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Cant spill the beans on the course as it would give my spot up...sorry. Perhaps i'll look at craigslist for a crap load of barbed wire:jailed: so i can keep em fenced in

zigziggityzoo
10-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Sucks.

I hope you get another one soon.

I don't know why someone wouldn't let you recover game you already hit. :(

mikethepike
10-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Sucks.

I hope you get another one soon.

I don't know why someone wouldn't let you recover game you already hit. :(

I've asked permission every year ( going on 10) when i see him out blowing leaves or what ever....even offered him an x plan for a new Ford truck cuz he was oogling mine--wasnt going to bite. I'm thinking he doesnt want golfers and hunters sharing the property for liability

mikeb32
10-29-2011, 06:17 AM
What Golf Course Mike?

mikethepike
10-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Cant spill the beans on the course as it would give my spot up...sorry.

I've worked hard at securing it....still cant say. Sorry

lrwfx4
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Is the golf course down in this part of the state ?

mikethepike
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
yep. In Jackson

rjrivero
11-03-2011, 08:31 PM
The day started off with me walking into the woods at 7:07am , 1st doe with a bow and things get ugly...

3 does came walking in after an hour after i sat down . I shoot 1 doe after i gave her the "baaaahhhp" . Looked like a nice broadside shot at 15 yds with a complete pass thru. Texted my hunting partner and waited 35 minutes before i got down so she could "rest" . Blood all over the arrow
He shows up from 40 acres away and we started tracking ( it was a nice trail even Helen Keller could've followed) , it crosses the waist high creek and onto private property (a golf course) where we stopped and i asked for permission to recover the animal . The owner said "Nope":argue: ......i was heart broken .

I hate too waste an animal that gave its life.... , but nope is nope i guess.

I am absolutley sick right now knowing it just fed the coyotee's instead of my family
Happened to me two seasons ago. Just makes you sick to your stomach. Mine wandered onto adjacent farmer's land. He wanted the meat, as far as I can tell.

As for a Golf Course, I would have just asked for a cart and paid for 18 holes while following the blood trail!!

miked
11-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Too late now but in retrospect you should have just paid for a round with a cart. You would have access and something to carry the deer out with. LOL

wadevb1
11-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Too late now but in retrospect you should have just paid for a round with a cart. You would have access and something to carry the deer out with. LOL

Pure genius :idea:

mikethepike
11-05-2011, 08:44 PM
That is some funny sheet right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess i'm a narrowed minded thinker, thank you crafty MGO'ERS:naughty:

fegPA63
11-12-2011, 03:18 PM
9 with a cart and a dead deer strapped to the back lol

man that sucks. Some guy wouldn't let my brother track a deer that went into his field one time, some people are just Anti like that

liunzfan
11-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Maybe if you call a c.o. he might go to the course and say something,I understand some wont go that far

mikethepike
11-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Thought about calling a C.O. --- a C.O. cant make a landowner let someone go on the property to track a deer.

Apoma
11-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Let me know the golf course and when you shot it. Maybe I could go at night and find your deer. I didn't join the military for nothing and that's just wrong, and cold. Pm me and we will have a chat.

:borg:

mikethepike
11-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Let me know the golf course and when you shot it. Maybe I could go at night and find your deer. I didn't join the military for nothing and that's just wrong, and cold. Pm me and we will have a chat.

:borg:

Thanks, but it was 10/22 and surely spoiled by now. CASE CLOSED