PDA

View Full Version : Custom Holsters by Dale Reeck

Stone
10-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Dale was recommended to me by a friend. He is a local guy so I thought I would give him a try as I needed a Left Handed IWB holster for my new PD firearm.

I called Dale, made arrangements to meet him and have my PD firearm measured for its new holster on a Saturday. On Sunday, Dale called me, letting me know my holster was done.

I picked it up and the first thing I noticed was the fit and finish on the leather. This holster's quality rivals any of my other holsters for fit, finish and looks.

Most importantly tho, it is comfortable to wear and, as it is custom fitted to my firearm, it holds snug.

The price was very reasonable and I will not only use Dale again for some other pieces I need (being Left Handed can be a drag sometimes) I will recommend him to all my friends too.

If you are looking for a holster, give Dale a call...

Dale Reeck
1-313-418-2471 cell
1-313-291-9609

-Stone

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/timhernandez/DSCF0597-Copy.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/timhernandez/DSCF0598-Copy.jpg

Homelessrdp
10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Pics?

chadillac
01-15-2012, 01:45 AM
Looks comfy but the fit and finish look a little left to be desired. It looks like the stitching is all crooked and frayed. It could be the picture though.

Glad you found a local guy to support, its always nice finding someone like that around MI.

Mike in Michigan
01-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Leather work looks good. I would have used natural colored thread instead of the black.

RifleGuy
01-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Looks comfy but the fit and finish look a little left to be desired. It looks like the stitching is all crooked and frayed. It could be the picture though.

Glad you found a local guy to support, its always nice finding someone like that around MI.
The leather work seems fine, though the stitching is a bit uneven. I don't see anywhere where it appears frayed. Perhaps you are seeing the spots where he doubled back over the stitching?

I agree with Mike; as a matter of personal preference, a different color thread would be more appealing to me. Then again, I prefer a darker leather; tanned a deep, dark brown, but that is just a matter of personal aesthetics.

I'd like to see more work by this gent; seems to hold a lot of promise. :thumbup:

miked
01-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Not bad but he has some room for improvment. I would turn the one screw around so that the smooth side is facing the body.

I'd like to see more of his work.