PDA

View Full Version : New Website: Silencers Are Legal

7.62 Nato
10-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Silencerco, a company out of Utah, has gone live with a new website designed to act as an introduction to the legal ownership of silencers.

http://www.silencersarelegal.com/

BWHaas
10-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Excellent resource. Thanks for posting it for everyone.

obersaber
11-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Silencerco also makes state of the art suppressors for centerfire and rimfire guns. I just ordered an Osprey for my .50GI/Glock and a Sparrow SS for my FiveseveN. I am working with The Gun Barn 2 to make this happen. I also will be sending a letter to the AG and DNR board members to encourage allowing suppressors for hunting in Michigan.

See below:

I would like to offer a good faith gesture to appease non hunters, naturalists and Michigan citizens who are opposed to the sound of gunfire.

Make suppressors legal for hunting in Michigan and help hunters and non hunters coexist.

Many states already allow legally owned suppressed firearms for hunting all types of game animals.

Citizens who legally own and use firearm suppressors are responsible, dedicated and above all, law abiding and not likely to jeopardize a substantial investment of time, energy and capital to break federal and state laws while using a suppressor.

I personally suffer from tinnitus caused by discharging firearms during deer season over the past 45 years. I do not want to see my children or grand children suffer the same fate.

My primary concern is home defense where the ability to hear and listen is imperative to identify and communicate with family members as well as locate possible threats. The prospect of discharging a firearm in an enclosed space is a legal, ethical and physically damaging proposition that I do not contemplate lightly!

In the woods, the ability to hear and listen helps hunters safely identify legal game animals as well as the target and beyond.

Firearm suppressor use will make the sport of hunting safer and quieter.

Please consider including your support for revising Michigan hunting laws to allow the legal use of firearm suppressors.